WheelLog Android App

palachzzz

When I first installed Wheellog for use with my V8 I was surprised to see that the temperature reported on the Pebble matched what is tagged as the battery temperature in the Wheellog app (second page) rather than the System temperature. I checked the Inmotion app (which only gives one non-component specific temperature) and that was reporting the same "battery temperature" number. I had guessed that the more important temperature would be the System temperature (assuming system means a temperature sensor on or near a critical component of the mainboard). How are others seeing this. What temperature corresponds between Wheellog and what is reported by your official app? Battery or System. I was wondering if what I am seeing is correct. Especially considering my V8 (currently on charge at 0.4C charge rate using the eWheels 2.5A fast charger is showing a 35C system temp but a 24C battery temp. I was expecting to see a hotter battery than mainboard during charging. Maybe they are reversed? Even so. Why would the Pebble concentrate on the battery temperature over the system temperature?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

When I first installed Wheellog for use with my V8 I was surprised to see that the temperature reported on the Pebble matched what is tagged as the battery temperature in the Wheellog app (second page) rather than the System temperature. I checked the Inmotion app (which only gives one non-component specific temperature) and that was reporting the same "battery temperature" number. I had guessed that the more important temperature would be the System temperature (assuming system means a temperature sensor on or near a critical component of the mainboard). How are others seeing this. What temperature corresponds between Wheellog and what is reported by your official app? Battery or System. I was wondering if what I am seeing is correct. Especially considering my V8 (currently on charge at 0.4C charge rate using the eWheels 2.5A fast charger is showing a 35C system temp but a 24C battery temp. I was expecting to see a hotter battery than mainboard during charging. Maybe they are reversed? Even so. Why would the Pebble concentrate on the battery temperature over the system temperature?

The WheelLog temperature matches my wheel apps. The temperature is the control board temperature on the KingSong and Gotway wheels. It would be nice, but none of these wheels have separate temperature probes probably because what's important is the circuit board temperature.

Who knows why he decided to call it Battery Temperature :confused1:

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

The WheelLog temperature matches my wheel apps. The temperature is the control board temperature on the KingSong and Gotway wheels. It would be nice, but none of these wheels have separate temperature probes probably because what's important is the circuit board temperature.

Who knows why he decided to call it Battery Temperature :confused1:

So battery appears to actually be the control board.

I wonder what this other value is then? The number does change on my V8 while charging. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

So battery appears to actually be the control board.

I wonder what this other value is then? The number does change on my V8 while charging. 

This is why I specifically said Gotway and KingSong. I have nothing authoritative to say about Inmotion. Maybe they do have multiple sensors?

Hopefully this is not off-topic, but does Wheellog support 9bot/segway wheels? The more I look into things I expect this will be the app I use once I upgrade and it would be awesome to start using it now with my "starter wheel". (there might be a fairly large influx of new users since the firesale on Amazon) 

5 minutes ago, da5id said:

Hopefully this is not off-topic, but does Wheellog support 9bot/segway wheels? The more I look into things I expect this will be the app I use once I upgrade and it would be awesome to start using it now with my "starter wheel". (there might be a fairly large influx of new users since the firesale on Amazon) 

No, only Gotway, KingSong, and Inmotion.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info @Marty Backe

That's what I had gathered from reading through the thread but was hoping for some undocumented basic universal interface among wheels (hope in one hand and all that). 

Once I get a handle on this one I will get my upgrade and be able to upgrade my app experience as well. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, da5id said:

I wish it did, Wheelog shows more info than the ninebot app.  I am pretty sure there are only two apps that work with 9bot, the official app, and the old Ninedroid app available in this forum in the down loads section.  I have both due to the forced app upgrade fiasco a few months ago.  Can't register Ninedroid app so some of the functions are not available, for instance can't do level calibration because the lock function is not able to be turned on, but the speedometer and all the basic info works great.  One way it is better than the new app, you can see power usage on the main screen, really useful to have.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Shailingford said:

I didn't try for this wheel log yet. But I would like to try for it. :)

Really, so why don’t you tell us what wheel you have got and how you use it, so we can see whether wheellog will be any use to you - always assuming you actually HAVE a wheel and know what wheellog is as you are posting lots of one line meaningless comments that make me think you are a spammer?

On 12/17/2017 at 4:04 PM, da5id said:

An update on my previous answer regarding the old ninedroid app still working on Ninebot.  I just got my S1 yesterday, I tried to connect with the old app and it would not connect.  It will work with my E+.  

Apparently, only the latest Ninebot app will work with the Segway/Ninebot S1.  It works very well, however.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

With Pebble support ending in 2018 June, has anyone looked at doing things for its nominal successor, Fitbit's Ionic? I'm considering getting one since the company is offering a $50 (USD) discount to existing Pebble users, and wondered whether there were any other EUCers with one already.

