Gotway Android App - Link and Usage Instructions

GQS

*** This is for the Android app only, don't ask about the iOS app in this thread, go do a search.  Edit: The Gotway Apple iOS App is here.  Don't post about the iOS app in this thread.  ***

Work in progress, please let me know if I need to make corrections or have omissions.  Thanks in advance.  I didn't see a guide on using the Gotway Android App so I wanted to start one.

---

Overview

The latest Gotway android app is "0213 v1" released on Feb 12, 2017.  The link is provided by Jane Mo  (link deleted by @Chriull).

Compatibility is for:

• Gotway 18" Msuper3/3+
  • Gotway 22" Monster
  • Gotway 16" Tesla
  • Gotway 14" ACM
  • Gotway 10" Mten3
  • Gotway 10" Luffy

The link is provided by Jane Mo (link deleted by @Chriull).  Let's call this the Series 2 Application.

---

If you have an older EUc such as:

• Gotway 18" Msuper v1
  • Gotway 18" Msuper v2
  • Gotway 14" MCM 2/3/4
  • Gotway 10" Mten2

You should use the older "Gotway App Version 3.4.52" released on Jan 28. 2015 by Verachai Chanchanbunloet (link deleted by @Chriull) Let's call this the Legacy/Classic Application.  Although the numbering starts with a 3, this is a prior generation app and the number should not be construed as being newer than the Series 2 application versioning.

• * Gotway 5", Gotway 8", Gotway 10" Mten1 and Gotway 14" MCM 1: Neither has the required bluetooth modules on the mainboards and thus do not support any application.

The above links are provided directly by the vendor and neither this forum nor I warrant or guarantee these apps or links.  Use at your own discretion.

---

The Gotway Series 2 Application Manual:

Installation:

Download the apk file.  You need to allow installation from unknown sources in order for this to install.  You must allow all permissions for this to work.  You require internet access to connect back to the Gotway server in order to log in and setup your account.  Most of the motor codes require that you indicate a China location, leave that alone.  The phone number field is actually asking for a login name or ID.  You need to have your motor code ready in order to register this account.  Once you have this information, you click register and it will either confirm or give you an error if you gave a bad motor code. 

Usage:

Log in.  Search for your gotway, do this away from other gotway unicycles.  Then connect.

More coming...

---

The Gotway Legacy/Classic Application Manual:

Installation:

Download the apk file.  You need to allow installation from unknown sources in order for this to install.  You must allow all permissions for this to work. 

Usage:

You need to connect to the bluetooth Gotway module manually in your bluetooth connections settings outside of your app.  Open your app then select the already connected Gotway unicycle from the list.  You can access the stiffness menu with a long press of your Android overview button (unless your 3rd android button is already configured to menu).  Madden is the stiffest setting.

More coming...

---

Compatible Non-Vendor Apps:

• Wheellog - Compatible with most Gotway wheels for logging and alternative display options here.

I've gotten feedback from other users that the Wheellog app is compatible with all of the Gotway wheels without the signup requirement.  Consider this app for Android if you want a faster setup.  Wheellog can now set the stiffness riding level.

More coming...

Great! This will be really useful. I struggled a whole day to figure out how to use this on my new Tesla (& it didn't help that seller told me Gotway server was down the day I tried to login to the app). There was hardly any instruction given to me on purchase. Gotway's manual was pathetic as well. 

• 2 weeks later...

I hate to say it but...

The link to the .apk file want's my facebook login information but it's not facebook.

Funny thing is, I'm already logged into facebook in another tab in this very  same window, browsing my way among various groups I frequent there... why does it want me to log in again? 

I smell fish.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived