Speed limit on KS16S

Nick R

I just got my Kingsong 16S today... and took it out for a ride.. I kept getting pulled back at around 18/19 km/hr
I already unlocked the speed limit so why am I getting pulled back ? 

The attached screen shows what my speed limit screen look like.. 
The only thing that is close to 18/19 is the "Ollie Speed"  which is set to 20. 
I cant set it any higher... Get message "Invalid parameter" when I tried. 

What the hell is Ollie speed ? and how can I get past this 20 km/hr sound barrier ? 

speed.jpg

you must unlock the speed limit.. just go to speed limit decoding in the app, copy your vehicle serial number and then paste that here http://electricunicycle.org/kingsongunlocker/ under "ISN value" it will give you a code under "unlock code" copy that unlock code, go back into the app and paste the code into the code for authorization.. should be unlocked now, then go back into speed limit setup and  movie up the ollie speed firstly, then set your speed limit alarms to something less than the ollie.. if you only want one speed limit alarm like i have mine set to, set the class 1 and class 2 to "0" and then move up the class 3 to anything you like, it will beep at you once you reach that speed.. ollie speed means the maximum speed that the uni will let you go before forcing you to slow down.. do not ever set that to 0 lol

(Once you’ve properly ‘unlocked’ the speed as posted above.)

And to keep yourself from going insane from listening to constant beeping while riding, set the Class 1 & 2 alarms at ‘0’ and the Class 3 alarm about 3 or 4 below whatever you have the ‘Ollie’ speed set at.  This way, you will only hear ‘beeping’ just before approaching the ‘Ollie’ or tiltback speed. 

On 9/22/2017 at 11:43 PM, Nick R said:

I just got my Kingsong 16S today... and took it out for a ride.. I kept getting pulled back at around 18/19 km/hr
I already unlocked the speed limit so why am I getting pulled back ? 

The attached screen shows what my speed limit screen look like.. 
The only thing that is close to 18/19 is the "Ollie Speed"  which is set to 20. 
I cant set it any higher... Get message "Invalid parameter" when I tried. 

What the hell is Ollie speed ? and how can I get past this 20 km/hr sound barrier ? 

speed.jpg

The should set the speed of the different classes of alarms in ascending order with Class 1 being the lowest. The way you have it set up now is causing the "Ollie speed" (ie. tiltback) to not go any higher than 20 km/h.  Set your values to this:

Class 1 -> 0
Class 2 -> 0
Class 3 -> 35
Ollie -> 35 

@Nick R

seams your „speed unlock“ has not worked...

Otherwise you would be able to set the tilback=olie speed over 20...

So try again: one important thing! when you unlock you have to use only small caps! no big letters and no : or - 

• 9 months later...
On 9/22/2017 at 11:50 PM, Rywokast said:

it will give you a code under "unlock code" copy that unlock code, go back into the app and paste the code into the code for authorization..

I did this a while back and everything worked great. My issue is I just had to buy a new phone and reinstall the app. Dun dun dunnnnnn.... who knew that all of a sudden my wheel would be reverted back to slow mo. The only time I ever saw that section to enter the code was the very 1st time I ever clicked on Speed Settings. It automatically popped up saying would you like to unlock. I have my code but there isn't an actual tab, button or section that I can find to enter it in my app. Can anyone help direct me to a spot to enter this if it doesn't auto pop up? Thanks :)

This is a screenshot I see. Selecting Speed setting doesn't automatically display it for me and trying to bump up the speeds it just keeps kicking it back to slow. Also... has anyone ever experienced that message on the bottom? The only way I can get it to go away is to turn off the wheel and restart my phone. It's weird because the wheel is connected, it shows the battery life and all other info. It even allows me to play music while riding via bluetooth. But that message prevents me from using that lower part of my screen. I can't click on anything underneath it.

36293794_490121744755218_6482452280825085952_n.thumb.png.5ba6f83a713dd5fcf790ac45f3072822.png

Archived