A new surprise inside a Ninebot One C+ battery

smallexis

Today I have opened a 220Wh original NINEBOT battery (from a 9B1 C+) in order to make a repair (change the BMS and replace 2 damaged cells).

And the surprise was to see the brand of the cells which is DLG.

image.png

I beleived models C & C+ had SAMSUNG cells and E & E+ models had LG cells. But 2 years ago I have seen on my 9B1 E (240Wh) that its battery was made with SAMSUNG cells (rather than LG brand). And now I've seen DLG brand rather than SAMSUNG inside a C+ model.
Can we trust about battery's informations?

1 hour ago, smallexis said:

Today I have opened a 220Wh original NINEBOT battery (from a 9B1 C+) in order to make a repair (change the BMS and replace 2 damaged cells).

image.png

I beleived models C & C+ had SAMSUNG cells and E & E+ models had LG cells. But 2 years ago I have seen on my 9B1 E (240Wh) that its battery was made with SAMSUNG cells (rather than LG brand). And now I've seen DLG brand rather than SAMSUNG inside a C+ model.

Nowadays we can....at least on the big brands name.

GW, KS, IM, IPS etc etc...

• Upvote 1

On 9/8/2017 at 4:08 PM, smallexis said:

image.png

Looks like a good company makes them.  http://www.dlgbattery.cn/en/  Made in china, probably under license from LG.  That battery pack looks well made.  But you said some cells were bad, so who knows?

Edited by steve454
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, steve454 said:

But you said some cells were bad, so who knows?

2 cells were damaged due to a BMS default. I have already got the same problem with GW battery with Panasonic cells. So the cell's quality is not the reason. 

I would juste show that Ninebot use different brands for its battery and not only Samsung or LG.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
On 9/11/2017 at 7:30 PM, smallexis said:

2 cells were damaged due to a BMS default. I have already got the same problem with GW battery with Panasonic cells. So the cell's quality is not the reason. 

I would juste show that Ninebot use different brands for its battery and not only Samsung or LG.

How did you know the cell was bad. Did you measure the pack?

I have an issue with a hot spot on my gw tesla. One point of the battery pack on one side heats up.

Also measured the charger and it only outputs 82.5V when measuring at idle aka wheel not connected (and green led on when measuring, so its in the "charge done" mode, does it lower the voltage then or only amps?).

Worried about battery going poof, but maybe its the bms?

I wrote about it here more on detail. Seems like you have had some experience with batteries :-)

https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/12650-battery-degradation/?do=findComment&comment=255388

Edited by Boogieman