18L Group Buy?

mezzanine

There may still be the possibility of organizing a group buy.  We'd be looking at a different source than I originally thought for the wheels.  I won't know if it's possible until we get closer to the release, but as soon as we get pricing information I will do some information gathering on logistics and post an update.  There's the possibility of opening the group buy to also include the french forum if a larger order offers proportionately greater discount. 

40 minutes ago, mezzanine said:

There may still be the possibility of organizing a group buy.  We'd be looking at a different source than I originally thought for the wheels.  I won't know if it's possible until we get closer to the release, but as soon as we get pricing information I will do some information gathering on logistics and post an update.  There's the possibility of opening the group buy to also include the french forum if a larger order offers proportionately greater discount. 

Take me into the interest list...

While don't Forget my warnings over Transport costs etc....

Perhaps you want to PM me about some ideas, i might perhaps help a bit.

2 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

Take me into the interest list...

Perhaps you want to PM me about some ideas, i might perhaps help a bit.

I'm still in: IF a 1600wh version is released!!??

43 minutes ago, Rudy Sijnke said:

I'm still in: IF a 1600wh version is released!!??

The Info is from Thomas Hoon, who was at the factory and is the MAIN reseller for asia...he knows what he is talking about.

So there will be a 1600wh version :-)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Newbie. First, congrats on your forum--informative, civil, enthusiastic, international, occasionally snarky yet respectful. Pretty great. I've been absorbing for days and hugely appreciate all contributors' knowledge and generosity in sharing.

My first wheel arrives Tuesday, KS-16S in matte black, ordered from Jason who is an amazing resource and stand-up guy for the curious newb. My desire wandered over days of research from Segway/Ninebot One 1S (wicked smaht MIT dudes and gals up there in NH, gotta have the best design and control system, right?) to Monster (big wheel best for cruise and light trails, learn on the best of breed and save upgrade buys). I was influenced by reports of various quality issues and, yes, King Song has made some appealing marketing efforts such as video of final QA factory ride, up and down that ramp, nice! Final decision--16" will work fine to learn, won't have an immediate speed limit as I progress since 18-22mph seems comfortable cruise for many riders posting vids.

Have a while to wait for new models before I get my final 18. I do note that big batteries are heavy, and must have cube to enclose them. Too wide is a problem. 18S is on top making a tall egg. The 18L (for low, I imagine) can't put them on top, can't put them to the sides, where would they go?

Finally, regarding group buy, the mark-up now is not much more than 100% wholesale-to-retail as best I can see at one major US retail source. Some of that of course is inventory and warehouse and salary and marketing and general business overhead expense and profit that a group buy would not incur. But it also includes a great warranty with US service, US point of contact, US parts depot, vast knowledge base and expertise of retailer, customs and duties, shipping, insurance, foreign factory liaison and language assurance, extras... Whoever organizes a direct buy with many subs is gonna be doing a ton of work and spending some bucks up front, for free? I dunno, in my opinion, prices are high, yes, but fair with good value.

Support your favorite store, you want them to stay in business and prosper, when they are healthy they can only help the community in so many ways. Ifever Bain or Blackstone poisons the gig, yeah, screw 'em, I'm with you and a direct buyers' club.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, unitron said:

Finally, regarding group buy, the mark-up now is not much more than 100% wholesale-to-retail as best I can see at one major US retail source. Some of that of course is inventory and warehouse and salary and marketing and general business overhead expense and profit that a group buy would not incur. But it also includes a great warranty with US service, US point of contact, US parts depot, vast knowledge base and expertise of retailer, customs and duties, shipping, insurance, foreign factory liaison and language assurance, extras... Whoever organizes a direct buy with many subs is gonna be doing a ton of work and spending some bucks up front, for free? I dunno, in my opinion, prices are high, yes, but fair with good value.

Support your favorite store, you want them to stay in business and prosper, when they are healthy they can only help the community in so many ways. Ifever Bain or Blackstone poisons the gig, yeah, scre

First: Welcome to the Forum!

i dont know how much threads you absorbed...but nobody here is complaining about ewheels.com prices...

It are more the european prices that people make such an effort to group buy or go the aliexpress way...

Example?

A Ks18S which you can get on ewheel i think for 2000 bucks (1680wh)...is here in europe from 2600-2850dollar...while you can get it on aliexpress for about 1600 dollar(to your door!) So maybe that gives you a better understanding why some are trying to buy on ali...or organize a group buy....

• Like 2

Okay guys, I've been chatting with KS69 and it looks like this is going to happen.  It will depend on what sort of price break we can get over ordering individual units, but I'm optimistic it will be worth it. 

We're going to start a list to be able to better keep track of who is seriously interested in joining the group buy. 

Edited by mezzanine
keeping it to PM
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

What would also be good to know is the price in the first place:efeebb3acc:

Yes, but we can probably predict with some confidence that it will be in the $1700 US range for the larger battery option.  I'm more curious about the % discount per unit by purchasing as a group.  My optimistic scenario is that we can knock it down to $1500.  But if we were only able to save $100 each, then it starts to become of debatable worth. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

What would also be good to know is the price in the first place:efeebb3acc:

To be clear:

In the moment nothing is for sure!

There is no secure release date, there are no prices available!

We first want to collect REAL interested people, to get a number to ask for a price!

So dont exspect a price very soon...as we are a bit to early at the time!

Production should start November/december.....as soon as a pre-order price is available...we will communicate that!

This here will go over into group conversation by PM at a certain time!!!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

Exactly. Not only do you have to figure in the cost of shipping/import/taxes from China into your European country, but also the shipping/import/tax from your European country to another country. It's going to get really expensive real quick.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

To be clear:

In the moment nothing is for sure!

There is no secure release date, there are no prices available!

We first want to collect REAL interested people, to get a number to ask for a price!

So dont exspect a price very soon...as we are a bit to early at the time!

Production should start November/december.....as soon as a pre-order price is available...we will communicate that!

This here will go over into group conversation by PM at a certain time!!!

Great - add me to the list please and thanks for coordinating.

8 hours ago, Michael Vu said:

Exactly. Not only do you have to figure in the cost of shipping/import/taxes from China into your European country, but also the shipping/import/tax from your European country to another country. It's going to get really expensive real quick.

Once they are in Europe there is no further tax to pay, you can shuffle them about within the EU with just the shipping cost.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, nute said:

Once they are in Europe there is no further tax to pay, you can shuffle them about within the EU with just the shipping cost.

Maybe just the VAT could pose some problem - hopefully it stays below the declaration threshold for one time "business" for private persons... ... Or can be ignored without too much risk to be caught by the tax authorities ?

Count me in.

If there's a private party for a KS18L group buy, I want to be part of it. Just worried about shipping details, responsibility, etc. but if we got enough guys, this can be a nice opportunity.

1600wh obv choice, gotta feed the little beast.

16 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

That's the philosophy, so +1 with me to the current count.

Did I say I wish to be part of the Group Buy ? I think i did no ? :D

16 hours ago, nute said:

Pls add me to the list.

• Upvote 1