Do you know Rockwheel GT16 V2?

Barry Chen

I'm in France, but I bought it in the official rockwheel store in ali express. They have a warehouse in the Netherlands a d i got it within 48h ...but check with the vendor (pm on Ali) first, and get a reduction while your at it (usually $50), and if you sign up on some cash back sites you can save another $50 ;-)

1 hour ago, Robert Hoffmann said:

I'm in France, but I bought it in the official rockwheel store in ali express. They have a warehouse in the Netherlands a d i got it within 48h ...but check with the vendor (pm on Ali) first, and get a reduction while your at it (usually $50), and if you sign up on some cash back sites you can save another $50 ;-)

Great, I heard only great reviews from him.

i would love to have a mini review of your wheel soon, cause for my first wheel I’m between this one or the Tesla, they seem so similar!

I can't really add more than what others said as this is my 1st wheel too.

But from quickly looking at the specs of the Tesla

Tesla: heavier, uglier, better lighting, integrated trolley, integrated ventilation, better charger, more robust ?

Rockwheel: sexier, lighter, faster ?, cheap charger, more fragile ?, not integrated trolley (but comes with free trolley), good ventilation shafts

Really can't honestly give advice without owning both :-) But rockwheel weighs 17.5kg and honestly, that's pretty damn heavy already ^^

19 minutes ago, Robert Hoffmann said:

Oh, rockwheel has no way to temporarily turn off when lifting/going up stairs ...not a deal breaker, but would have been nice !

The power button is right under the index finger when you grab the handle, it is a piece of cake to learn to grab and turn it off in one go.

27 minutes ago, Robert Hoffmann said:

I can't really add more than what others said as this is my 1st wheel too.

But from quickly looking at the specs of the Tesla

Tesla: heavier, uglier, better lighting, integrated trolley, integrated ventilation, better charger, more robust ?

Rockwheel: sexier, lighter, faster ?, cheap charger, more fragile ?, not integrated trolley (but comes with free trolley), good ventilation shafts

Really can't honestly give advice without owning both :-) But rockwheel weighs 17.5kg and honestly, that's pretty damn heavy already ^^

Just my impression...

Tesla advantages: Better headlight, better water-proofing, a bit more substantial and stiffer chassis, higher top speed, built in trolley, seem to be a bit more stable at speed.

Rockwheel advantages: Maneuverability, stiffer response, better cooling, lighter, better looking, very obvious brake lights.

They're competing in almost exactly the same niche, which is very cool. We need more competition in the quick, maneuverable, strong, reasonably stable 16"-bracket. The Tesla, if it is spared the Gotway problems that have plagued other products, will force others to up their game to stay competitive.

I love my GT16, but if I didn't already own a Rockwheel and compared these two, it would be a toss-up. The lower price, weight and sexier package of the GT16, or the water-proofing and stiffer chassi of the Tesla? Hard to say really, mileage may vary as they say.

On 10/9/2017 at 5:50 PM, Robert Hoffmann said:

Still some progress to make on the heat side, one Tesla has gone off during a uphill ride.

7 hours ago, jbwheel said:

Still some progress to make on the heat side, one Tesla has gone off during a uphill ride.

There is a accident happen in Gotway Tesla.And cause arguement in our country.The video uploaded by one of player at that moment.But somebody delete for not so long .

Archived