Trouble finding 14" inner tube

Smoother

had a freaky flip over yesterday. Just walked it off, no biggie, but when I picked up Lassie (my wheel), the tire was flat. Inspection revealed the (bent) valve stem was rotated 180 Deg.  And had ripped out of the tube.  I know what happened, but it's not the subject of this post. 

Why is it so freaking hard to find a 14" inner tube in Europe.  Jason's got one in the US, but my cost delivered is $55.  Keep looking.

if you don't know, EUC s need a special bent valve stem parallel to the tube not at 90deg or straight, So local bike shop or FleaBay is not an option  

8 minutes ago, Smoother said:

had a freaky flip over yesterday. Just walked it off, no biggie, but when I picked up Lassie (my wheel), the tire was flat. Inspection revealed the (bent) valve stem was rotated 180 Deg.  And had ripped out of the tube.  I know what happened, but it's not the subject of this post. 

Why is it so freaking hard to find a 14" inner tube in Europe.  Jason's got one in the US, but my cost delivered is $55.  Keep looking.

if you don't know, EUC s need a special bent valve stems parallel to the tube not at 90deg or straight, So local bike shop or FleaBay is not an option  

Here you go?

https://www.electricunicycles.eu/14_inner_tube_for_electric_unicycles_with_bent_valve-c__203

16 minutes ago, Smoother said:

Wow @steve454. You're a star.  A STAR, I tell ya.  Not even the usual dealer names could guide me to a stockist.  I'll order that right now.  Let you know if it all works out. 

1000 Thanks.

You got me thinking, what if I get a Kingsong, how do I change the tire or tube?  This is probably the best way to do it.  Looks kind of complicated.  But the nine screw pedal system looks good.  Looks easier than Inmotion,  way harder than Ninebot, good luck and let us know how it works out.:cheers:

I ordered two tubes, just in case  they start making them from rocking horse shit.?

Ive had the misfortune to dismantle my 14c twice now.  Once to chech the spring-like cable protector was seated properly in the axle, after someone reported a big crash due to there's not being In place.

and once last week to remove the last of the leash that I wrapped around my axle in Spain last spring.  It was wedged into the bearing on one side.

let me tell you it's a real PITA, but do-able.  You can't pull the wheel completely out of the bottom,on a 14C like in that 14D video (thanks) because the power cable to the motor is wrapped around the control board and I can't see a disconnector. I'll look harder this time. 

I think I'll also re pack one bearing with grease, and replace the missing dust shield that I think got chewed up by the wrapped and snapped leash.  I'll make a new dust seal from some EPDM sheet I have lying around. 

AND if you've read this far, I recently applied grease to the pins that the pedals mount to, and it made a big difference when folding and unfolding the pedals; much smoother and quieter.

Archived