we maybe got a step closer at the speed limit hack

so i was looking at a post of some guys from IO or something hacking a ninebot mini pro and showing off some vulnerabilities and hacking the firmware and shutting down the motors with the app but the interesting part is they hacked the firmware i dont know much about it but here is a link

https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasbrewster/2017/07/19/segway-hoverboard-hacked-in-20-seconds/#7477e5eb113f

Hi

I had seen this, they used the method of Denniss and Alexander. These are two methods that have allowed a firmware downgrade to bypass the address of the update server to a server hosting the old firmware named with a higher version to cause the application to believe that a new firmware version was to be updated

19 minutes ago, jojo33 said:

Hi

I had seen this, they used the method of Denniss and Alexander. These are two methods that have allowed a firmware downgrade to bypass the address of the update server to a server hosting the old firmware named with a higher version to cause the application to believe that a new firmware version was to be updated

i will see what i can do i have some freinds who have some freinds who know some freinds who can do some hacking and coding i will try to get contact i will post about it if i find out something ;)

30 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

Anyone tried Darknessbot? The newest version let me set my max speed on my Kingsong at 35 km, but it should only allow 30 on the 14c. I'll give it a go with the mini tonight and see what happens. 

Haha, no that’s not how it works on the ninebot. 

• 4 weeks later...

It says it is just an optical sensor that counts the wheel turns.

It may be used to control almost everything, no only the max speed, but the speed in each moment, the distance, etc, so I don't know what will happen if you remove them.

the most probable thing is that ninebot stops working (it should do, I presume)

3 hours ago, capdcanoa said:

It says it is just an optical sensor that counts the wheel turns.

It may be used to control almost everything, no only the max speed, but the speed in each moment, the distance, etc, so I don't know what will happen if you remove them.

the most probable thing is that ninebot stops working (it should do, I presume)

it will stop working and i would not reccomend it i am trying to get a hold of some professional programmers and hackers to help me if i pay them wish me luck ;)

Archived