Do you know something what happen about this

Barry Chen

26 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Maybe with the larger battery packs there's less of an influence from colder temperatures?  My Ninebot with the 320 wh battery goes about 16-17 km averaging 20 kph over the trip of flats, hills, bumpy sidewalks, and some downhills with my 167 lb weight..  After that, 10 km range remains, but you can hit the low power speed limiter which slows the wheel down to somewhere about 10 kph which is super annoying but safe.  You really don't want to go 10 km at 10 kph, believe you me!  :rolleyes:  At 5°C the drop is quite noticeable on my battery pack, but I managed to get home before the limp mode engaged.

Even at 12°C you have to factor in the windchill.  Dressing up warmly helps, but your face still gets cold similar to skiing downhill.  If you can wear a hoodie under your helmet that helps.  I wasn't kidding about the scarf.  Below 4-5 celcius I have no urge to go riding outside even if the road conditions are dry and snowfree!  But that's just me - I see hardy people jogging and cycling around in winter so maybe it's not too bad?

This will be my first winter riding.

As long as the battery holds up, I plan to ride outdoors.  The bundling up tips help.

Also, carrying/replacing the battery may help, even though unscrewing tiny bolts in the cold may be a constraint.

5 hours ago, mezzanine said:

I underestimated how cold people get riding these things.

Indeed.

It was 20 degrees C the other day and I planned to go for a 30km ride. Sun is shining so shorts and t shirt!

I turned back home after 300 meters to put on long trousers and a long sleeve. 30km/h without doing any effort .... not so warm after all :D 

Archived