New KingSong App for iOS... DO NOT UPDATE!

mrelwood

The completely new version of the smartphone app is now available also for iOS.

DO NOT UPDATE!

Again a reason why auto update apps should never be enabled. This app is so full of issues I can't believe they put it out. A few of the worst:

• Registering is not possible with a Finnish phone number.
  • Speed settings (amongst others) can't be accessed without registering and logging in.
  • A tab bar blocks the lowest row of functional buttons.
  • Some text, dialogue boxes and buttons are in Chinese only.

Dear KingSong, come on! WTF?!

7 hours ago, mrelwood said:

The completely new version of the smartphone app is now available also for iOS.

DO NOT UPDATE!

Again a reason why auto update apps should never be enabled. This app is so full of issues I can't believe they put it out. A few of the worst:

• Registering is not possible with a Finnish phone number.
  • Speed settings (amongst others) can't be accessed without registering and logging in.
  • A tab bar blocks the lowest row of functional buttons.
  • Some text, dialogue boxes and buttons are in Chinese only.

Dear KingSong, come on! WTF?!

• Try using an E-Mail adress in the phone number window! Perhaps only wrong translated, in the android app you dont Need phone number amd use email instead! The "verification" Code will be sent by email then!
  • Speed Settings and others - Yes, as on this new app you must unlock again, and for that Registration is needed(but no Speed unlock code anymore if you registered fine)
  • i dont have that tab bar?

3 hours ago, KingSong69 said:
  • Try using an E-Mail adress in the phone number window! Perhaps only wrong translated, in the android app you dont Need phone number amd use email instead! The "verification" Code will be sent by email then!
  • Speed Settings and others - Yes, as on this new app you must unlock again, and for that Registration is needed(but no Speed unlock code anymore if you registered fine)
  • i dont have that tab bar?

The "Phone" field can only fit 11 characters, so even my shortest email address doesn't fit.

I only updated to this new app on my iPad, exactly for situations like this. The iPhones since iPhone 5 all have a taller aspect ratio, so it might be that the app shows okay on those. Perhaps "page bar" is a better term? This is how it looks:

IMG_0923.thumb.PNG.030395c46fa92dffe579b2ff5bc6138c.PNG

33 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

The "Phone" field can only fit 11 characters, so even my shortest email address doesn't fit.

I only updated to this new app on my iPad, exactly for situations like this. The iPhones since iPhone 5 all have a taller aspect ratio, so it might be that the app shows okay on those. Perhaps "page bar" is a better term? This is how it looks:

Nope, on my Iphone 5SE this looks ok...nothing in the way.

Havent tested the register/mechanism until now, as i am allready registered on the android new version...

Must try tomorrow!

The app does not work for IOS because you have to register. However you cant register because you need some code sent to you by phone or email. NEITHER WORK. No code is sent by email or phone so the app is useless. Why did they make it so you have to register! worst, if I can't adjust the wheel the thing is useless, im thinking about returning the wheel.

4 minutes ago, arg said:

The app does not work for IOS because you have to register. However you cant register because you need some code sent to you by phone or email. NEITHER WORK. No code is sent by email or phone so the app is useless. Why did they make it so you have to register! worst, if I can't adjust the wheel the thing is useless, im thinking about returning the wheel.

Use an app like Darkness Bot ....you can adjust pretty much anything on it. Or a friends android for one time adjustment.

Holy Moly,

really, with this „phone“ registration Kingsong shoot themself in the foot! What a pain!

On the android version they used Email registration, which works ok, and when you registered you dont have to handle with speed unlocking anymore. So that was kind of Ok!

I dont get it how something like this phone registration thing not working lands in the app shop...and not as seperate version so that you can have the old green app in case of a fault, Nope, they have done it as an upgrade, so that every only apple user is f##ked up.

@Diana@szkingsong.com @Flora Yuan @DarrenWhats that please? This app does not work at all as the registering process is defect!???

1 hour ago, arg said:

19 hours ago, mrelwood said:

@mrelwood

under the last column when registering there is a text saying“mail registration“...click that...and it switches to email registration....and do not use a gmail address when trying

28 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Tried that, still doesnt work on ios. Tried three different emails with ios. The wheel is awesome, but I'll have to find an android phone I think.

