KingSong Notice about buying EUC on Ali express

Milli Zhao

Dear King Song Fans,

Hereby we inform that all Kong Song Brand Electric Unicycles are not allowed selling on Ali Express.

Please pay attention, don't buy any King Song Brand Electric Unicycle from Ali Express, KingSong official won't support after-sales service for it.

Pls be well noted.

Thanks for all you support, let's creat a healthier market together!:)

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Flora Yuan said:

Dear King Song Fans,

Hereby we inform that all Kong Song Brand Electric Unicycles are not allowed selling on Ali Express.

Please pay attention, don't buy any King Song Brand Electric Unicycle from Ali Express, KingSong official won't support after-sales service for it.

Pls be well noted.

Thanks for all you support, let's creat a healthier market together!:)

Lets create a double expensive market as in asia together :-)

1 hour ago, Rehab1 said:

Well that was interesting. Wonder if Gotway will follow the same paradigm but also create a safer market?

they allready have the same....for a aliexpress wheel you wont get any support from GW directly

10 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

Lets create a double expensive market as in asia together :-)

Unfortunately lack of competition could drive up prices. I hope not.

1 minute ago, Rehab1 said:

Unfortunately lack of competition could drive up prices. I hope not.

I hate this „exclusive“ politics by KS...this has allready gone to a point where european customers pay about 1,5 to 2,5 the price as on aliexpress....

When you then think about, that the aliexpress sellers in their prices cover transport and customs AND profit, you can say that we in Europe pay about 2-3 times the prices that the wheel costs in China.. It is getting a kind of sport only for rich people here in europe and will not help to sell Kingsong just one more wheel! 

Lets create a „healthier“ market? @Flora Yuan I really have to lough about this......

I think i should stop „promoting“ Kingsong and trying to convince people from the safety aspects Kingsongs have over other brands...as this is getting into a rip off...And btw: GW here in europe is exactly the same! At least they leave the decision to the customer where to buy and at what service level.

Time to change my nickname...

Sorry for the rant!

Sad:cry2:

Kingsong official Euro prices are crazy high compared to other locations (Asia, U.S.).

Can't buy a Kingsonf EUC if they cost too much<_< We aren't all millionaires here;)

e.g. KS18S 1680 Wh costs 2000 USD in the U.S. (would be 2400 USD with same sales taxes as here in Euroland, around 20%) and 2850 USD (2400 EUR)  here. 450$ difference!

And in China it's much cheaper anyways.

33 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Sad:cry2:

Kingsong official Euro prices are crazy high compared to other locations (Asia, U.S.).

Can't buy a Kingsonf EUC if they cost too much<_< We aren't all millionaires here;)

e.g. KS18S 1680 Wh costs 2000 USD in the U.S. (would be 2400 USD with same sales taxes as here in Euroland, around 20%) and 2850 USD (2400 EUR)  here. 450$ difference!

And in China it's much cheaper anyways.

Wow, that's an insane price. It was difficult for me to buy the 2400wh Monster for $2600 but I could justify the purchase price based on the size of the wheel and battery capacity. I would never pay those prices for the KS18 (or MSuper for that matter) unless that was the only wheel on the planet.

You guys really have it bad in Europe for new wheels :(

5 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

You guys really have it bad in Europe for new wheels :(

Well, Rockwheel will in the foreseeable future always sell via Ali (because that's basically their only sales channel atm), so that's something;)

Speedyfeet prices are also reasonable, but he has no KS (yet?).

8 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Well, Rockwheel will in the foreseeable future always sell via Ali (because that's basically their only sales channel atm), so that's something;)

Speedyfeet prices are also reasonable, but he has no KS (yet?).

I wonder if Ian knows what a KingSong is ;)  When he started selling Gotway's he would talk about them in his videos like nobody knew what they were, and his knowledge depth was rather shallow. But I hope he does for you guys.

Probably because it was easier for him to lower the GW prices. If KS are strict about this, nothing he can do, and le't hope GW does not start too.

Or else it might be cheaper to get a flight fom Europe to China, buy a KS from the factory, and fly back (pretending you could take it on the plane with you):P

While it was going to be a way off yet I intended my next wheel to be a KS18, but as I have just kicked off the immigration process to move back to the UK from the US I'm guessing I will have to rethink getting a KS if that is what it will cost. Personally I'd rather buy local for peace of mind but the premium I will pay to do so is limited. I hope the Z10 escapes the Asian market. Maybe I'll just keep the V8 long term and electrify my Brompton instead and be done with silly business politics and avoid the legal grey area that is EUC usage. Sad but true.

2 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

I hate this „exclusive“ politics by KS...this has allready gone to a point where european customers pay about 1,5 to 2,5 the price as on aliexpress....

I had no idea the costs for a KS where inflated by that much in Europe.  Ali was definately a great avenue for buyers in other countries.

To be honest I never expected any dealer on Ali such as The Green Fashion Travel Shop  to fix a broken wheel that I may have purchased from them. I like the fact that @Jason McNeil has a great relationship with KS and his prices are very competitive with Ali but not every reseller from other countries has this arrangement. 

2 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

Lets create a „healthier“ market? @Flora Yuan I really have to lough about this......

An ambiguous statement that needs some clarification. What is the true meaning beneath the term 'healthier market'? Is it a mission statement of sorts that conveys to it's customers that KS is offering safer products, better customer service, prices and affordability, transparency and trust- or is it simply a 'feel good' coded message with the hidden intensions of driving up consumer costs to increase the profits for KS executives? Time will tell.

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Time to change my nickname...

Sorry for the rant!

Kingsong69Mad;)

I know Inmotion has implemented a similar policy regarding Aliexpress sales.  There had been a small seller that was offering King Song on Ali for good prices up until maybe a week ago. 

This is a fast changing market.  The major brands are operating as a cartel on this front.  I have to think they've been getting a lot of pressure from the authorized dealers about not being able to compete. 

I get the impression that part of the problem for authorized resellers is the need to provide waranty care to customers as required by local laws. Jason has spoken of his need to carry parts at his own cost and try to reclaim failed components from the manufacturer down the road. Perhaps if manufacturers supported their resellers more fully in this regard then local prices could come down.

30 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

While it was going to be a way off yet I intended my next wheel to be a KS18, but as I have just kicked off the immigration process to move back to the UK from the US I'm guessing I will have to rethink getting a KS if that is what it will cost. Personally I'd rather buy local for peace of mind but the premium I will pay to do so is limited. I hope the Z10 escapes the Asian market. Maybe I'll just keep the V8 long term and electrify my Brompton instead and be done with silly business politics and avoid the legal grey area that is EUC usage. Sad but true.

When you guys change your profile pictures (Batman seems to be a thing lately) or profile name (I'm looking at you @Asylsteirer) it's so confusing and somehow feels like 'he' left the group. I'm weird I know :facepalm:

9 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

When you guys change your profile pictures (Batman seems to be a thing lately) or profile name (I'm looking at you @Asylsteirer) it's so confusing and somehow feels like 'he' left the group. I'm weird I know :facepalm:

Awwww. Didn't know you cared! Just for you I will remove the mask again. :ph34r:->:D

Just now, WARPed1701D said:

Awwww. Didn't know you cared! Just for you I will remove the mask again. :ph34r:->:D

Ah, it's like seeing an old friend again :)

Archived