Anyone in Richmond VA or VA Beach?

Barrett Roberts

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 1/3/2021 at 10:00 AM, Griffin said:

I am in the Roanoke VA area but sometimes makes trips up to Richmond for work.   I would love to see some sort of group rides develop in Richmond I could come tag along on.

Hey man I’m in Blacksburg VA. What wheel do you ride up in roa?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

In Hampton, VA here.   It's an EASY commute to ride anywhere from Va Beach to Williamsburg.    Would be willing to make a trip (slightly over an hour) up to Richmond for a ride.   But i'm a newbie at this - so i'm not yet up to long distances (or might just need a few short walk breaks for feet) lol.

I got my son (19) a V10F for Xmas and my daughter (almost 16) a one-wheel (she is tearing it up).  I've been learning to ride the euc as well.  Now that I can actually balance and stay up on it a bit, i'm thinking about buying one for myself as well.    I'm trying to decide between the V10F (which I like) or the KS 16X for the stronger motor since i'm about 220lbs.

I'm still dealing with feet hurting while riding, but i've read that might go away with time, moving my feet forward more and I wear New Balance cross trainers - which are great for everyday - but might need something more cushiony as well.  I was reading threads on the feet issue when I came across this thread.

Eventually i think it would be fun to make a day trip once a month on the weekend and go to different parks across the state and do group rides.    I prefer off-road (dirt trails) like you find in parks.  My son prefers roads.  Up for anything. 

• Like 2

On 2/6/2021 at 8:52 PM, Sgt York said:

I'm still dealing with feet hurting while riding, but i've read that might go away with time, moving my feet forward more and I wear New Balance cross trainers - which are great for everyday - but might need something more cushiony as well.  I was reading threads on the feet issue when I came across this thread.

I am just now starting to have almost no foot pain but I've been riding now since first of Jan every day so about a month.  The key for me has been to get my feet more relaxed and when I go up hill to bend knees instead of just push down with my feet.  Also carving helps so much with foot pain starting or when I start to feel it.  Just slow down a little shift weight from foot to foot, plus its fun to just weave a bit when riding.  Its really helped with range and enjoyment to not have the aggravating foot pain make where you have to stop and get off and walk or sit down.  I used to get so worn out from low speed turns and stop and start, but finally slow speed is where I rest and turns are where I stretch feet out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/4/2021 at 9:11 AM, John H said:

Richmond, VA area. Is there a group in this area that rides on the weekends? Been EUC’ing about a year. Just picked up a V11

Awesome another V11 in the Central Va Area.  Just got mine March.  The only group I have found is a ONEWHEEL group on FB.  They seem friendly towards EUC's, just haven't had the time to do any rides.  Kinda hit and miss when they get together, gotta catch the post when it happens.  I am slowly going through different parks here and there would recommend Lewis G Larus Park.  Lot of FUN off road bike trails + connects to Pony Pasture & James River Park System.  If I had more time might have been able to make it to the Floodwall.

I might be starting a Richmond / Virginia EUC Group soon.  Just a place for us to compile our community, and say "Hey I'm riding tomorrow, who wants to come..."

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 9/28/2017 at 2:07 PM, Barrett Roberts said:

Just curious if anyone rides around these two areas.   Would be fun to ride with some other people sometimes.  

Yo headed there from Maine in a couple weeks. Would be nice to get a group ride together. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 2/26/2021 at 7:31 AM, Darren0128 said:

Chesapeake here/ I work in Norfolk and ride alot around there too.  Met a couple of other EUC riders in norfolk while riding around.  Hit me up if you guys plan on any meet-ups.  would be alot of fun!

Are there any specific places around Norfolk that are better or worse for riding? I bounce between VB and norfolk daily so once I get my euc I'll be riding around as much as I can. 

• 1 year later...
On 2/26/2021 at 7:31 AM, Darren0128 said:

Chesapeake here/ I work in Norfolk and ride alot around there too.  Met a couple of other EUC riders in norfolk while riding around.  Hit me up if you guys plan on any meet-ups.  would be alot of fun!

I'm in VA Beach looking for people to ride with. 

• Like 1