Means of beep when you go up climbs

2 minutes ago, Francesco Finqui Tuttobene said:

I heard beep when I go up steep climbs.

do you know the mean of beep in order to complete the climb safety?

is there a protect beep in order to stop my climb before to have a cut off?

Depends on your wheel. For differend brands there are different „beep codes“.

going uphill the beep could be a warning for overcurrent, overtemperature, overpower or undervoltage (or quite any combination).

depending in your wheels firmware this already could be a warning of an upcomming cut—off.

unfortionately i am not too much into the different beep warnings, but here where some tables posted and for sure quite some members around with detailed knowledge.

3 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

@Scatcat should be able to answer that :-) ....but i guess it is an overload warning.

You're probably going above 60-70% power (not sure of the exact number). Push less, or if you go above 80% you will find out exactly how it feels to get a tilt-back going uphill :D

Slaloming up may be an alternative if you feel you can't accept going slower. You can also look at the app, to make sure you're not pushing the temperatures to critical levels, but unless you've gone uphills for quite a while, that is less likely than just a power-alarm.

I sometimes get those beeps, since I have a tendency to go fast uphill, usually just letting up a little bit is enough to stop it. You can get a single short beep, which is just a tap on the shoulder. Two fast beeps, which means you're close to tilt-back, or tilt-back if you're persistent.

I doubt though that even a tilt-back would be catastrophic, since the GT16 tilt-back is not the violent kind. But I think it would be enough to send butterflies through the hardiest stomach... :roflmao:

Many thanks.

i checked the beep with darknessbot app and it means that the power was around 3000w.

today happens a strange thing:

I was going slowly about 12kph and I changed by Rockwheel app from walking to playing mode while I drove it and the wheel spin forward in a strange way with a noise and obviously I have been poped out.

maybe is it not possible change the mode while you are running?

I was really surprise of the wheel reaction 

I understood what happened.

when I changed mode, the mudguard went into the chase and the wheel had an unusual movement.

that have broken the chase attachment of trolley and I lost the mudguard :(

Many thanks.

i checked the beep with darknessbot app and it means that the power was around 3000w.

today happens a strange thing:

I was going slowly about 12kph and I changed by Rockwheel app from walking to playing mode while I drove it and the wheel spin forward in a strange way with a noise and obviously I have been poped out.

maybe is it not possible change the mode while you are running?

I was really surprise of the wheel reaction 

You can change wile running, I do it all the time. It may do a little jitter as the power-curve changes. My guess is your mud guard was almost touching the wheel, and the jitter caught it and smashed into the case. I make sure my has some margin, not extending it fully, since the margin becomes too small. To be frank the small tolerance between mud-guard and tyre is one of the week design points. It's better in V2, but still not perfect.

But how in all that is holy did you manage to break the trolley attachment??? You must have had a ton of bad luck.

Are the holes where you attach the trolley damaged? Otherwise you can just reattach it. A new trolley is not that expensive if it broke. And a new mud-guard is not that expensive either.

Talk to Yi Chen at Rockwheel Store, and he can fix you up with replacements.

It is confirmed. It has been mudguard. But better than a problem in the controller.

anyway I found the mudguard and fitted it again - hope well!

I moved the trolley forward  side of RW before finding a way to fix the cracks that I have back. I am looking for a strong stick - here pics of damaged:(

do you know which bumper can I use to preserve my wheel?!

AB7C399C-D0B3-49A3-835F-B168CA0EF317.jpeg

15964B95-AACF-4D48-9A50-8216CD087489.jpeg

4 hours ago, Francesco Finqui Tuttobene said:

It is confirmed. It has been mudguard. But better than a problem in the controller.

anyway I found the mudguard and fitted it again - hope well!

I moved the trolley forward  side of RW before finding a way to fix the cracks that I have back. I am looking for a strong stick - here pics of damaged:(

do you know which bumper can I use to preserve my wheel?!

AB7C399C-D0B3-49A3-835F-B168CA0EF317.jpeg

15964B95-AACF-4D48-9A50-8216CD087489.jpeg

Damn, the mud-guard must really have SMASHED into the case! I've had the whole EUC land on the trolley, and the only result was a broken trolley.

I am afraid that I know of no perfect glue for the shell material, the closest I've found to a working solution are two component glue. Maybe plastic padding would be even better, to make the joint stiffer. Also, those cracks are the reason why you want small "fragile" screws holding the trolley. If the shit hits the fan, it is far better that the screws break than the shell...

Black paint should be no problem to find. There are a million RC-shops that carry paint for PC-type materials. Why not ask them about an ideal glue at the same time? They crash their RC-cars all the time, so they should know.

A new shell costs about $160 at https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Rockwheel-GT16-shell-parts-accessories-Pedal-accessories-other-parts/1748730_32809841105.html

That is, if nothing else works.

On 30/09/2017 at 10:30 AM, Francesco Finqui Tuttobene said:

I heard beep when I go up steep climbs.

do you know the mean of beep in order to complete the climb safety?

is there a protect beep in order to stop my climb before to have a cut off?

Beeps are pretty invariably telling you to slow down to a speed where you do not hear them anymore. A safe speed can only be a speed where you do not hear any beeps.

Archived