comparison NinebotOne E+,P and InmotionV8

Dr. Thomas Schreiber

Hello All OneWheel community together

today it is my first review for the onewheel made by ninebot and inmotion

First of ALL, both are for daily use VERY usefull

ninebot: silent ride, fast charging, smart dimensions, easy repair, very save (this is my personal opinion) riding

inmotion: illumination for traffic perfect, handle button a big +, trolley grip two big ++

Both manufacturer has BAD apps to operate the onewheel, not usefull, not easy to use, ONLY nice to have

The apps don´t support not so the safety of riding

Both manufacturer has not a good service in Europe

Both manufacturer don´t look for approval modest/registration on streets

I use the onwwheel every day for the was to work and back (in summary appr. 20km per day)

and I hope the transporting tool will be in the future the same as a bicycle, even the footprint is better of the onewheel

Kindly Regards to all users

@Dr. Thomas Schreiber, welcome to our forum.

To avoid confusion, there is one thing I should point out; these devices are known here as Electric Unicycles or EUC’s for short.

The Onewheel is quite a different beast that is ridden sideways - see the below thread.

As for apps and support, whilst the manufacturers are not so great, a number of sellers in Europe offer very good support and a number of people on this forum have created apps with better functionality than the original manufacturers. Have a look around the forum, you should find plenty of support for both.

I find the InMotion V8 app overall pretty good. It allows in particular to change the max speed and the neutral pedal angle on a continuous sliding scale. The main downsides are that it takes too long to startup, too many clicks to connect (two :efee8319ab:, that the connection drops frequently, and that it doesn't display voltage. As I can't watch my mobile phone while riding without endangering others and myself, to be connected while riding is of no good use anyways.

Archived