I almost bought one during Black Friday week on eBay for $516 American w/free shipping but would have came out of China and I didn't want to deal with issues sending it back if I had to, it would cost as much as the damn unit... I guess I will have to wait....

PS Amazon offers a four year warranty add-on....

10 hours ago, MetricUSA said:

I almost bought one during Black Friday week on eBay for $516 American w/free shipping but would have came out of China and I didn't want to deal with issues sending it back if I had to, it would cost as much as the damn unit... I guess I will have to wait....

it is a risk to import a machine, but as you could see, for the Mini Pro, with the community, we found almost all the solutions in case of problem.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I also hit a new max yesterday in app. Accelerated as hard as i could from 13km/h and reached first 22.1km/h then second try:

25.2km/h ?

It lasted for a split second, then my brand new mini plus motors gave up, one wheel stopped i think and caused it to make a supersharp left turn and throw me right off ?

I was at 50%battery and it was around 0°C outside and i weigh 94kg.

Funny thing i got it all on video :)

I was up in a heartbeat to run after my bot that had continued UPRIGHT (still balanced) a bit on its own before stopping. Did not want it to benoverrun by a car ?

1 minute ago, Boogieman said:

I also hit a new max yesterday in app. Accelerated as hard as i could from 13km/h and reached first 22.1km/h then second try:

25.2km/h ?

It lasted for a split second, then my brand new mini plus motors gave up, one wheel stopped i think and caused it to make a supersharp left turn and throw me right off ?

I was at 50%battery and it was around 0°C outside and i weigh 94kg.

Funny thing i got it all on video :)

I was up in a heartbeat to run after my bot that had continued a bit on its own before stopping. Did not want it to benoverrun by a car ?

That's literally asking for trouble!

10 hours ago, Vik's said:

That's literally asking for trouble!

It was kind of the intention. I would rather find the limit when I'm ready, than"sudden" when I'm not prepared. I do this with all vehicles to learn how to handle them in case of emergency (bikes, cars and whatnot)

After pushing it problem free indoors accelerationwise to 10km/h (over a 4m stretch... Damn nice torque for such a small ride) and people saying they never got thrown off i had to check if that was a fact or if people just drove careful and if it manages someone close to its max rated load 100kg at full tilt.

50% battery should be enough, but i noted after being thrown off that it kept lowering max speed limit based on battery (i think it is battery based at least) and probably driving style, speeding attempts (or maybe just over load warnings like in this case)

Before hrow off battery was exact 58% and max speed down to 18.9km/h from 19.

Right after 2*overload still 58% but max 18.6 km/h. (I did not note the overload messages until afterward when looking at video, i thought it was just another annoying popup nonstop "you drive to fast, slow down) that you can click forever until you tilt back or is forced back in the end standing on your heels basically :)

After that i rode battery down to about 40% and max speed was down to 17.6km/h if i remember right. That's quite a drop from 19.

Charged it too 100% with included charger (low voltage version) and max speed was back to 19km/h.

Still it is advertised to 20km/h so i started wondering why it says 19km/h when full?

Do you guys also see 19 or do you have 20km/h limit on speedometer when 100% charged and does max speed go down for you to add battery drains?

I will keep a look out of driving mode (non aggressive) prevents max speed from dropping.

I also compared speed vs Nokia here gps based speed and indeed the app shows 2-3km/h more than gps based speed which hover around 16km/h when cruising at 18-9km/h in app, so something is wrong and i have found the here app to be very exact.

Also i have not updated to latest firmware after reading about the horrible "wheel lock" if stepping off footsteps

My wheels keeps spinning (free roll) if i step of accidentally (like over a bump) and i much prefer that it rolls away than takes a noise dive if i were to make a jump for example.

Don't know if there is an even later fw that removed the wheel lock again, but i won't take the chance of updating till i know.

I would like a firmware thread here for the plus as it seems very hard to find good info on it in English speaking forums (few buyers or all Chinese?)

Cheers

Boogie

Nice to see some more experiences here.  I was going to post a request for more MiniPlus experiences, I'm surprised we have heard so few.  

The new top speed on the Plus is the only reason I still think 'maybe' somedays, but I'll wait a bit more because I need to be ready to mess with it if I get it.  I'd like to switch the batteries used and see if a different knee controller would be possible.  Of course if they made it in Black that might make me buy one sooner as well.  

I decided to try the Ninebot PTR Elite, but they decided not to make the knee controller for that any more.  I'll be writing up my first impressions on that soon, but man I can't believe I like the feel of the MiniPro so much more.  The drive seems much more refined on the MiniPro.  I just love the little MiniPro, but because of that I need an update version, and the plus is just not the update I had hoped for.

3 hours ago, FreeRide said:

Nice to see some more experiences here.  I was going to post a request for more MiniPlus experiences, I'm surprised we have heard so few.  

The new top speed on the Plus is the only reason I still think 'maybe' somedays, but I'll wait a bit more because I need to be ready to mess with it if I get it.  I'd like to switch the batteries used and see if a different knee controller would be possible.  Of course if they made it in Black that might make me buy one sooner as well.  

I decided to try the Ninebot PTR Elite, but they decided not to make the knee controller for that any more.  I'll be writing up my first impressions on that soon, but man I can't believe I like the feel of the MiniPro so much more.  The drive seems much more refined on the MiniPro.  I just love the little MiniPro, but because of that I need an update version, and the plus is just not the update I had hoped for.

Agreed.

We may not have a choice in a few years when the MiniPro expires.

On 3/30/2018 at 9:10 AM, cloudust said:

Nice. Thank you. Look forward to your review.

ok it's done!

finally

you can find all my review on my blog

I cant post more pics i dont have enought space allowed at my account here

Archived