Inmotion valve issue

ir_fuel

Don't know if anyone else here has the same problem, but with my Inmotion V8 it is impossible to connect any valve extender to the valve (have 2 different models here that work fine on my other wheel). It's as if you can't screw them far enough on the valve, so they only get to the "it's leaking air" part of screwing on, and you can't screw them past that point.

Needless to say it completely deflates the tire and it makes it impossible to inflate it since air is escaping all the time. The only way I can inflate the tire is by completely deflating it, bending the valve outwards and clamping my compressor directly onto the valve, overinflating it, yanking the compressor of as fast as I can, and deflating to the wanted pressure with my tire pressure meter. Impossible to increase pressure once there is pressure in the tire as you can't bend the valve that much anymore.

Anyone else having the same issue?

I'm using the valve extender which came with my Ninebot Mini Pro and it works OK. There's not much room for screwing it in so one must be quick to do it without emptying the tyre too much. But once screwed, it doesn't leak.

It requires a little moving up the valve away from the rim. It's a little fiddly but really only a little bit. The lever to fixate the pump over the valve helps quite a bit then to keep it in an airtight position.

7 minutes ago, Mono said:

It requires a little moving up the valve away from the rim. It's a little fiddly but really only a little bit. The lever to fixate the pump over the valve helps quite a bit then to keep it in an airtight position.

I just use something to lever the valve clear of the rim (screw driver, car key, fork, whatever)  With the valve and its threads clear of interference, the thread extender that came with my Ninebot screws right onto the Schrader valve.  There might be a fraction of a second when a puff of air escapes as the seals engage.  But that's not worth worrying about.  

I wonder if your middle valve stop is screwed in enough on your V8 tire innertube? If it is sticking too far up this could prevent the extension from screwing on all the way. If you dont have a tire valve tool, there is one on the top of of a bottle of Slime tire fill, or you can even use two toothpicks, plastic prefered on either side inside the valve stem and twist clockwise to tighten it in there. Dont stick the toothpicks too far into the stem incase they break off with the wooden ones.

good luck.

7 hours ago, Stan Onymous said:

I wonder if your middle valve stop is screwed in enough on your V8 tire innertube? If it is sticking too far up this could prevent the extension from screwing on all the way. If you dont have a tire valve tool, there is one on the top of of a bottle of Slime tire fill, or you can even use two toothpicks, plastic prefered on either side inside the valve stem and twist clockwise to tighten it in there. Dont stick the toothpicks too far into the stem incase they break off with the wooden ones.

good luck.

Tried that already, didn't change a thing.

40 minutes ago, Mono said:

Specification on my tire is 40-65 PSI.

Same -- I'm running the stock tire. 

At first, I was only targeting the rated-max, 65psi. But, for some reason, air kept leaking, in the days between rides, so I gradually increased it to 80, for a buffer. 

In theory, overinflation poses a greater risk to the metal shell, than to the rubber, but with obvious benefits of increased responsiveness for carving and slalom. 

--

Give 80 a try -- I think you'll like it. 

18 minutes ago, bm2 said:

Same -- I'm running the stock tire. 

At first, I was only targeting the rated-max, 65psi. But, for some reason, air kept leaking, in the days between rides, so I gradually increased it to 80, for a buffer. 

In theory, overinflation poses a greater risk to the metal shell, than to the rubber, but with obvious benefits of increased responsiveness for carving and slalom. 

--

Give 80 a try -- I think you'll like it. 

If I wouldn't risk my rim, I would actually rather go below 45 PSI. I have no problems with carving or slalom, but I prefer the comfort of low pressure plus the wobbles virtually disappear.

If leaking is your problem, you may consider to use the Slime tire sealant. 

I actually am going to try Slime, but just to round-out the main topic:

--

@ir_fuel

The wall of the clip on that pistol-grip I posted is thin. I have other guages and extensions which are thicker, and fairly difficult to get on. 

When I say thin, I mean: it fits perfectly. Cheers-

Yeah- @ir_fuel has a compressor. 

Personally, after some hilariously intimate encounters with homeless panhandlers, I decided to buy a pancake compressor, and skip the gas stations. 

Drug addicts who suddenly take notice of your thousand-dollar-plus toy are... eyebrow raising, to say the least. They're a friendly lot, but I don't tempt them, now. 

Archived