NFL rebels!

LanghamP

I'm not a fan of the NFL, partly because of the 7 billion dollars direct cost taxpayers have put into stadiums over the past 20 years, but mostly because the game. is. so. damned. slow.

However, it is with great amusement that I watched Trump tweet that players should be fired for their political convictions which horrified liberals with not the slightest trace of irony. To think of firing people for their political leanings isn't something that liberals have ever been known for, you know.

To get people fired for the way they think seems to be a favorite past time these days, and in a way that is a form of economic terrorism as it invariably brings great hardship to them and their families. I guess that's the purpose; say something I disagree with and be forever punished. Maybe our forefathers had it right with dueling; have at it with the disagreeable person and be done with it.

Punishing people for thoughtcrimes has got to be one of the most absurd trends of the 21st century. That and cupcakes. Perhaps we're going the path of that movie "a clockwork orange", and like that movie you're never quite sure who you're suppose to be rooting for.

On 9/27/2017 at 11:22 AM, LanghamP said:

However, it is with great amusement that I watched Trump tweet that players should be fired for their political convictions

Trump never suggested people should be fired for their political convictions.He suggested at a political rally in Alabama that he would like to see one of the team owners fire the player(s) who kneel during the national anthem at an NFL game where they work.They are highly paid entertainers who are disrespecting millions of fans that pay their salaries.No one ever suggested that they be fired for political convictions.If they want to kneel on their own time,no one gives a damn.But if they choose to ignore NFL codes of conduct while they're "at work",then the league has every right to discipline or fire them as President Trump suggested.

I was so surprised that grabbing ladies crotches unsolicited didnt shame him, but this snowflake issue does. Lol, He must feel soo brave conflating exercising the 1st ammendment with bad behavior against the Flag.

Its like the Pot calling the kettle black and then asking that the owners fire them as sanctioned by the highest elected official in the land. Its true irony, childish, fake irony. Taking a knee is how we bow to authority, ask anyone knighted by the British crowne. It shows absolutely no disrespect no matter how one may say it does unless they can scrub 5000 years of imagery from our brains. Its nonsense and I rarely make it to a sporting event before the anthems anyway. That speaks nothing to my patriotism and everything to the availability of parking and stadium entrances.

18 hours ago, Stan Onymous said:

It shows absolutely no disrespect no matter how one may say it does

Really? Then why is it such an issue with millions of people?

18 hours ago, Stan Onymous said:

. Taking a knee is how we bow to authority, ask anyone knighted by the British crowne

In the United States, taking a knee is not how Americans bow to authority.Americans don't bow to authority.In fact, the American revolution was fought against the British and their crown for partially this very reason.I can only assume your lack of understanding of this issue is because you're a product of the public education system,for which,if that is the case,explains much!:D

12 hours ago, Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" said:

In the United States, taking a knee is not how Americans bow to authority.Americans don't bow to authority.In fact, the American revolution was fought against the British and their crown for partially this very reason.I can only assume your lack of understanding of this issue is because your a product of the public education

Since the majority of the news against taking a knee is put out by Russia, and russian agencies, and since 57% of Americans support the players and only 17% are against it, I can only assume that this is a Russian's take on America. In America we genuflect to Jesus, In America we take a knee to show respect to our coaches in a huddle. In America during the Superbowl after 9/11 in New Orleans, many of the players took a knee to honor the fallen civil servants and citizens. In America we kneel to thank our God we were born into such a place of freedom and rule of Law, not rule of whim.

Lastly, any dolt can just stand around. It takes effort to kneel or take a knee, and thats why its more honorable. As a contrarian you should already know this.

I have no problem with people taking a knee, standing, or mooning the flag, and those are protected speeches.

However, what we are seeing, and both sides are doing it, is getting people fired who exercise their right to free speech. Calling the kettle black is exactly right as both sides engage in economic terrorism as they successfully get other people fired.

To me, saying what you want on Facebook, or in public (within reason, as shouting fire in a movie theater isn't exercising free speech) shouldn't even be considered as grounds for being fired.

Quick, think of how many times you've heard this scenario:

Person x said <social media>, was condemned, and their <social media sentence> was apparently deleted. Nevertheless, people took screen shots of that and forwarded it to their organization. An apology was made, but the person was still fired.

We now live in a society where even an abject apology is unacceptable; one wonders if bringing back the death penalty for the person and their family would satisfy the mob. It might, barely. You might as well as not apologize, and be unrepentant, and that's probably not healthy either.

I'm always taken aback at the hostility Americans display towards Russians. In every way, on every border, in every form, Americans want to fight against Russia. A war seems to be the overriding agenda with the war party (republicans and democrats). To think we would condemn Russia for trying to help elect a person who would be friendlier to Russia is absurd; having met a few Russians I will say they are extremely friendly drunks and supremely passionate in bed. Also they are thin.

1 hour ago, Stan Onymous said:

Since the majority of the news against taking a knee is put out by Russia, and russian agencies, and since 57% of Americans support the players and only 17% are against it, I can only assume that this is a Russian's take on America. In America we genuflect to Jesus, In America we take a knee to show respect to our coaches in a huddle. In America during the Superbowl after 9/11 in New Orleans, many of the players took a knee to honor the fallen civil servants and citizens. In America we kneel to thank our God we were born into such a place of freedom and rule of Law, not rule of whim.

Lastly, any dolt can just stand around. It takes effort to kneel or take a knee, and thats why its more honorable. As a contrarian you should already know this.

I was hoping to respond to you and any logical points you make; but since there is no logic present in your diatribe of non sequitors, that was a false hope.So be it.;)However, I do have 2 suggestions: 1).Perhaps it would behoove you to wear the aluminum foil hat a little less often.2).You might want to take off said headware and check it's origin.More than likely you will find that the phrase "Made in Russia" is stamped on it somewhere.:D

Archived