The Gotway Tesla 1020wh Model Open Box and Initial thoughts

5 minutes ago, Meng Yang said:

67V cheaper?

Anyway .....

If you're from America, you may wanna chat with Gotway America. They are taking pre-orders for first production run of Tesla 1020Wh 84V (Sanyo GA) and 680Wh 67V (Panasonic PF) models. US$1,899 for 1020Wh and US$1,549 for 680Wh. 1 year warranty. ETA Nov 17.

https://www.gotwayamerica.com/tesla

Gotway America Tesla price.jpg

I'm not sure I would pay $1899 for the 1020 tesla. Maybe if they release a 1500+ WH version next year it would be more tempting.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, em1barns said:

Why the hell is Gotway keeping the 67v versions on a new wheel?

Because in the end, lower-voltage, higher-current is better as long as the design and components can handle it. Flame-on. :)

That a-aside; i don't think performance of this wheel will be a huge issue so what's the beef?

10 minutes ago, Meng Yang said:

67V cheaper?

Anyway .....

If you're from America, you may wanna chat with Gotway America. They are taking pre-orders for first production run of Tesla 1020Wh 84V (Sanyo GA) and 680Wh 67V (Panasonic PF) models. US$1,899 for 1020Wh and US$1,549 for 680Wh. 1 year warranty. ETA Nov 17.

https://www.gotwayamerica.com/tesla

I don't know why they bother listing the warranty. That's such a joke with all of these wheels. I love Gotway wheels but their warranty  is worthless - everyone knows it. Same with KingSong. Same with ...

Just now, Marty Backe said:

I don't know why they bother listing the warranty. That's such a joke with all of these wheels. I love Gotway wheels but their warranty  is worthless - everyone knows it. Same with KingSong. Same with ...

That bad, huh? :crying:

How about the shops in France? They listed 2 years warranty for Tesla. Will it make a difference? Why or why not? :efef2e0fff:

8 minutes ago, electricpen said:

I'm not sure I would pay $1899 for the 1020 tesla. Maybe if they release a 1500+ WH version next year it would be more tempting.

Yeah, those are pretty steep prices. I don't see the value relative to what you get when buying an 1600wh ACM or MSuper. Must be the trolley handle ;)

3 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Yeah, those are pretty steep prices. I don't see the value relative to what you get when buying an 1600wh ACM or MSuper. Must be the trolley handle ;)

Or one can buy from Singapore at only US$1491 (today) for the 1020Wh Tesla ..... :efeec46606:

Those prices are a bit too high. Looks like GW is upping their prices to the crazy level of Kingsong Western prices. Maybe they need the money due to all the failures and recalls and whatever:rolleyes: Hopefully they'll fall in the future.

Also, why the hell would you build a 67V version of the thing? Maybe they are using old ACM parts and have to deplete their stores?

And the part of the video of the wheel going through water is downright fraud. They apparently think "The board is on top, so nothing can happen if the water is shallower than that height" which is sketchy at best. And if you have to step off and the wheel falls on its side, those supposed ventilation shafts mean water gets in and then it turns out, the implied waterproofing isn't really there. Ugh.

--

What do you guys mean by 6 combinations? I only see 67V 680 Wh and 84V 1020 Wh model?

--

The 2 year warranty in EU is because that's the law for electronics, but some dealer might advertise like it's an extra.

Looks like Green and Fashion Travaling is selling the Tesla for $1300 USD with free shipping.  [Deal Expired]

Looks like Rockwheel Store is carrying them for the same price, but you have to pay a little extra for shipping.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/GOTWAY-Tesla-16-1030WH/32832900555.html

Initially I wasn't keen on the new look, but after viewing Tishawn's video a couple of times I'm really liking it.  :w00t2:  I love the fact the orbital lights make a complete circle all around the wheel while riding.  The contrasting glossy ring light cover with the matte black casing is slick as well as the front and back gloss covers with no middle seam.  

Fit and finish look good, but skid and scratch bumpers might be needed as I'd hate to see what happens to that glossy front and rear plastic during a fall.   At over 40 pounds in weight, I am glad to see the integrated trolley handle which looks even nicer than the InMotion V8.

I'm surprised @Marty Backe isn't drooling over this new model as it does look one step up above all others.  I'm guessing he is more a long range maximum battery rider than a speed demon, but I bet he will own one eventually.  :whistling:  I'm guessing in version 2 they will up the battery capacity as there does look to be extra room present under the hood.  If @smallexis ever goes to the Dark Side, I'd bet Marty's paycheque that he'd be adding batteries in every nook and cranny available.  :efefe00999:

I'm no Gotway early adopter, but this new wheel is awfully tempting.  I might not want to wait for the Ninebot Z to materialize when this wheel is on sale now.

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Looks like Green and Fashion Travaling is selling the Tesla for $1300 USD with free shipping.

https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/32453893500.html

That's a good price I think. Unfortunately no new wheels for me for awhile :crying:

Thanks for the link.

10 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Looks like Green and Fashion Travaling is selling the Tesla for $1300 USD with free shipping.

https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/32453893500.html

Oh God...I forced myself to visit the link. 

8 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

That's a good price I think. Unfortunately no new wheels for me for awhile :crying:

Marty, let's face it, we both may have incurable CEUBD. (Compulsive Electric Unicycle Buyer's Disorder). ;)

6 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Oh God...I forced myself to visit the link. 

Marty, let's face it, we both may have incurable CEUBD. (Compulsive Electric Unicycle Buyer's Disorder). ;)

Yeah thats a good price, I think though my next wheel will be 18"+ since I now own a 10, 14, and 16 already.

2 minutes ago, electricpen said:

Yeah thats a good price, I think though my next wheel will be 18"+ since I now own a 10, 14, and 16 already.

That's my tactic. Own one wheel of every size made :D

9 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Thanks for the link.

Marty- I think that's the only Gotway wheel you don't have. Gotway should just send you the Tesla free with all the free advertising you give them. Lol. 

12 minutes ago, Ethereal said:

Marty- I think that's the only Gotway wheel you don't have. Gotway should just send you the Tesla free with all the free advertising you give them. Lol. 

That would be nice :D

On 06/09/2017 at 10:07 PM, Tomek said:

looks better than expected! I only don't get why they've designed the shell so tall. it looks like it could have easily been made more compact.

The Tesla has, like the MCM4 and unlike the MCM2/3 or Msuper, the motherboard located horizontally above the tire. Hence the shape resembles more the MCM4.

1 minute ago, Mono said:

The Tesla has, like the MCM4 and unlike the MCM2/3 or Msuper, the motherboard located horizontally above the tire. Hence the shape resembles more the MCM4.

I meant the distance between the motherboard compartment and the handle. I see the design justification for that : the lights fit in-between and make a perfect circle... but it makes the wheel some 5cm taller than necessary. 

We're going ahead with a limited test order of the Tesla.

• It comes in seven battery configuration/variants, 3x of 67v & 4x in 84v
  • Compared to the ACMs+, the wholesale/volume prices have increased quite significantly. The 1020Wh is more expensive than the 1300Wh ACMs+
  • Our preorder price for the 1020Wh model is going to be $1,450 
  • Ship date is expected around the first week of November

uc?export=view&id=0B-WCZQc2gfJjRmR0dFRuL

Archived