18L Group Buy?

mezzanine

7 hours ago, nute said:

Once they are in Europe there is no further tax to pay, you can shuffle them about within the EU with just the shipping cost.

Yes I know that. That's why I said European country to another country, ie. a Non-EU country. So all of the people here in America at least need to factor that in. 

• Like 1

please add me to the list too!

On 06/10/2017 at 7:04 PM, Jason McNeil said:

So much for pre-release secrecy:innocent1: Isn't it great that suppliers continue to use the 10Wh/km estimates? Is this a non-loaded Wheel on treadmill at 10kph?!

• Like 1

I'm interested in the group buy, but a bit worried about the individual shipping. An individual person can not ship large li-ion batteries from Finland without some special documents, and a horrific shipping fee. All these things must be investigated beforehand.

i might be able to help @mrelwood , as i was also thinking of visiting germany to pick up mine, if lets say raadwrkstahd will take the shipment, then i would suggest the possibility to import for you as i commute to finland semi often to visit my parents, i would come by car all the way to finland, lets keep the possibility open, and see how this plans out

Edited by RobValley

Rob, that would be amazing! Very kind of you. I hope all this will pan out, although I would like to see a few proper in-depth reviews before committing to buy.

Edited by mrelwood

No worries, i love helping out, its kind of my job.

BTW you should know the feeling last time i got off the sweden boat was priceless, waiting at the gate with all the tourists, then when they opened the gates, i took a few steps to go around the first corner, and see a few kilometers of tube we need to get throught to get to land, hopped on my wheel and zoomed away, last i saw from all stressed tourists :) had to slow down when i got to customs though, they might have tought i was trying to zoom something through ;)

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, RobValley said:

a few kilometers of tube we need to get throught to get to land, hopped on my wheel and zoomed away, last i saw from all stressed tourists :)

Ha! I'm sure the enviness of others made them talk bad of you using a device like that indoors. But what a great example of the EUC being practical in a surprising situation!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6.10.2017 at 8:20 AM, meepmeepmayer said:

Definitely interested. Not sure if I'll buy one yet, depends on the price and what my wallet says, and whether they'll offer 1680Wh in the first place.

Same for me, I'm pretty interested if the major conditions are met. 

• 2 weeks later...

We need a KS-18L that is a combination of KS-16 and KS-18. KS-18L handle should be modified so that it can be used as a trolley handle and also it can become an adjustable seat that you can adjust its height depending on height of riders. Let's suggest this to KingSong before they are set on producing based on the current KS-18L prototype.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I am interested as well, depends on the price of course.

If ordering directly from Kingsong we might be able to order the devices not fully assembled and get all devices sent as diy kit's. (pedals disassembled should be enough)

In austria this would mean, no extra import customs. Just 20% regular value-added taxes.

By the way I would buy a KS16S instead of the 18L, just because its cheaper and I don't need the speed or battery power.

I am very interested in KS18L, mainly for moding, add extra battery and seat cushion on the top, a la 18S.

Is it any member out there who are willing to organize group buy of 10 pcs KS16/18 from Kingsong?

Count me in!

• 2 years later...
On 10/6/2017 at 11:57 AM, Marty Backe said:

I was very interested in the KS18L until I started hearing the rumors of a small battery :( I won't be buying an 18 inch wheel that only has a ~1000wh battery

I bought the 18L and I'm very happy with the 1000wh battery because I'm 58 and not interested in speed, but am interested in range. I can ride 40 miles on a charge which is an afternoon.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2020 at 6:24 PM, Timrambo said:

I bought the 18L and I'm very happy with the 1000wh battery because I'm 58 and not interested in speed, but am interested in range. I can ride 40 miles on a charge which is an afternoon.

I'm happy for you. Everyone is different. Based on the range that you are getting you must not weigh much which really opens up lots of EUC options.

I wasn't too happy with KS18L 1000wh battery, mainly not enough range. So I have upgrade mine to 1500wh. Now I am happy as a goose getting 80 miles on a charge, a 160 lb guy. Upgrade was simply DIY. Highly recommended, call Jason, ewheels for upgrade kit!