Which EUCs has the highest payload?

Vence

12 hours ago, Vence said:

Heavier rider, looking for something that is not going to struggle under my weight during a 5 mile round trip commute.

5 miles should be no problem for any modern wheel - not even for the i5.

But as weight and inncline are major factors for extreme situations the above statement could not be true.

So for an advice give us additional information or stay quite overpowered with the wheels mentioned by @Gustesta, a ks16[s/b/c], quite any inmotion or ninebot edit: or most gotways i don't have quite aby experience with...

The main difference will be (depending on weight, incline,acceleration,battery capacity, continous motor power) the chance to overlean and experience a faceplant (nothing you would ever choose to experience!)

As a heavier rider 100kg I am much more concerned with the flexing of the pedals and axle assembly much more than I am with the power to keep me upright and going up hills. With all my wheels except the Inmotion V5 I can feel the pedals flexing inward when I go over bumps, with my KS14c being the worst of the lot. I don't go down bumps greater than 1-2 inch, I walk my damned wheels over those kinds of drops. While I've learned to "go light" over drops I can still feel and hear my wheels flex and creak over drops.

Back home I rode the LHOTZ 260wh with 2 desktop computers in my hands... I am 85kg so clothes, computers and myself maybe I was there with the weight and rode comfortably (except having both my hands carrying bulky stuff)  It was not an everyday thing but often carried a computer with it. Bumps and inclines were still ok (of course using more common sense on your journey), though scare me a bit on steep downhills. The nice thing about the LHOTZ is that the tyre is wide enough and requires less pressure in the tire so the ride will be slightly softer on rough roads. Compared to the Zero, I think it was a bit harder to handle with carrying bulky stuff. With the 260wh I easily see 18-20km on a charge if you ride it properly. When you are braking and speeding aggressively then things change on the range. The higher battery capacity should help a bit about power too.

1 hour ago, Imarconi said:

Last week I saw a 140kg guy riding a Msuper V3 (coming out of a store in paris), the salesman there told me (about the weight of the guy) and he broke 2 KS18 and now he was a happy Msuper rider.

Thats funny....as i have both wheels for a long time now, weighted including things and backpack about 115kg or more....and would say quite the exact opposite. 

6 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

Thats funny....as i have both wheels for a long time now, weighted including things and backpack about 115kg or more....and would say quite the exact opposite. 

So you don't think that extra 25kg or 50 pounds would make a difference?  I know all the kingsong riders believe that kingsongs are invincible and can't imagine one actually breaking even if it is due to rider weight.

At any rate, according to Jason's website the max rider weight on both the MSuper and KS18 is 350 lbs or 158kg.  It would help to know the weight of the OP so we know if we are talking 350 lbs or 240 lbs.  

Imho just all actual wheels lack a steady axle/pedal mounting – same maybe a bit more, some maybe a bit less, but with a high payload and regular „extrem“ stressing none can be really 100% recomended.

there where from time to time pictures of really steady motor/pedal mount without the normal „e—bike“ construction (too small hollow axle) — can‘t remember if all this where just studies or some manufactureres actually really implemented this? If so, and their motors/electronics are „state of the art“ this could maybe be recomended?

in some GW discussions thicker axles were mentioned — but imho just from our members side, or did they get sturdier in some modells? Would be great to compare the different axle diameters + the internal hole (for the wiring) diameters. 

Individual cases can be interesting, tragic,... but are normally statisticly quite irrelevant — looking at the construction should lead to a better decision—making basis. (And hoping that qc does not let a jerky wheel slip through for one...)

6 hours ago, Acturbo said:

So you don't think that extra 25kg or 50 pounds would make a difference?  I know all the kingsong riders believe that kingsongs are invincible and can't imagine one actually breaking even if it is due to rider weight.

At any rate, according to Jason's website the max rider weight on both the MSuper and KS18 is 350 lbs or 158kg.  It would help to know the weight of the OP so we know if we are talking 350 lbs or 240 lbs.  

Sure i think 25kg more make a difference...

Its just -by owning both- from MY experience the Ks18 feels much more stable as the V3. When you think thats fanboism, ok...

KS France in the beginning has sold Ks18 and 16 with a 150kg max weight. After some bad experience/repairs because of to much load, they since end of 2016 announce and warranty both wheels only with 100kg max! They will have there reason :-)

150kg is just to much in my view...last year at my max weight on my holiday i tried riding a KS16 with my big traveller backpack on which has had about 25kg, so with all i was about 130kg, i would say. That did feel absolutely weird, wobly and unsafe.

So from my opinion i would say 110-120kg is the max for wheels like Ks16,18, Acm, Msuper.

With more weight you can still drive them...but just on nice, straight roads. Offroad or hoping down a curb? Better not.

1 hour ago, Chriull said:

in some GW discussions thicker axles were mentioned — but imho just from our members side, or did they get sturdier in some modells? Would be great to compare the different axle diameters + the internal hole (for the wiring) diameters. 

Acm and Msuper have same axle, monster is a bit thicker. Newer Models? i hope in a month i can tell more :-)

Kingsong ‚S‘ Series (incl. 14d) now have 3 mm thicker axles then the old wheels.

On 29.9.2017 at 5:03 AM, IPS Malta said:

With the 260wh I easily see 18-20km on a charge if you ride it properly. When you are braking and speeding aggressively then things change on the range.

Maybe a 55 kg rider with the wind in his back and an average speed of 10 kph can get this mileage out of the 260Wh battery... For a rider weight of more typical 80 kg and an average cruising speed of 18 kph, you might get 10 km out of that battery. Considering the OP claims to be not the lightest around, he might actually struggle to get those 5 miles out of that 260Wh battery, if he actually wants to move around instead of crawling on the sidewalks. 

