Mten3 First Impressions / Review - BUY ONE NOW!!!

Marty Backe

44 minutes ago, Mono said:

The new Mten sounds like a lot of fun then. That's exactly how I spend half the time on my wheel, doing 180ies and 360ies. My main concern now would be the pedal size, they don't look too large. Do you know the dimensions? 

The Mten3 uses the exact same pedals as the ACM. Super comfy :)

• Upvote 3

I've been advertising you on the French forum :D

https://www.espritroue.fr/topic/3442-mten3-vidéo-de-la-mten3-en-action-by-marty-backe/

There are people in my forum who are interested in seeing how easy it is to jump off the road on a sidewalk, and vice versa. If you're tempted to do it on video ... do not hesitate :D. As for me, I'm not sure I can do it right now. Already, I must learn to roll back.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

The Light Is Amazing

Just got back from a night ride. The light on this is amazing. It's a torch light with an incredible throw. You know how KingSong has lights which are actually usable compared to Gotway's pathetic lights? Well the light on this wheel makes the KingSong light look like the old Gotway lights. I can cruise at 15+mph in total darkness and see everything far in front of me. I feel very safe.

Apparently it's in the Tesla wheel too. I think Gotway just stole the title of best headlamp in any wheel.

Congrats on the new wheel, glad to see you have so much fun :)So the question now how much percentage you are going to allocate your riding on each of msuper, monster, ACM, ks14s and Mten. Which is going to be your favorite?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Adel said:

Congrats on the new wheel, glad to see you have so much fun :)So the question now how much percentage you are going to allocate your riding on each of msuper, monster, ACM, ks14s and Mten. Which is going to be your favorite?

That's impossible to answer. I look at my various wheels just like I look at a closet full of my clothes. I get to pick the wheel that I feel like riding at any given moment.

7 hours ago, Stanor said:

I've been advertising you on the French forum :D

https://www.espritroue.fr/topic/3442-mten3-vidéo-de-la-mten3-en-action-by-marty-backe/

There are people in my forum who are interested in seeing how easy it is to jump off the road on a sidewalk, and vice versa. If you're tempted to do it on video ... do not hesitate :D. As for me, I'm not sure I can do it right now. Already, I must learn to roll back.

I don't jump any of my wheels because I don't like the wear-and-tear it puts on the wheels (axles, motor, pedals, etc.).

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I have not been able to turn off the ring lights. The power switch seems to operate just like our other Gotway wheels (power, light on, light flashing, light off).

Let me know if you figure out how to do it. It won't bother me I can't, but I would prefer the option.

I reached out to Gotway a few weeks ago regarding the ring lights. Apparently you can't turn them off, and they would consider this feature on future generations. We know on the Tesla that its possible.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mrd777 said:

I reached out to Gotway a few weeks ago regarding the ring lights. Apparently you can't turn them off, and they would consider this feature on future generations. We know on the Tesla that its possible.

Hey, thanks for letting me (us) know. I won't waste any more energy on this.

With this wheel it doesn't bother me that they are always on. It's such a fun wheel that it kind of makes sense that the lights are always dancing :)

Great Marty, thanks for your effort on the video and review last night. We all appreciate your opinion, looking forward to mine next week!

Edited by Mrd777
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Mrd777 said:

Great Marty, thanks for your effort on the video and review last night. We all appreciate your opinion, looking forward to mine next week!

Reach out to your Gotway contact and confirm that there's no method of determining the battery level except via the app ;)

I've been unable to see any pattern in the ring lights which indicate power level.

12 minutes ago, dmethvin said:

@Marty Backe Would you say this is a good starter wheel for someone? 

No. It's way to squirrelly and therefore hard to control unless you have good skills. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/8/2017 at 9:57 PM, Marty Backe said:

Reach out to your Gotway contact and confirm that there's no method of determining the battery level except via the app ;)

I've been unable to see any pattern in the ring lights which indicate power level.

After watching the video, aren't those 6 white lights on the front battery level indicators?  They stayed constant and were not part of the rotating multicolored light.  It was cool how the brake light would come on and immediately stop the rotating lights.  

Edited by steve454
  • Upvote 1