KS16 Bricked

Henrik Olsen

I think I recall some people mentioning that they had issues with applying new firmware to their KS wheels, but I think they try to repeat the process which was successful.  Have you tried checking with KingSong @Diana@szkingsong.com?  I can't remember if it was related to the phone they used (Android or Apple) or maybe the app version...  Was it @Asylsteirer?  I can't recall...

Kingsong 69 mention something about NOT upgrading the IOS version off the ipone.

Becauce there was something not going  well after the upgrading.

But there where other that had no problem with the update.....     .

If you upgrade to Apple iOS 11 it has major problems where even the iPhone gets bricked. Funny thing is Apple recognized the problem and rushed out iOS 11.0.1 as a fix, but now it has started causing more problems than it is fixes. As @steve454 mentioned try updating your KS with an android app.

@Marty Backe is right! Stick with an android phone for updating your wheels. 

Edit: I just updated to 11.0.2 . Apple made me do it! :crying: Maybe when 15.0.3 rolls around we'll begin feeling comfortable using the iphones for updating our wheels.

18 hours ago, Henrik Olsen said:

This was done with the latest version of the app on Android (Samsung s8+) 

I have contacted KingSong but no reply yet. I wrote Darren, but du not have the contact info for Diana 

Diana@szkingsong  is in Diana's profile, is that the same contact info for Darren?

On 4.10.2017 at 9:24 PM, Henrik Olsen said:

Anyone know what to do about this?

It's a firmware update that has gone wrong and now the wheel is bricked

Repeat the firmware update with the “new beta” anroid KS app. (not the black/green wallpaper one! The very new in white, orange).

On this new app a failed firmware update can be repeated as often as you want.....and there is no need for special services anymore!

btw: this has nothing to do with IOS 11...there are only some general bluetooth connection problems.

@Henrik Olsen

Yes...i know that...the serialnumber is not "installed"...

You are a Re-Seller: So you should own the internal Kingsong "engineer" app. With this chinese app (and an english instruction) you are able to "Programm/install" the serialnumber to the board.... (With this special app you can also repair/install Firmware after a Firmware fail)

If you dont have this Special app....ask Kingsong(Diana@szkingsong.com or Flora@szkingsong.com)for it....or in worst case me ;-)

Btw: It are chinese holiday's from 1th to 7th October...nobody is working over there...

45 minutes ago, Henrik Olsen said:

@KingSong69 we do have the Kingsong "engineer" app, but the problems is we never got the English instruction

Ohh, that makes sense why they don't reply

Send me your E-Mail adress by PM...i send you instructions for Firmware and Serialnumber Setting...

Archived