Looking to buy high payload EUC, like Inmotion V8, London

Vence

I think the V8 will be too weak for your weight with only a 800W motor. Range may also be very limited. You should look at a KS16S instead which has 50% more motor power and a larger battery. It will be a little more expensive but I think you risk exceeding the V8s ability and taking a fall. 

25 minutes ago, Scully said:

Yes, I still have mine. 
You'll have to be quick though, as we're heading off to Florida for 2 weeks tomorrow - flying from Gatwick

The cold spell had just passed. Currently 27 and sunny in Tampa. Welcome. 

Just now, WARPed1701D said:

The cold spell had just passed. Currently 27 and sunny in Tampa. Welcome. 

Weren't you on the verge of moving to the UK at one point? If not, great!

The longer I remain here the more disillusioned I become with this depressing country

2 minutes ago, Paddylaz said:

Weren't you on the verge of moving to the UK at one point? If not, great!

The longer I remain here the more disillusioned I become with this depressing country

I am currently in the midst of the very painful process but it is looking more and more likely this attempt (due to return Jan 3rd via the Queen Mary 2) will fail. When the government couldn't clamp down on EU immigration a few years ago they appeased those baying for immigrant blood by making it harder for people to move to the UK from all other countries (even though they represented a small percentage of those entering the UK). These more difficult rules include those affecting foreign born spouses of British citizens. My big first hurdle is that before I can bring my US born wife to the UK I need to find a job paying >18.5k per year. I'm a programmer so salary isn't a problem but you try getting a job form 4.5k miles away and when you can't start at the drop of a hat. I can return before her and job hunt which might increase my chances but then we are talking about 4 or 5 months of seperation as well as dual expenses for living and her (out of work) not having any health insurance. We are already broke (shame you aren't here as I'm only a month or two from having to sell my V8) and the cost of moving plus Visa fees means we really can't afford to live apart.

I want to return mainly for my parents who are in their 70s, but also for the countryside, for a better work life balance, for less guns, and for easy access to Europe again (even if not in the EU). I agree that the news out of Britain isn't that great lately. Wages are crap. Who knows what Brexit will bring. Increased crime. But then news out the US isn't that much better either. The economy seems to be OK but Washington is a bloody mess and is increasingly isolating us on the world stage.

Honestly, if not for my parents I think I'd be looking at New Zealand.

My wife is from the US and we are in the UK, thankfully when we met there weren't the stupid rules about foreign spouses (mid 90s). It was still a bit of an endurance test to get here here though, which included the home office loosing our file with all of our documents for a couple of months. Useless idiots. 

Im so pissed off about Brexit that we have been investigating our ancestors to see if we could qualify for an EU passport. Luckily my wife mother is german so she could get a german passport as well. In 4 years when  the kids are through school we could clear off to europe as the standard of living and general quality of life is so much better in northern europe than here. 

Not sure what i could do but if there is anything we can do to help pls let me know. We are near Basingstoke, north of Winchester. 

1 hour ago, WARPed1701D said:

The cold spell had just passed.

Of course, the 'cold spell' he mentioned lasted about a week and only applied to night-time weather...

Chilly-Tampa.jpg.1adc9ef084cfc714a660846a11744e6d.jpg

Luckily, I was in Miami at the time and avoided the big 'chill'. :P

2 hours ago, nute said:

My wife is from the US and we are in the UK, thankfully when we met there weren't the stupid rules about foreign spouses (mid 90s). It was still a bit of an endurance test to get here here though, which included the home office loosing our file with all of our documents for a couple of months. Useless idiots. 

Im so pissed off about Brexit that we have been investigating our ancestors to see if we could qualify for an EU passport. Luckily my wife mother is german so she could get a german passport as well. In 4 years when  the kids are through school we could clear off to europe as the standard of living and general quality of life is so much better in northern europe than here. 

Not sure what i could do but if there is anything we can do to help pls let me know. We are near Basingstoke, north of Winchester. 

We met in 08 and had to decide which country to live in first. We picked the US. By the time we got here the economy had crashed and I spent 18 months looking for for work. Ended up going to college to diversify into programming. Then in 11 or 12 they added the rules for UK immigration making it much harder to return. If we had done the UK first things would have been much (well a little) easier. Oh well. 

Thanks for the offer to help. Short of a programming job paying a living wage or a 6 month loan of 65k to keep immigration happy there is little anyone can do to help. 

Ditto on Brexit. Didn't see that coming. What's even more annoying is I won't be able to vote for much longer either. 

3 hours ago, WARPed1701D said:

Honestly, if not for my parents I think I'd be looking at New Zealand.