Whether or not anyone else has one or will get an Ionic, I'd like to try to port WheelLog once I actually buy one.

2 minutes ago, Pyrolupus said:

With Pebble support ending in 2018 June, has anyone looked at doing things for its nominal successor, Fitbit's Ionic? I'm considering getting one since the company is offering a $50 (USD) discount to existing Pebble users, and wondered whether there were any other EUCers with one already.

Whether or not anyone else has one or will get an Ionic, I'd like to try to port WheelLog once I actually buy one.

Pebble watches will continue to function after June. I've never needed support yet so it won't affect me when support goes away :)

I only use my Pebble watch for riding so I don't care about some of the other functions which will go away.

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, HermanTheGerman said:

@palachzzzPlease can you tell me if the latest wheellog version is 2.04 ?

I ask, because I have difficulties to connect it to my KS16S (works only after 4th or 5th try or so).

Thanks for any info.

i have a version 2.05 on my phone - and as far as i remember it's from here from this topic...

But connection's are not as reliable as they used to be (in the good old times :) )

• Like 1

On 9/10/2017 at 1:39 PM, palachzzz said:

Hi, 

It started somewhere here, it was just improvement to make WheelLog working with Inmotion. But then I was asked about some improvements for KingSong and Gotway as well.

So I think it is time to move it here.

Improvements regarding the version from the market (not all, I don't remember all, but you can read previous topic about changes if interested):

- Inmotion support, including wheel setting control (tested, work fine with V8, work not bad with others), extended logs
- KingSong: negative current, correct start with FW 1.25, wheel setting control (untested)
- Gotway: some minor fixes, wheel setting control (partially tested)
- Top speed reset from menu
- User trip counter (can be reset from menu, not affected to wheel or app shutdown)

Known issues: 
- Xiaomi devices may often lose connection with Inmotion (problem in Xiaomi Bluetooth implementation)

All previous versions ahould be removed before installing

WheelLog_10092017.apk

When is it coming to iOS?

13 hours ago, GoinPostal said:

When is it coming to iOS?

Presumably never. There is already darknessbot and gyrometrics (?not really maintained by now?) - maybe some iphone-programmer is bored/dedicated to wheellog and decides to try another ios app... But imho if someone starts to programm an app for IOS he'll make it as he likes/prefers and not another wheellog...

On 21.4.2018 at 2:40 AM, HermanTheGerman said:

@palachzzzPlease can you tell me if the latest wheellog version is 2.04 ?

I ask, because I have difficulties to connect it to my KS16S (works only after 4th or 5th try or so).

Thanks for any info.

you first have to connect it one time to ks app after powering on the wheel....then power of ks app....after that it should connect directly to wheellog....

• Like 1

I have tried to reconnect to my V8 both with Inmotion App and Wheellog but nothing seems to work.

I think I connected first time with Android 7.1 on my Samsung Note 8. Now it runs oreo or Android 8.0.

I have tried to detach battery to reset wheel but I still can't reconnect or even see it in any BT listing, despite I can see other BT devices. 

Any have a working wheellog version for Inmotion V8 and Android 8.0?

23 minutes ago, Unventor said:

I have tried to reconnect to my V8 both with Inmotion App and Wheellog but nothing seems to work.

I think I connected first time with Android 7.1 on my Samsung Note 8. Now it runs oreo or Android 8.0.

I have tried to detach battery to reset wheel but I still can't reconnect or even see it in any BT listing, despite I can see other BT devices. 

I didn't follow this issue too closely yet because I won't be able to upgrade my current phone to Android Oreo but AFAIR there seems to be an issue with BLE and Oreo at this point. Many apps stopped working when the OS was upgraded, so this is not an issue with a particular app not being compatible but something with the way the BLE is implemented or handled in the latest Android Oreo OS. It might be a permission issue (maybe they added some stuff that is currently not allowed for the installed app) but as I said, I didn't follow this too closely yet to really help you how to get around this issue.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, MacPara said:

something with the way the BLE is implemented or handled in the latest Android Oreo OS. It might be a permission issue (maybe they added some stuff that is currently not allowed for the installed app) 

@Unventor imo one needs the location service (gps enabled) for bluetooth to work?

On 4/30/2018 at 1:25 AM, Unventor said:

I also have issues with Android 8.1 :(

For Inmotion app you need to open the app, go back to home, kill the app from "recent apps" window, then open the app again. It connects on the 2nd-4th time.

No luck with Wheellog whatsoever, when previously had no issues...

On 10/17/2017 at 1:57 PM, palachzzz said:

@julio_map, great news! Thanks from Russian EUC community.

1m5pjah.jpeg

That does look nice and helpful! Still, if "distance" was replaced by "temperature", I think it would be a lot more informative. I check my board temp a lot when riding at high power in the heat and THAT feature would make me want to buy a Samsung Gear just for riding. 

• Like 1