18L Group Buy?

mezzanine

Don't know how much interest there would be in something like this, but I was curious enough to want to ask.  It came up in another thread that buying 10 wheels directly from King Song provides a substantial discount.  $660 US for the 840wh KS16S if bought 10 at a time.  I'm confident each person could specify the colour/battery capacity of their choosing.  I believe some of our Russian friends did a group buy from Inmotion for the first V8s off the production line around this time a year ago. 

Assuming there isn't enough interest to get 10 orders for the 18L, I really think this might be the way to go for the Ninebot Z series, assuming Ninebot would offer a similar price break on a pre-order group buy. 

Edited by mezzanine
  • Upvote 1

It may boil down to the % discount we could get and whether the shipping could be arranged without too many headaches, given the logistical issues of getting people their individual wheels from a group buy.  On the issue of % discount, I mention it because I noticed the price on the 16S is a lot better than the one on the 18S.  It would only make sense if we could get the 18L for a similar discount.  My hope is that a pre-order would increase our possible discount. 

Honestly, just the 16S for $660 US for the 840wh is very tempting to me in itself, but I doubt there's enough hype around it to get enough people together. 

Edited by mezzanine
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, radial said:

I'm interested in the KS 18L.  Not necessarily committed to buying it, but open to the possibility if the price is right.  

Yeah, that's all this is for me, too.  All comes down to the price and logistics.  If it's possible to get the 18L at a similar % discount as the 16S (as opposed to the 18S), I'm in. 

I'd want to see if a few more people were interested before making any inquiries.    

5 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

Attention, just a hint...:

If you buy 10 Units directly from Kingsong you have to exspect custom and taxes on top, which are for Europe at about 25% for this goods....Also i would guess this price is without Transportation fees.

So buying from KS directly you -might- end up with a higher Price than buying from aliexpress where Transport/custom/taxes/fees are included to the buyers door. Also: This buy will only happen, if the one who orders is in a Country without "exclusive" KS Reseller. This also means the wheels will only be sent to THIS one Country, and from there you/the organizer will have to ship to the other Group members. When KS ever gets to know that some of the wheels are for People sitting in "exclusive" seller Country, i would guess they will not do this anyway, as they try to protect their exclusive Sellers. Thats One of the reason why you do not find KS wheels anymore on aliexpress.

And for a Ninebot "Group Buy": This will never ever happen.....ninebot is only selling to the registered Segway/Ninebot re-sellers...That's why you also find none (or only a very few) on aliexpress.

I knew it was a long shot.  Saw the wholesale price on the 16S and couldn't help but wonder.  Oh well.  I have a feeling I may not be buying another wheel for a long while.  :(

38 minutes ago, Rudy Sijnke said:

another potential KS18L buyer here! If the specs and price us quite interesting, that is...

I was very interested in the KS18L until I started hearing the rumors of a small battery :( I won't be buying an 18 inch wheel that only has a ~1000wh battery

• Upvote 2

Personally, I like the idea of a compact 84v 18" wheel with reasonable range that doesn't cause a hernia to carry it up some stairs or an engine hoist to load it in a car. Sure it would be nice for them to offer larger batteries in this form factor but it would require another shell to fit it in (wider????) or the 1000Wh version would be unnecessarily large for no reason. It would also displace the 18S which, to my knowledge, does a great job of chewing up the miles (seat anyone) that its larger battery provides.

Edited by WARPed1701D
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

Personally, I like the idea of a compact 84v 18" wheel with reasonable range that doesn't cause a hernia to carry it up some stairs or an engine hoist to load it in a car. Sure it would be nice for them to offer larger batteries in this form factor but it would require another shell to fit it in (wider????) or the 1000Wh version would be unnecessarily large for no reason. It would also displace the 18S which, to my knowledge, does a great job of chewing up the miles (seat anyone) that its larger battery provides.

The MSuper is a comfortable wheel that manages to provide 1600wh capacity.

What had many people excited about the 18L is the form factor. We wanted a KingSong 18 inch wheel which didn't feel like you were riding a horse (the tall shell). I know, I know, everyone manages to adjust to it. But lets face it, the 18S is more of acquired taste versus other wheels.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

Yes, the more compact design of the 18L is what attracted me to it in the first place.  The form factor of the 18L is how I imagine an Inmotion 18" wheel would look.  1000wh is perfect for my usage. 

• Like 1

On 06/10/2017 at 6:38 PM, Marty Backe said:

The MSuper is a comfortable wheel that manages to provide 1600wh capacity.

What had many people excited about the 18L is the form factor. We wanted a KingSong 18 inch wheel which didn't feel like you were riding a horse (the tall shell). I know, I know, everyone manages to adjust to it. But lets face it, the 18S is more of acquired taste versus other wheels.

Lololololol... I love my "horse"!!! ;);) 

I call my KS 18S my CALF... ehehehehehe

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mrd777 said:

Back to the subject, yes I’m IN if someone can organize.

Unfortunately, my initial assumption was that most companies would WANT to facilitate this kind of deal for an enthusiast community so critical to the development of the market.  It would be smart PR and generate a lot of brand interest online. 

The only other alternative I could think of would be to engage Rockwheel guy on Ali or Green Travel shop to see about organizing something through them.  I have my doubts about getting a group buy discount anywhere close to the wholesaler price that sparked the initial idea.