Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Well, I received a new report of a broken steering bar, now it makes a lot of affected users i think
I advise you to lift the sticker and screw the screws (check the entire mini it's better)

and see this topic 

 

 

cordialy

 

Edited by jojo33

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jojo33 said:

Well, I received a new report of a broken steering bar, now it makes a lot of affected users i think
I advise you to lift the sticker and screw the screws (check the entire mini it's better)

and see this topic 

 

 

cordialy

 

Great reminder.

I ordered a supporting piece to attach for each of my MiniPros.

I had tightened the screws, as you mentioned, and still there were the beginnings of cracks showing up.

Hopefully, this support will give me added piece of mind for riding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Rocky Romero  look into french forum https://forum.urban360.com/index.php?/topic/2928-fissure-sur-barre-de-direction/&tab=comments#comment-43303

2 mini pro french owners, one last june, and other last weekend  have this , and into NFAN in Russian language group too

i think everybody should have to make a check up, but not only steering bar, all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jojo33 said:

@Rocky Romero  look into french forum https://forum.urban360.com/index.php?/topic/2928-fissure-sur-barre-de-direction/&tab=comments#comment-43303

2 mini pro french owners, one last june, and other last weekend  have this , and into NFAN in Russian language group too

i think everybody should have to make a check up, but not only steering bar, all.

It's great to connect with the French forum for additional thoughts and tips.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jojo33 said:

I'm in Italy this week.

Stopped at a Segway marked tour place and we'll do a Segway tour tomorrow in Florence.

They said MiniPros are illegal in Italy?

I have not seen any EUC, boards or electric bikes.  Electric cars, yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Rocky Romero said:

They said MiniPros are illegal in Italy?

 

no, into NFAN italian languages group there many italians whith euc and mini, you should meet them will be great

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, jojo33 said:

no, into NFAN italian languages group there many italians whith euc and mini, you should meet them will be great

Yes, I had the only Segway MiniPro sighting today.  So, they must be allowed in Florence, Italy.

We also did our Segway tour and found the city sights interesting and engaging because of all the artistic history.  Much better experience riding than walking, as many of you know.

The cobblestones and streets are bumpy and would be trickier for those on smaller wheels.  MiniPro would handle this okay.  EUC would be very difficult because of the crowds.  Anything else with smaller tires is just not possible to ride in the central areas.

There is a future here for the MiniPro and MiniPlus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just pulled the sticker of my new Minipro and found the screws appear they may have some sort of loctite on them already.   Not sure if it's loctite or just a warranty seal sort of thing.   Should I pull these out and use loctite or is it possible Segway is now putting loctite on them.   See picture:

bar.screws.jpg

Edited by segtrix
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks,  I'll leave it for now.   I posted a thread here that may help prevent some of the knee bar damage with a solution I came up with for carrying the MiniPro : One solution to carry a MinPro which avoids knee bar damage      I believe it puts less stress on the connection point between the knee bar and the base and almost no stress on the bar connection points which are shown in this thread with cracks.   It won't help with cracks that happen during riding but will help with any that happen while carrying it.  

Edited by segtrix
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first thing I did when I got my MiniPro was to tighten those screws and check every other screw I could find.  Are these kneebar failures caused by lifting the unit by the knee pads while the screws are loose or listing it that way in general?  I lift mine that way every day and carry it up and down a short flight of stairs.  There are no signs of cracking or damage on mine.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2017 at 5:29 PM, RooMiniPro said:

The first thing I did when I got my MiniPro was to tighten those screws and check every other screw I could find.  Are these kneebar failures caused by lifting the unit by the knee pads while the screws are loose or listing it that way in general?  I lift mine that way every day and carry it up and down a short flight of stairs.  There are no signs of cracking or damage on mine.

Yes, I tightened the screws also.

Additionally, I just installed this brace for added security and confidence.

520EE409-56B0-4548-B16D-5512BBD78FD6.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-09-29 at 10:16 AM, Rocky Romero said:

Yes, I tightened the screws also.

Additionally, I just installed this brace for added security and confidence.

520EE409-56B0-4548-B16D-5512BBD78FD6.png

That is so beefy now. So is it actually the aluminium that is cracking on some people’s minipros? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, RooMiniPro said:

That is so beefy now. So is it actually the aluminium that is cracking on some people’s minipros? 

Mine have not cracked on any of the three MiniPros.

This is added prevention that I wanted after reading here about the experience that others had with cracked attachments.

It seems to fit well and it’s light and unobtrusive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30.09.2017 at 11:01 PM, RooMiniPro said:

That is so beefy now. So is it actually the aluminium that is cracking on some people’s minipros? 

oh yesss. i got 3 broken handlebars on my hands so yes it is aluminium cracking alright

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×