King Song use a bracket clamp support for securing the axle to the pedal support. The advantage of this design is that there's less probability of an after-sales servicing to up the Wheel-nuts, as there is with the Gotways. KS have also started to apply loctite to the bolts—in earlier batches, there were a few cases of the bolts loosening after a couple thousand km.

The downside is, that this machined down rectangular shape, has less structural load capability to the untouched circular axle. Based on our service history, however, only the the 14C was susceptible to axle fractures, KS are now using 12mm thick axles for the 14D/14S, vs. 10mm on the 14B/C.

The trend towards thicker axles is not just KS, the Tesla's are fitted with improved axles too: picture below shows the Tesla's axle (left), with the ACM's (right).

uc?export=view&id=0B-WCZQc2gfJjR2dobkNFU

6 hours ago, Slaughthammer said:

Maybe a 55 kg rider with the wind in his back and an average speed of 10 kph can get this mileage out of the 260Wh battery... For a rider weight of more typical 80 kg and an average cruising speed of 18 kph, you might get 10 km out of that battery. Considering the OP claims to be not the lightest around, he might actually struggle to get those 5 miles out of that 260Wh battery, if he actually wants to move around instead of crawling on the sidewalks. 

I am 85kg as described and I managed to reach 22km on a charge in my country, and we are not very flat. I managed so though without using the sidewalks much and cruising at around18-22km/hr (reducing speeds at the end because it felt much softer). I can't remember wind condition, it was a quite new unicycle at that time. Following I used to do a back and forth trip every weekend with a 3 hour stop and 8km each direction and I always finished with like 35% battery (on no load) on a 260wh LHOTZ if I remember correctly. I have one direction of this trip recorded on my youtube channel with a screen recording of the app too if again I remember correctly. Unfortunately here I can't access youtube here (until next Monday when my computer at home boots alone), but you can find my trip to work on https://www.youtube.com/glenvella

Besides my i5, which is just 2 weeks old gives me the 26km from 100% to 9% battery on a continuous ride and using sidewalks all the time. The battery is the high capacity 245wh and it's used in China where they have some wide sidewalks but always flat land. (I only encountered one steep hill in Shenzhen since last July and I was on foot). The i5 has 2 advantages and 1 disadvantage to the LHOTZ. It's 7kg lighter and speed limited to 20km/h, on the other hand, the battery is smaller too. The tyre width may also impact as a 2.5inch compared to the 1.5 may have more friction thus may also put more load on the motor.

Yet I still suggest a bigger battery capacity than 260wh. My same 260wh was used by @Keith on holiday when he came to my country. He referred something about it and honestly, it did let him down compared to the big Segways

16 minutes ago, IPS Malta said:

I am 85kg as described and I managed to reach 22km on a charge in my country, and we are not very flat. I managed so though without using the sidewalks much and cruising at around18-22km/hr

On my 340 Wh Lhotz I was never able to get even close to 20 km of 20 kph riding, at roughly the same weight. If you go really slow and have some brakes so the battery can regenerate a bit, I can see 20 km possible with the 260Wh battery, but not with steady 20 kph cruising.

Well, luckily I found space for additional batteries in the case...:wub: and now, in warm weather and not so hard riding, I can get 30 km out of it, but I got twice the nominal capacity

I don't know bro ... and I thought I took the worst from the batch I received. Did you ever checked the individual battery voltage (you should multiple touches on the voltage on the app) and see the imbalance of the voltages on the cells? 30km still too little I guess, maybe there's something else you might need to check.

Attachments to show you how (shown on the IPS i5 but works also for LHOTZ and Zero)

WeChat Image_20170930190507.jpg

WeChat Image_20170930190518.jpg

5 hours ago, Slaughthammer said:

As I fiddled around with the battery quite a bit in the process of extending it, I can definitely say that there is no problem with either the balancing or the charging of the battery.

I'm not doubting this ;) but somewhere this energy is being wasted somewhere. I asked you to check from the APP so you can see what the board see. Could also be because you are riding in cooler environments I guess.

It is getting a bit off topic here though

I’m around 110kg, without clothes. 

I had an ACM 680wh that got stolen. It felt solid but range was not impressive. 

I’m waiting for a Tesla and am now riding a MCM3 that feels equally stable as the ACM.

No flex in pedals, and no creek from other parts.  

However, after only 10km I go below 50% battery and gets warnings. It’s a 260wh model. 

I gope the Tesla will be better. 

14 hours ago, jbwheel said:

Axle is the critical part, then of course big batteries and 84V motors. I think @EUC Extreme made some modifications, I don't know if you can buy it since he had a sponsor.

I am a self-made all the changes. Unfortunately, I do not have time to make these changes to other users.
But hopefully their publication will also help others.

• 2 weeks later...

I am 130kg.  The ninebot will take ages to come out.  King Song KS18S and Gotway Monster seem very expensive.  Are any of the other ones a bit cheaper?  I suppose I will try to buy second hand off gumtree/craigslist

1 minute ago, Vence said:

I am 130kg.  The ninebot will take ages to come out.  King Song KS18S and Gotway Monster seem very expensive.  Are any of the other ones a bit cheaper?  I suppose I will try to buy second hand off gumtree/craigslist

Problem is that with your weight you MUST have a powerfull wheel like Monster, V3s+ or 18S!

Others just will not do the job! Yes, you might be able to drive them carefully on a straight road...but all inclines will make the wheel go limbo, or any hefty acceleration (even by mistake) can send you flying....

So dont come to the idea, that you will be happy with a wheel under 680wh or under 1200Watt nominal!

4 hours ago, Vence said:

I have a used KS 18s for sale.  I listed it on the "second hand" section.

Archived