Problems with Aliexpress purchase

MaxMi

Hi everybody,
I'm having a problem with buying my Kingsong KS16S on Aliexpress, and I would like to know if someone else has waited so long for delivery, both in general and in particular by my seller.

I bought my KS16S from Aliexpress store “green and fashion travaling shop” on September 1st, with seller guarantees “ships out within 7 business days” and “On-time Delivery 23 days”. 

The goods were declared shipped the last day before the automatic cancellation of the order, but I had to wait several days before having the tracking code. Since the expedition, however, the expected delivery date was between October 15 and 30...

On September 18th, the seller (chenyanming chen) extended my buyer protection to 10 days without any notice, and I began to wonder why. The seller answered me with some explanations I felt a bit strange (delayed expedition due to Aliexpress, Hong Kong Customs problems - I have never heard about problems with the outgoing customs). Only after threatening to open a dispute I could get the correct UPS tracking code (after three attempts, because the vendor gave me the wrong code in the first two), which shows that the label was created on 26 September only (NL, Order processed: Ready for UPS). Since then, no tracking progress, the goods have not yet arrived at NL customs.

Being at my first purchase on Aliexpress, and also comforted by the experience of other buyers on this platform, I wanted to give confidence to the seller asking for an extension of another 20 days of buyer protection. The seller gave me only 10, and today he replied that he doesn’t think it’s normal too, he looks forward to delivering to me next week (me too...), and he’s very helpless…

So here are my worries. When I ordered my KS16S this vendor was the only one who still sold it on Aliexpress, and it seemed to me that strange. A few days later Kingsong began its strong campaign to prevent direct import of its EUC from China, and I wonder if these delays are not due to this.

I trusted this seller because I read about many people who bought from him, and everything went well, but lately I have also read about some delays on the French forum (for a KS16S too), and a few months ago even a Russian boy who received his wheel after 46 days, due to an economic expedition (from various topics I read that the normal delivery time for an euc is 15-30 days depending on the seller). Next week if tracking will remain unchanged I’ll open a dispute to obtain full refund, as first experience with Aliexpress I think I have waited enough.

I would like to know what do you think about (I’m not even afraid of any criticism, as long it’s useful), I'm not so sorry for the wait, but the seller did not seem very serious and at this point I'm afraid I get a bad wheel that would be very expensive to return to China.

Thanks in advance for any opinion. Massimo

24 minutes ago, MaxMi said:

label was created on 26 September only (NL, Order processed: Ready for UPS). Since then, no tracking progress, the goods have not yet arrived at NL customs.

Being

Just from my 4 wheel buy experience:

The tracking Progress does NOT MOVE A BIT until the wheel reaches the Netherlands....and on 2 of my wheels, the package even poped up at my housedoor before on the next day the Status "in Netherlands" was reached.

Reason for the Long wait, is that the "shipping vendor" sometimes waits a bit with getting your wheel on a plane, because he tries to collect some goods for the same Destination airplane Container.

From 26 September to 10. October are -just-about 14 days...give yourself at least a  week more! In the worst case i even waited 25days from labeling to receiving package.

The seller has a very, very good Reputation, and i would not worry at all.

I do not know even one post here for somebody complaining that he receives NOTHING from green traveling or rockwheel store.

Thank you @KingSong69 for tour reply. 

In fact, it's just for the good reputation I read in the forum about this seller that I trusted him and I required an extension of the buyer protection period, asking for 20 days more (more than 10 days that the same vendor had already given) to receive my goods instead of opening the dispute; even though 40 days have passed since the date of my order - and of my payment - , not - just - 14. And I don't understand, even if seller needs to fill the container before to send the goods, why does he offer the “On-time Delivery 23 days” guarantee, which is a topic of sale (it creates expectations in the buyer, and I think it's correct to consider it as part of the price you pay for your wheel), and exposes him to a dispute. I don't even understand, if these are the reasons for the expedition's delay, why for 26 days did he provide unbelievable excuses kidding the buyer.

