Mten3 First Impressions / Review - BUY ONE NOW!!!

Marty Backe

12 minutes ago, JrKline "Wheel Whisperer said:

Although I have not had the chance to do a full range test yet,I think I have to concur with @Marty Backe's take on this wheel,this thing is freakin awesome.Although it is a little bigger than the original Mten,it has twice the power and speed.Awesome,totally awesome,as Spicoli would say!

Yes, I need confirmation that I'm not imagining the greatness of this wheel. Thanks :cheers:

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I can do tiny pendulums all day long.

This is the part I like best! :thumbup:

Hate to get down from the EUC when stationary. I'm really high up on my V8, so my pendulums are not always stable ... well, at least at my current skill level (I'm no Hirsute :crying:). Like the MTen3, hope my upcoming Tesla will make pendulums easier too.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Meng Yang said:

This is the part I like best! :thumbup:

Hate to get down from the EUC when stationary. I'm really high up on my V8, so my pendulums are not always stable ... well, at least at my current skill level (I'm no Hirsute :crying:). Like the MTen3, hope my upcoming Tesla will make pendulums easier too.

Pendulums are fun (I'm no Hirsute either), but the little 180's and 360's are even funner on this wheel.

• Upvote 3

The Motor Is Silent

There is no whine that has been characteristic of Gotway wheels of late. Just a nice pleasant hum. You can finally sneak up on people now :D

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

The Light Is Amazing

Just got back from a night ride. The light on this is amazing. It's a torch light with an incredible throw. You know how KingSong has lights which are actually usable compared to Gotway's pathetic lights? Well the light on this wheel makes the KingSong light look like the old Gotway lights. I can cruise at 15+mph in total darkness and see everything far in front of me. I feel very safe.

Apparently it's in the Tesla wheel too. I think Gotway just stole the title of best headlamp in any wheel.

Nice! So seams they have thrown a 10Watt light in...

Hopefully they had also thought about the correct wires for that, as on 5volt it is now running at two amps ;-)

Just a joke :-)

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Meng Yang said:

Looks like it!  :thumbup:

Yes, I saw his video. Still hard to appreciate it in a video, but you're going to love it in actual use.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

I personally would not go over 3 Amps on this wheel!

You have only  2 parrallel packs in it....meaning on everything over 3 Amps (1,5amp per pack) you would be over a 0,5 C Charge!

With 4-5 Amps you still would be under 1 C....but as said, i would be conservative....

I don't understand what "0,5 C Charge" means.

Are you saying it's bad for the batteries or the wiring? This is a bummer. I really like the speed of 4 amps :(

1 minute ago, KingSong69 said:

batteries in your/our wheel have 3500mah...1 C for them is 3,5 Amp..."C" is a term used to rate charging

From my batterie experiences  and for longevity i PERSONALLY would never go over 0,5 C...means not going over 1,75Amp PER batterie pack

when you use 3 Amps charger each batterie pack gets 1,5 Amps....when you use 4 to 5 Amps you are with 2-2,5 Amps per pack over this half C ( but other people say 1 C is still ok, but i haver other experiences)

So for this small wheel with only 2 parallel packs i would not go over 3 Amps...

On our other wheels with 6-8 parallel packs setup the usage of higher Amps does not matter! But here it gets a bit critical!

Thanks for the explanation. I'll take your advice and stick with 3 amps except for any special situations which I need to charge it fast (shouldn't be too often).

:cheers:

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, who_the said:

@Marty Backe Can you explain the battery meter and ring lighting settings, are they similar to what Tishawn described for the Tesla, where you fast-press the power button to cycle between lighting modes? I'm guessing these two wheels share some similarities.

I have not been able to turn off the ring lights. The power switch seems to operate just like our other Gotway wheels (power, light on, light flashing, light off).

Let me know if you figure out how to do it. It won't bother me I can't, but I would prefer the option.

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I don't understand what "0,5 C Charge" means.

0.5 C refers to the charge current which charges the battery from 0 to 100% in 1 / 0.5 = 2 hours. In general, x C refers to the charge current that fully charges the battery in 1 / x hours.

Charge currents below 0.5C (above 2 h) are considered safe for modern batteries, values above 1C (below 1h) may well hurt them.

Edited by Mono
  • Upvote 2

The new Mten sounds like a lot of fun then. That's exactly how I spend half the time on my wheel, doing 180ies and 360ies. My main concern now would be the pedal size, they don't look too large. Do you know the dimensions? 

• Upvote 2