GOTWAY MTen3: Teardown Video

7 hours ago, houseofjob said:

Hey, thanks for the video. It's great to see a tear down video. Look like it will be easy to swap out a different tire, although now I'm thinking there might not me any room for a tire that has beefier tread. Do you agree.

BTW, I tried with different computers, but the video did not have any sound. Looked like you were talking and perhaps explaining why you were taking the wheel apart. Is it just me and my computers or did anyone else have difficulty hearing anything?

13 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Is it just me and my computers or did anyone else have difficulty hearing anything?

No sound here either.

Looks like a video posted by someone else, I watched it on you tube also and looks like someone named JBtube posted it.

On 10/1/2017 at 5:41 PM, Marty Backe said:

Look like it will be easy to swap out a different tire, although now I'm thinking there might not me any room for a tire that has beefier tread. Do you agree.

If you look at the MTen3 stock tire specification (70/65-6.5 / 10"x3.00"-6.5), it is identical to the specs of a Ninebot/Segway Mini Pro or XiaoMi Mini (along with the tread pattern), 

.... so I've ordered this alternative, more even patterned tread Mini Pro replacement tire off AliExpress (2nd option: Type II) and will report back when I get shipment and can replace + test.

They also sell 20mm wider, offroad & even tread Mini Pro replacement tires, but unfortunately, the MTen3 tire opening will not accommodate such a width.

Also, for good measure (and because I had a brain fart, didn't initially look at the MTen3 stock tire markings), I also bought a slightly thinner 10" x 2.5" CST tire that is meant for a MiniMotors Speedway e-kickboard scooter, which should also fit, and is actually meant to ride alone in plane, not in tandem parallel to a second adjacent wheel, so we'll see which fairs better.

On 10/1/2017 at 5:41 PM, Marty Backe said:

BTW, I tried with different computers, but the video did not have any sound. Looked like you were talking and perhaps explaining why you were taking the wheel apart. Is it just me and my computers or did anyone else have difficulty hearing anything?

This is not my vid.

This (judging from the background, along with similar backgrounds from other Chinese recent Tesla/MTen3 vids) looks to be ripped from a Green Fashion Travel store Youku vid (educated guess).

They probably removed the audio due to a copyright marked music bed. Anyways, the talking would've been in Mandarin.

30 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Look like it will be easy to swap out a different tire, although now I'm thinking there might not me any room for a tire that has beefier tread

There are tire regrooving and siping tools that can add grooves.  I've read that a table circular saw, set at the same depth as the original grooves, can be used to add more grooves.

Might be fun to add a lot of criss cross grooves or straight across grooves and see if more traction can be had before swapping the tire.:ph34r:

40 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

If you look at the MTen3 stock tire specification (70/65-6.5 / 10"x3.00"-6.5), it is identical to the specs of a Ninebot/Segway Mini Pro or XiaoMi Mini (along with the tread pattern), 

.... so I've ordered this alternative, more even patterned tread Mini Pro replacement tire off AliExpress (2nd option: Type II) and will report back when I get shipment and can replace + test.

They also sell 20mm wider, offroad & even tread Mini Pro replacement tires, but unfortunately, the MTen3 tire opening will not accommodate such a width.

Also, for good measure (and because I had a brain fart, didn't initially look at the MTen3 stock tire markings), I also bought a slightly thinner 10" x 2.5" CST tire that is meant for a MiniMotors Speedway e-kickboard scooter, which should also fit, and is actually meant to ride alone in plane, not in tandem parallel to a second adjacent wheel, so we'll see which fairs better.

This is not my vid.

This (judging from the background, along with similar backgrounds from other Chinese recent Tesla/MTen3 vids) looks to be ripped from a Green Fashion Travel store Youku vid (educated guess).

They probably removed the audio due to a copyright marked music bed. Anyways, the talking would've been in Mandarin.

Thanks. I thought it was your video, and was sad that I was missing some great dialog :)

Yes, please let us know how the tire replacement goes. I've seen some 3x10 tires that have aggressive tread. The distance between the existing tire and wheel well is pretty tight so I don't know if they would fit.

17 minutes ago, steve454 said:

There are tire regrooving and siping tools that can add grooves.  I've read that a table circular saw, set at the same depth as the original grooves, can be used to add more grooves.

Might be fun to add a lot of criss cross grooves or straight across grooves and see if more traction can be had before swapping the tire.:ph34r:

I'm not yet prepared to start carving up my tire :cry2:

15 hours ago, houseofjob said:

Lol, there is a clue in the comment of the video :

"Vidéo de Chine retaillée pour téléphone au cas où..."  

means

"video from China cut for phone use just in case..."

Archived