Anyway, your feedback makes me confident that the wheel I ordered will arrive in good condition (that's important, thank you so much), but I don't think that rockweel and travaling stores can be said to be on the same level: since I have long read the thread about the GT16, because for a period I was thinking of buying it, I read the feedback of those who bought it, no one waited for his EUC more than 20 days from the order to receive it, and this can not be a coincidence.

Wait and see... :rolleyes:

19 minutes ago, MaxMi said:

Thank you @KingSong69 for tour reply. 

In fact, it's just for the good reputation I read in the forum about this seller that I trusted him and I required an extension of the buyer protection period, asking for 20 days more (more than 10 days that the same vendor had already given) to receive my goods instead of opening the dispute; even though 40 days have passed since the date of my order - and of my payment - , not - just - 14. And I don't understand, even if seller needs to fill the container before to send the goods, why does he offer the “On-time Delivery 23 days” guarantee, which is a topic of sale (it creates expectations in the buyer, and I think it's correct to consider it as part of the price you pay for your wheel), and exposes him to a dispute. I don't even understand, if these are the reasons for the expedition's delay, why for 26 days did he provide unbelievable excuses kidding the buyer.

Anyway, your feedback makes me confident that the wheel I ordered will arrive in good condition (that's important, thank you so much), but I don't think that rockweel and travaling stores can be said to be on the same level: since I have long read the thread about the GT16, because for a period I was thinking of buying it, I read the feedback of those who bought it, no one waited for his EUC more than 20 days from the order to receive it, and this can not be a coincidence.

Wait and see... :rolleyes:

Believe me, i am one of the persons who waited longer than 20days from Rockwheel store...

Some things are not in the hand of these small sellers, you can have luck and after 8days you have the wheel...or bad luck and it takes 25...

Just dont worry...these are both fine guys!

36 minutes ago, MaxMi said:

even though 40 days have passed since the date of my order - and of my payment - , not - just - 14

you are aware that the seller also doesn't see any of this money before you acknowledged to have received the wheel?

@MaxMi

Just one or two more sentences:

You seam to have bad luck with the process BEFORE sending (getting the wheel from factory, as these small sellers dont have much stock) and also a bit of bad luck AFTER the sending started. That all might be due to KS policies catching in...

when i see a ali order thread, its my first move to warn that the updates of the tracking codes will not be there or delayed and take a long time.

But again: I can only advise to give a bit more trust...the sending process lies in the hand of a third person, „sending provider“...and is not in the hands of green travelling. The pro-longing process of the buy is in your both interest, as otherwise ali will just cancle everything and you will have to start again, nobody wants that :-)

I am here scanning the forum since over 20months...It never was that someone received NO wheel...

Just say to yourself that you are saving a lot of money...and also: The Ks16s is definitely worth the wait ;-)

18 minutes ago, Mono said:

you are aware that the seller also doesn't see any of this money before you acknowledged to have received the wheel?

Yes @Mono, and I can certainly believe that it is the seller's interest too, that the wheel is delivered as soon as possible. Anyway, I did not arrange the shipment, nor do I know what's going on in the sales process on Aliexpress: I just paid for something I expected to arrive within 23 days and now it's gone 40. I think more clarity in the information, and less useless promises during the sale, would not create disappointments. At least I know exactly what I paid for (shipping is a part of the product).

@KingSong69I really like your optimism, which I consider "contagious" ;) My perplexities are especially tied to Kingsong's new strong sales policy regarding China's imports, and this linked to delays made me fear some trick. But if you tell that for your long experience the seller is trustworthy, the problem is not to wait a week longer ... even if autumn goes ahead, and Milan is not much hotter than the Ruhr... :)

My KS16s sale was sketchy as hell. I had trouble with Ali getting them to even run my credit card, so I contacted the seller directly, yep no protection, paid that bill over paypal so I was basically screwed should the seller bug out on whim.

Order took a week to fulfill, tracking number got stuck in purgatory along with my wheel, and 40 or so days later my beautiful new wheel showed up.

