I Love eBay!

Anyone got $6301 I can borrow?  :w00t2:  Or some spare packets of McD Szechuen sauce they don't need?  :whistling:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/One-McDonalds-limited-edition-Rick-and-Morty-Szechuan-Sauce-NEW-UNOPENED-/202076202594

"Up for auction is ONE authentic SEALED McDonald's Szechuan sauce packet from the 10-07-17 promotional event. Hugely popular due to the demand created from the Rick and Morty TV show this year. This sauce has been out of production since 1998! Don't even Hesitate. Don't Even Worry. Don't even... Give it a Second Thought. Get the Szechuan Sauce before it's gone forever. There were only 20 sauces in all of Connecticut (19 now since the girl ahead of me in line ate hers). This stuff is like gold...there's less than 80 liters in existence (and that's counting the bottle Deadmau5 owns) HIGHEST BIDDER WINS: **One Authentic Sealed 25.5g Szechuan Sauce Packet** **Receipt from Norwich CT McDonald's showing sale** & **Promotional Buttermilk Tenders double sided lobby card** Starting bid is only $1.00 USD, that's fair, I hope our prices aren't too low! I will ship internationally."

?site=0&stg=1&mpt=1508047361006

2 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Anyone got $6301 I can borrow?

I just do not get collecting at all. A one week old sachet of sauce can fetch bids like that ( or can you just take the pee on eBay?)

Meanwhile, I’m going through my fathers estate and our “inheritance” was that he has virtually every British coin minted since 1860, all in neat coin collecting folders and as far as I can see they entire collection is worth a few hundred pounds at most, in fact the pre-1920 silver coins look to be worth more as their scrap silver value as they are 92% silver worth about £12/oz

Heaven only knows what to do with the “surplus” coins that are not in collections: there is 5lb in weight of copper farthings alone (1/4 of one British old penny - so about 1/8 of a US cent in money but not legal tender since 1960.

The other thing is we were quite poor growing up, so to see all this money hoarded when it had a damn sight more value to us then than it has now is even harder to understand. 

2 hours ago, Keith said:

Anyone got $6301 I can borrow?  :w00t2:  Or some spare packets of McD Szechuen sauce they don't need?  :whistling:

I can buy this one on Ebay. I will gladly sell it to you at a EUC plus member discount for only $1000!;)

37451094260_02fe580428_b.jpg

2 hours ago, Keith said:

Meanwhile, I’m going through my fathers estate and our “inheritance” was that he has virtually every British coin minted since 1860, all in neat coin collecting folders and as far as I can see they entire collection is worth a few hundred pounds at most, in fact the pre-1920 silver coins look to be worth more as their scrap silver value as they are 92% silver worth about £12/oz

Sorry for you loss!

I would contact a coin expert that would be able conduct a professional evaluation of the coin’s actual worth. You could then advertise one of the coins on Ebay to see if there is any interest. If you don’t have a high Ebay rating it might be best to locate a dealer that will sell them on consignment.

One man's treasure trove can be another man's junk collection that's for sure.  I bought some DVDs years ago, and now I wonder why I did.  :confused1:  I think I've only rewatched them a hand full of times, and now everything is available online at higher quality.  They are just collecting dust now.  Sometimes it's not the monetary worth of a collection but the personal enjoyment you get out of it at the time.  It's funny how we tend to collect and hoard things only to have the next generation not valuing them as much as we do.

My grandfather used to collect stamps, and he organized them all into books.  I'm not even sure what their value would be, but it was neat and nostalgic to have looked through the collection.

People are even trying to sell the empty Szechuen sauce containers and posters so where there's a market, money's to be had and given away!  :rolleyes:  You wonder though how many buyers end up not paying.  $6300 is a bit of a stretch for a sauce packet.  :lol:

I wish Grandpa had passed on some Rolex watches or Microsoft stock instead of a bunch of stamps!

Archived