App 4.1.2 (don't update)

I updated to get rid of the annoying message on every startup to update (god I hate this app so much since the last major release) and even though I have updated to the latest version, it still tells me to update and loads up my app store every time I load the app.  Not only that, but when I put my iPhone back in my pocket and ride for a while, and take it out to check the app, the app restarts and gives me the same message to update.  It's such a pain in the arse.  I really miss the old app.  It was so much better and the remote control was much faster.  It's amazing to me when companies spend time and money only to totally ruin something that works perfectly.

4 hours ago, RooMiniPro said:

I updated to get rid of the annoying message on every startup to update (god I hate this app so much since the last major release) and even though I have updated to the latest version, it still tells me to update and loads up my app store every time I load the app.  Not only that, but when I put my iPhone back in my pocket and ride for a while, and take it out to check the app, the app restarts and gives me the same message to update.  It's such a pain in the arse.  I really miss the old app.  It was so much better and the remote control was much faster.  It's amazing to me when companies spend time and money only to totally ruin something that works perfectly.

Just checked mine, version 4.1.1, it says the current version is the latest.  I guess the support for the E+ is not as often as for the minipro.  It's like they are still working on the newer two wheel models and trying to improve them, but the old one wheel models are just stagnate, which makes sense because it's an old design.  The last firmware update was 12-16-2015, almost two years ago.  They used to change the firmware about every month in 2015.

If you are on iOS 11, you will effectively be forced to update, as the earlier App is broken on iOS11. You cannot get to the battery information and other navigation does not work.  I updated to 4.1.2 on iOS 11.  If I wanted to get the detailed battery info or anything else behind the gear control there was was no other option.  It did what I needed it to.

23 hours ago, FreeRide said:

If you are on iOS 11, you will effectively be forced to update, as the earlier App is broken on iOS11. You cannot get to the battery information and other navigation does not work.  I updated to 4.1.2 on iOS 11.  If I wanted to get the detailed battery info or anything else behind the gear control there was was no other option.  It did what I needed it to.

The latest app still has problems for me on IOS11.  I don't know if it's an IOS11 bug or a bug in the Ninebot app but mine won't keep a Bluetooth connection for more than a few minutes.  It loses connection and then the app has to log in again.  It's very frustrating.  Another issue is that changing the "suspension" and steering sensitivity settings often doesn't actually change anything on the MiniPro.  And when I restart the app I see that those settings were in fact never changed.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  Is anyone else having the Bluetooth connection issue?

I see 4.2 is out. The release notes say they have added a mini slot machine game. How about just making the app work better instead of adding computer games and pushing hard to make it a social media app. This is stupid.

The whole app experience is now something quite negative for me. I load the app, it tells me I need to update, I cancel that, it tells me something about updating my mileage, I wait for that to go away, it tells me it can’t find a network (yeah because I blocked it from logging my location data), it brings me to the social media hub full of chinese text, I click out of that and click on vehicle, it connects. I go for a ride, it disconnects 3-4 minutes later and I repeat the whole process.  Now I just don’t bother with it at all.

3 hours ago, RooMiniPro said:

I see 4.2 is out. The release notes say they have added a mini slot machine game. How about just making the app work better instead of adding computer games and pushing hard to make it a social media app. This is stupid.

The whole app experience is now something quite negative for me. I load the app, it tells me I need to update, I cancel that, it tells me something about updating my mileage, I wait for that to go away, it tells me it can’t find a network (yeah because I blocked it from logging my location data), it brings me to the social media hub full of chinese text, I click out of that and click on vehicle, it connects. I go for a ride, it disconnects 3-4 minutes later and I repeat the whole process.  Now I just don’t bother with it at all.

Be happy you are not banned

Me yes,  ive been banned 3 weeks ago 

Since I cant post in public only in private message 

I cant "like" other post

They said me it's because I had post much in différents languages group. ..

But I thought its because I posted promo at 355 euros but it was a mistake 

And im agree for one thing I never had to post a promotional ad 

But ninebot apk is made with chinese rules 

And it's not the world. ...

3 hours ago, RooMiniPro said:

I just turn it on at the end of the ride to see battery percentage and time and distance traveled mostly.  But lately I skim through the social part because some of the photos are interesting.  

I just tried the slot machine, kind of fun, you can win Ncoins pretty easily,  but I think it is being used to track users location.  And somehow it was showing my forum username Steve454 on the banner everytime I won, congratulations Steve454 you have won 20 Ncoins.  I didn't use my forum username when creating the account for the app.:blink1:

There's a really cute woman in a white skirt in the NFans section today.:dribble:

2 hours ago, steve454 said:

I just tried the slot machine, kind of fun, you can win Ncoins pretty easily,  but I think it is being used to track users location.  And somehow it was showing my forum username Steve454 on the banner everytime I won, congratulations Steve454 you have won 20 Ncoins.  I didn't use my forum username when creating the account for the app.:blink1:

There's a really cute woman in a white skirt in the NFans section today.:dribble:

Yes, they don’t spend money developing such ‘games’ for our enjoyment. The app is now heavily oriented towards data harvesting and collection. What they do with all this data, I don’t know exactly but it’s not for our benefit. 

As for NCoins, they’re useless so I don’t understand why people even try to collect them. 

2 hours ago, RooMiniPro said:

As for NCoins, they’re useless so I don’t understand why people even try to collect them. 

Thank you, I was wondering that also.  It's almost like they are playing me like a video game.  The app is like a poison. But did you see that hottie?

14 hours ago, steve454 said:

Thank you, I was wondering that also.  It's almost like they are playing me like a video game.  The app is like a poison. But did you see that hottie?

Yeah I think the Ncoin thing is just a tool to get users to spend more time on the app.

Lol. To be honest she looked very average to me. 

Archived