The seller tried several times to reassure me the wheel was shipping/had shipped, and I consistently responded, "doesn't matter" and "I don't care", and that the only thing I cared about was the wheel being in my color.

Take a chill pill, reboot five times, and call us back in a year if you haven't gotten your wheel yet.

1 hour ago, MaxMi said:

I really like your optimism, which I consider "contagious" ;) My perplexities are especially tied to Kingsong's new strong sales policy regarding China's imports, and this linked to delays made me fear some trick.

Just to be clear......this is no new situation. This „exclusive“ policy is existing since a very long time, the only difference is the force with which it was implemented....You can still buy a KS over ali if you want to. It is stupid from KS AND GW to believe that nowadays a policy like this will work.

Yes, your wait time, might be a result of this new enforcement...but what happened to you is really nothing special. Some delays before sending, some after...nothing new, really. This is China, but try to get some good out of that:

your wheel will be very fresh from the production line, you can see the production date on the rim and serialnumber! It will be not one of those where the import Re-Seller allready had that wheel lying a half year in storage, with battery not used :-)

I am not related to these ali Sellers...but i have a really good experience with them! Beeing somehow even more communicative then the „real dealers“ :-)  So, i guess we all have to wait a bit more. till the wheel is at your door, please report then!

I ordered a wheel about the same time as you from the same vendor (green & fashion...).  As people have noted I didn't see much tracking until it was in-country, and in my case both the international and the local shipping happened to be very fast (a nice surprise, and probably the luck of the draw).  Anyway, my experience was positive and very recent, so hopefully that gives you some re-assurance.  

Side note: getting set up to use a credit card on ali for the first time took a few days and was pretty invasive... still not sure how I feel about that.  :o

I know that I will receive the wheel eventually but so far I'm definitely not impressed with the way they handle shipping and especially communications to the customer about the shipping status.

Today, three weeks after the order status was changed to "the seller has shipped your order" I inquired about the shipping status and was told that the wheel is still in a Hong Kong warehouse awaiting shipment... I've been anxiously waiting every day for the courier just to find out that it's still in China! I don't know whether to laugh or cry. :blink:

22 hours ago, Flow said:

I know that I will receive the wheel eventually but so far I'm definitely not impressed with the way they handle shipping and especially communications to the customer about the shipping status.

That's how it works.

Can't have it all when saving hundreds of euros :) 

10 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

That's how it works.

Can't have it all when saving hundreds of euros :) 

this is true, but then the seller must be honest and not create unnecessary expectations. Also because we all know that our wheels become obsolete very quickly, and a month or two of delay in delivery affect their value. This, together with other considerations already mentioned in other threads, can guide the buyer to buy the wheel from the importer, even at a higher price, rather than by Ali.

1 hour ago, ir_fuel said:

Our wheels become obsolete very quickly? Isn't that a bit exaggerated? It's not a smartphone.

Don't forget these guys are Chinese and communicating in English is not always super easy for them.

Just see how many wheels each forum user has changed for the last two years...

The difficulty of communicating imho is not enough to apologize for the fact that you guarantee a delivery within 23 days, if then I should consider “normal” a longer period. Then do not guarantee it. But you know very well that if you promises a fast delivery, a buyer will buy his wheel more easily from you rather than from another shop. This with the knowledge of the language has nothing to do with.

However, let’s see how it will end, @KingSong69 has at least reassured me about the seller's reliability on the quality of the goods, which is the most important thing. When my wheel will be delivered, I will provide an overall feedback about this experience (one among many others on the forum) that may be useful ;)

27 minutes ago, MaxMi said:

Just see how many wheels each forum user has changed for the last two years...

That's not because the old ones are obsolete. It's because of GAS.

Look at the Inmotion V8. That wheel is still for sale and appeared when?

whatever the cause, the wheel over time loses appetite. And market value. I do not think anyone who bought a V8 (a wheel in some ways still unique) six months ago and today loses it, would buy the same wheel. But maybe I'm wrong ...