@mrelwood

under the last column when registering there is a text saying“mail registration“...click that...and it switches to email registration....and do not use a gmail address when trying

2 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

@mrelwood

No such thing here. When tapping ”Sign” at the ”My” page (?!), this comes up:

B79F0CC1-037F-4BCB-857F-A6BE6FA6E4EB.thumb.png.d4fee0099cff333f5df2af73cc5f25ad.png

This is the registering page I get to by first tapping ”Click login”, then ”Register”. No email option here, unless it’s the Chinese text :huh::

9FFD9B1B-1AFB-4FA4-B0FD-8D8E27739188.thumb.png.d341e9a18feb97550b59bbc9a59b129f.png

Edit: KS is crazy putting this out, yes, but I can’t believe it got approved in the App Store. I haven’t seen a crapmess of an app like this on any platform, at any beta stage. This is so opposite from my idea of KingSong as a company.

@mrelwood

You have to „clap“ down you keyboard to see the button to change to mail registration:

See here:

cz9FWNK.png

After clicking the „mail registration“ it looks like that:

uyEbd1s.png

So perhaps try that......or maybe its because you are on an ipad...

I have used my login which i have from the android app...now the IOS app works fine.

But i dont know if the mail registration works.....

14 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Edit: KS is crazy putting this out, yes, but I can’t believe it got approved in the App Store. I haven’t seen a crapmess of an app like this on any platform, at any beta stage. This is so opposite from my idea of KingSong as a company.

Sorry, i dont think it is fair to install it on an ipad....and its not working.

After i am locked in it works quite fine.....

2 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

Sorry, i dont think it is fair to install it on an ipad....and its not working.

The issues are not iPad specific. Szkingsong.com says it's "compatible with iOS". Yet registering doesn't work on an iPhone, app is an English-Chinese hybrid, has "lovelynotices", doesn't show the relevant buttons and fields even on all iPhones. I would be extremely pissed had I updated the app on my phone. No matter how you look at it, the app is not nearly ready for public. Especially as an automatic update.

38 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

The issues are not iPad specific. Szkingsong.com says it's "compatible with iOS". Yet registering doesn't work on an iPhone, app is an English-Chinese hybrid, has "lovelynotices", doesn't show the relevant buttons and fields even on all iPhones. I would be extremely pissed had I updated the app on my phone. No matter how you look at it, the app is not nearly ready for public. Especially as an automatic update.

I am totally with you that it is nonsense to publish the app as an upgrade!

Nonetheless. beside the registration process, for me it is working fine.

And on my phone, it is showing all button and fields....As you can see in the screenshots, which are from an iphone, and not from an ipad.

I have struggled myself to get it working...but now, as it does, it works not that bad....

Only crashed once, when i wanted to show one of my routes on map...all other functions, fine!

I also select the email option in the new King Song app to register and I’m never emailed a verification code to register. 

Do you have to be connected to your EUC during this registration process?

I’ve tried to register when connected to my KS18 AY and when not connected to it.  Can’t seem to email register either way. 

On 10/11/2017 at 3:16 PM, KingSong69 said:

I am totally with you that it is nonsense to publish the app as an upgrade!

Nonetheless. beside the registration process, for me it is working fine.

And on my phone, it is showing all button and fields....As you can see in the screenshots, which are from an iphone, and not from an ipad.

I have struggled myself to get it working...but now, as it does, it works not that bad....

Only crashed once, when i wanted to show one of my routes on map...all other functions, fine!

Thanks for helping us out.  The app is a mess though. All buttons are in Chinese, there is no language option, no Imperial System switch, it’s not intuitive. 

So, someone above said that there is no more speed lock? Does that mean I can do 30 mph now?

20 minutes ago, GoinPostal said:

So, someone above said that there is no more speed lock? Does that mean I can do 30 mph now?

The way I understand it is that if you register with the new app, you no longer have the beginners' 20km/h limit and can set the tiltback ("ollie") to the device maximum right away. So 30km/h for 14S, 35km/h for 16S etc.

2 hours ago, GoinPostal said:

For The 30mph/50kmh unlock for 18S it is still needed to fullfill 1000km!

22 hours ago, abinder3 said:

I also select the email option in the new King Song app to register and I’m never emailed a verification code to register. 

Do you have to be connected to your EUC during this registration process?

I’ve tried to register when connected to my KS18 AY and when not connected to it.  Can’t seem to email register either way. 

look in your spam folders! And do not use a gmail account....

15 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

Note that you have to be registered and logged in to change app language. :blink1:

I think my app is already in English, but there are texts that have not been translated.

3 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

None of the Distributors were advised that this was going to get pushed through. Until the significant 'bugs' are worked out, it needs to be reverted back to the previous version. 

How can we do that with iPhone?

Archived