The Vaper's lounge.

LanghamP

All this argument about vaping made me want to vape.

I'm not actually a smoker of traditional cigs or pipes, and while I vape several pipes and cigs I don't <usually> put in nicotine in the liquid. However, I do enjoy vaping immensely. It's pretty variable, sometimes I'll go days without taking a single puff, and about once a week I'll suck down a whole chamber (reserve?).

--V2; your normal e-cig, cheap, smooth, refillable.

--Blu; I think everyone bought these, they cost like 8 bucks. I treat mine like crap because I want to break it but it's stuck with me for a year. Feels great in the hand.

--V2 pro; fat cigar, adjustable, beautifully made, very pricey at $100 or so even on sale. The tax on this thing is ludicrous. Comes in a beautiful box, can smoke anything you want although I just use the e-liquid chamber, I do need to replace the chamber since it has gotten ever slightly smokey but the chambers are like $16 bucks so...

--eLeaf Pico Mega; beautifully made, super-adjustable, you could kill yourself if you set the wattage too high as I did the first time, I think I got it for like $42, certainly the best of my vapers but with the huge drawback that whenever I put it on its side it leaks liquid like crazy, and so it's not portable at all. I can't put this in my pocket.

I bought my eLiquid from Wizard Labs, 50 to 50 mix, with a variety flavor pack, and occasionally I do add nicotine but I simply haven't noticed any difference between nicotine and non-nicotine.

If I'm around smokers then I get quite ill, eventually, and it takes me about half a day to recover.

If I have to take this highway bridge over these train tracks, and there's a lot of trucks going over, then it takes me about 20 minutes to recover.

In comparison, vaping doesn't seem to have any effect on me whatsoever, it neither makes me feel ill nor does it make me feel jumpy like a Red Bull drink, and I do occasionally add nicotine to it.

I will say the people who I know who do vape, every one of them are heavy smokers, and vaping didn't seem to help them much. They were heavy smokers before and they still are heavy smokers now, they thought they could use vaping to quit smoking but instead they just ended up smoking even more.

19 hours ago, LanghamP said:

I will say the people who I know who do vape, every one of them are heavy smokers, and vaping didn't seem to help them much. They were heavy smokers before and they still are heavy smokers now, they thought they could use vaping to quit smoking but instead they just ended up smoking even more.

I used to be a 2 pack a day smoker up until April.That is when the price of a pack was raised by $2 here in the "Peoples republic of California" by our illustrious governor comrade "Moonbeam".I took up Vaping and haven't bought a pack of cigs since.Do not believe all the crap stated in the other thread from the "Nicotine Nazis" that vaping is just as bad as smoking. 

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, steve454 said:

One good thing about vaping is, it costs a lot less.  I was spending about $300 a month on cigs when they were at about $3.30 a pack, I had to quit when the price went to over $5 a pack with that big tax increase.

When I was in my twenties, my mates and I were sat in the pub (bar) one night and I worked out it was costing me less to learn to fly than they were spending on beer and cigarettes. That was quite a valuable life lesson to me.

Admittedly it was helped by cigarettes making me feel ill and one of my friends giving me a free flying lesson on the way home from the pub when he failed to see a pile of builders sand by the side of the road that I could see clearly from the back of the car - and still insisted it had nothing to do with the amount he had drunk. After that I always drove us all to the pub and never had more than one drink.

Perhaps I was also lucky that the buzz of flying was the only ‘high’ I needed ?

I guess the price of vaping got tossed around pretty bad for many vapers during the legal hurdles this past year. I mix my own juices, and still have everything stocked up for years to come, so I'm golden. But for someone who's vaping modern high powered devices, doesn't mix their own juices and rebuild their atomizers, forced to buy from the local stores only... Geez.

• 1 month later...

my dad wants to stop smoking but he thinks vaping is as bad as smoking because of the headlines and the media <_<     he doesnt believe its bad neccesaryly he just has this argument: "but in the end nobody really knows"

and that is the most annoying argument there is pretty much no way around...

7 minutes ago, Shad0z said:

my dad wants to stop smoking but he thinks vaping is as bad as smoking because of the headlines and the media <_<     he doesnt believe its bad neccesaryly he just has this argument: "but in the end nobody really knows"

Vaping is fun and cheap. Smoking is just grim. Vaping doesn't feel like you're inhaling something poisonous whereas just being around smokers (I've never smoked) wilts one's body and makes one quite ill.

Is there any comparison to doing hooka's? The Turkish way of vaping (similar to doing bongs), not the streetwalkers.   :P

I was introduced to it about 5yrs ago, and have only done it a total of about 3 times. It was actually a pleasant experience imho. No adverse effects whatsoever. Have thought of getting my own, but I currently have an expensive exotic cigar habit.

Anyway, not to derail the thread. But since I don't vape, I'd still be interested in knowing anyone's comparitve experience of vaping to hooka's.  :smartass:

On 12/21/2017 at 12:07 AM, Coffee guy said:

Is there any comparison to doing hooka's? The Turkish way of vaping (similar to doing bongs), not the streetwalkers.   :P

I was introduced to it about 5yrs ago, and have only done it a total of about 3 times. It was actually a pleasant experience imho. No adverse effects whatsoever. Have thought of getting my own, but I currently have an expensive exotic cigar habit.

Anyway, not to derail the thread. But since I don't vape, I'd still be interested in knowing anyone's comparitve experience of vaping to hooka's.  :smartass:

Hookah smoking seems to be just as bad and very probably several times worse than cigarette smoking with regards to health. With vaping you aren't burning anything at all. 

I would say since vaping can be adjusted, you can make it dangerously hot to very mild. 

On 10/12/2017 at 1:34 PM, Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" said:

Do not believe all the crap stated in the other thread from the "Nicotine Nazis" that vaping is just as bad as smoking.

+1

On 12/21/2017 at 12:13 AM, Shad0z said:

Well, a lot of people actually DO know. There have been numerous scientific studies that show how little harm vaping does, especially compared to smoking. Dr Farsalinos is perhaps the most experienced scientist in this area, that name should help in finding relevant and most probably unbiased studies.

Although I have no idea what’s going on with the ready-to-vape e-liquids. I make my own, and menthol (from menthol crystals) is usually the only flavor I use. VG, PG and nicotine being the only other substances.

Archived