China had a general holiday at 1. - 8. of October. During that time the couriers are dead and silent, and I would guess they have quite a ramp up time dealing with all the shipments created during that time. It will easily add 10 days to your delivery. But it will surely arrive. And two days into riding your marvellous new wheel I’m pretty sure you have pretty much forgotten about the delay...

On 10/12/2017 at 10:07 AM, MaxMi said:

whatever the cause, the wheel over time loses appetite. And market value. I do not think anyone who bought a V8 (a wheel in some ways still unique) six months ago and today loses it, would buy the same wheel. But maybe I'm wrong ...

I believe I would as I wouldn't know any alternative. I want a slim 16" wheel with >13cm pedal clearance weighing under 15kg with trolley handle. These are somewhat non-negotiable and the V8 seems the only wheel satisfying more than one out of three. The kill switch and the ability to stand on the fenders are the icing on the cake.

...and finally...

TA-DAH!  :cheers:

20171019_101003_001.thumb.jpg.2442af90b710d3bc410be30a5f80df49.jpg

UPS tracking upgraded since Tuesday (Amsterdam), delivery this morning (Milan), very quick. So, I think that contrarily to what I had read, UPS updates tracking only after the goods have passed the customs, and not when they arrive at the dock (useful to know in advance, to avoid unnecessary anxieties, as I had...).

Anyway, it's 49 days after the order, and 42 after the goods was declared shipped, three buyer's protection extensions while the warranty was for a delivery within 23 days. Nearly respected term, but only from the date of actual shipment from China (date of creation of the UPS label, 25 days after the order). I'll advise the seller to clarify this aspect for the future, he will have to earn, customer and their future relationship too.

Perfect packaging to protect the goods, flawless wheel conditions, shame that misses the EU plug but it's not important at all. Birth date 17.09.08 :) (the day after the seller declared it was shipped... :rolleyes:). Now in charge, in a few days as promised I will leave a report of this shopping experience by Ali (about the wheel many  people has already written a lot), with all my considerations regarding it.

A short OT - just a question: I posted the same photo in the Italian group, and our official importer told that LG batteries are no longer in use by KS for at least a year and a half, assuming I have old batteries installed. Do you know anything about? But anyway, despite my anxiety, I do not care too much about it: today I'm so happy! 

Thank you so much to everybody, especially @KingSong69 who "convinced" me with rational arguments to wait :)

9 minutes ago, MaxMi said:

A short OT - just a question: I posted the same photo in the Italian group, and our official importer told that LG batteries are no longer in use by KS for at least a year and a half, assuming I have old batteries installed. Do you know anything about? But anyway, despite my anxiety, I do not care too much about it: today I'm so happy! 

Thank you so much to everybody, especially @KingSong69 who "convinced" me with rational arguments to wait :)

At first:

You dont have a "KSwheels" "chinastyle" sidepad, and so you even have got an "Export" Version....and this "LG" battery Thing is something where -some- of the resellers want to disgrace others from ordering a wheel in China. Kingsong always jumps between using LG cells and Sanyo cells, which have the same capacity, the same Quality, the same specs, blablablablabla........

So i would give nothing about this Nonsens....

Have fun with the wheel! :-)

5 hours ago, MaxMi said:

UPS tracking upgraded since Tuesday (Amsterdam), delivery this morning (Milan), very quick. So, I think that contrarily to what I had read, UPS updates tracking only after the goods have passed the customs, and not when they arrive at the dock (useful to know in advance, to avoid unnecessary anxieties, as I had...).

Anyway, it's 49 days after the order, and 42 after the goods was declared shipped, three buyer's protection extensions while the warranty was for a delivery within 23 days. Nearly respected term, but only from the date of actual shipment from China (date of creation of the UPS label, 25 days after the order). I'll advise the seller to clarify this aspect for the future, he will have to earn, customer and their future relationship too.

Thank you for your update, much appreciated, and congratulations on receiving your wheel! ^_^

I'm on my 25th day since declared shipped and you have given me hope of receiving it one day, happy rides @MaxMi!

Archived