Better hurry if that is your back-up plan. The new coalition government has promised to reduce the immigration quota by 30,000

New Zealand is still a great place in many respects, but like other countries, it, too, has become increasingly resentful (even hostile) towards immigration. 

On 03/11/2017 at 7:41 PM, steve454 said:

@Scully in Clevedon has a 1600wh MSuper for sale as of Oct 22nd he still has it.

And here is a Kingsong 14D in London  

Wow, I go away for the weekend and the thread takes on a life of its own. 

£1200 is really double what I want to spend.  @Scully, its a long way off, I know, but PM me if you  would accept £600 (my max budget)

Looking at the stats, (and bear with me as I am a newbie, )I don't think the KS14D and KS18AY are powerful enough.

@Paddylaz, you saw me ride, what is your opinion.

18 minutes ago, Vence said:

Looking at the stats, (and bear with me as I am a newbie, )I don't think the KS14D and KS18AY are powerful enough.

At which stats did you look? ;-)

The KS18AY is one of the most powerful wheels available...in fact for a high payload like 130kg the only wheels i would accept are -> KS18AY, KS18S and GW V3s+....use no other wheels, please, they are not designed for 130kg+!!

So if you are not able to pay the V3s+....definitly contact @Lukas83....as this is one of the few opportunitys to snap such a powerfull wheel for this less Money!

2 hours ago, Vence said:

Wow, I go away for the weekend and the thread takes on a life of its own. 

£1200 is really double what I want to spend.  @Scully, its a long way off, I know, but PM me if you  would accept £600 (my max budget)

@Paddylaz, you saw me ride, what is your opinion.

KS18 & 14d are great wheels, I know the guy who is selling the 14d. It's faster than mine and has a more powerful motor but range is slightly lower.

At 130kg, especially if you're also going to have a bag/gear etc, you might find most of these wheels lacking in the power you want, but certainly multiple steps up from the Airwheel.

If @Ajss_1 is still selling the 14d, I'd definitely go with that for the money. But you won't be getting anywhere near the advertised range of 40km ?

For the record there's a chance I'm going to be selling my wheel too in a few weeks, so you've got that as a possible option as well

2 hours ago, Paddylaz said:

KS18 & 14d are great wheels, I know the guy who is selling the 14d. It's faster than mine and has a more powerful motor but range is slightly lower.

At 130kg, especially if you're also going to have a bag/gear etc, you might find most of these wheels lacking in the power you want, but certainly multiple steps up from the Airwheel.

If @Ajss_1 is still selling the 14d, I'd definitely go with that for the money. But you won't be getting anywhere near the advertised range of 40km ?

For the record there's a chance I'm going to be selling my wheel too in a few weeks, so you've got that as a possible option as well

The 14D is only a 800w motor, which the consensus seems to say is too small for me.  You and @KingSong69 are suggesting the KS18 so might contact @Lukas83 to see if he will come down to my price range.  One thing I am concerned about is that it weighs 55lbs, so is a beast, but does not seem to have a carry handle the way the InMotion does.

12 minutes ago, Vence said:

The 14D is only a 800w motor, which the consensus seems to say is too small for me.  You and @KingSong69 are suggesting the KS18 so might contact @Lukas83 to see if he will come down to my price range.  One thing I am concerned about is that it weighs 55lbs, so is a beast, but does not seem to have a carry handle the way the InMotion does.

Hey...

You can definitly NOT exspect a light weight powerfull wheel that will handle your weight!!! That does not go together, battery tech is not that good nowadays...power means more battery means more weight.

I was also 105-110kg....the “normal” weight limit on all EUC wheels is about 100! and believe me...i was with a 20kg backpack on a ks16 with 800Watt...that was on the edge what the wheel can do...

Despite that i know Lukas...i can assure you that the only wheels handling such a height weight real good and without struggling, are the powerfull 18inch wheels of Ks or GW....so the 18AY might be perfect for you. (and in perfect price range)

Nothing against a 14d...it is one of the best 14inch on market...but 130kg? Yes, it will work...but on the edge and not as stable as a 18inch wheel....

I agree,  I can't expect it to be lighter. 

It's too bad, as the V8 you recommended, was affordable and portable, but I don't want to be under powered.

Maybe I can attach a handle. Have messaged @Lukas83 so will see if we can get to a price that I can afford.

Best option is to lose weight:efee47c9c8: Sorry if this isn't helpful, but it's the truth.

EUCs are very weight sensitive, and you'll get amazing range improvements from lower weights. And all the options are open too you.

I also think the 18 inch Kingsongs are the only real options for now, but even for them 130kg is borderline too much weight. No idea what happens if you brake sharply.

Archived