Southern California Cogswell Dam - Sept 4th 2017

Marty Backe

Join a group of us (@Stan Onymous, @noisycarlos, @JrKline "Wheel Whisperer, and @YoshiSkySun)  as we ride the northern section of Cogswell Dam. This is a beautify paved trail about 9 miles long that follows a running river. You'll never believe that you are in Southern California. The round trip is between 20 and 25 miles depending on the diversions that we take. Departure will occur ~9am. For planning purposes, the drive is ~30 minutes from the intersection of the 605 & 210 freeways.

See here for our last ride, including a video of the ride:

Please pay attention to the notes at the beginning of the post linked to above. It tells you where we will meet.

Please respond to this post so that we will know that you are coming. There is ZERO cell phone coverage at this location.

You will need a $5 Angeles National Forest Day Pass unless you want to risk receiving a $100 parking ticket. They can be purchased at Big 5 Sporting stores and other locations. See this link for additional information:

@nbxpq3 @Sketch @Roll Model @enigma35 @csmyers @jrkline @noisycarlos @Questor @swvision  @Ando Melkonyan @abinder3 @captainwells @Tjtripp @Sven @unowheel

@Mushuukyou   @Alsayyad @Marvin Ong  @HeavyGoing  @Kimosabi @zentype @n2eus @Peter Q

6 minutes ago, Sven said:

@Jason McNeil hasn't shipped my monster yet... let me know if i should reserve heli evac towards afternoon :) 

Thanks for the thought ;)  Fortunately we're taking the very mellow north route which is mostly flat and paved.

16 minutes ago, Alsayyad said:

I'm in! I'll see you guys there!

~Yasin

Fantastic. Remember, it'll take 30 minutes from the 605 & 210 regardless of how fast you think you can drive ;)

5 hours ago, Sven said:

I went to the dam this morning on my grom. It was totally fun :) 

There was an insane number of people there. Traffic and parking was horrible. But once we got onto the dam trail things were great.

49 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

There was an insane number of people there. Traffic and parking was horrible. But once we got onto the dam trail things were great.

Unfortunately on the ride out,one of @Marty Backe's former wheels,an ACM now owned by @noisycarlos,popped the tire and left him stuck 8 miles from the parking area.I used my Monster and seated riding skills to carry the ACM on my lap back to the parking area to save poor @noisycarlos a helluva long walk with a "boat anchor".:D

13 hours ago, Stan Onymous said:

Aside from the question of how @noisycarlos got back from 8 miles out on the trail without a wheel. I hope the video or photo thread will also answer why @Marty Backe was rock climbing the dam? 

IMG_0512.JPG

That's hilarious. Why exactly was I climbing a hillside during a group ride  :confused1:  :facepalm:

2 hours ago, noisycarlos said:

Man, I came home lied down to take a nap and just woke up 4 hours later. But it was fun today, and thanks for the help :-)

That was quite a day. We were out on the trails for over 4 hours, plus a long lunch, and travel time. No wonder you were tired - I'm about to go to bed for 12 hours ;)

On 9/4/2017 at 11:54 PM, Marty Backe said:

That was quite a day. We were out on the trails for over 4 hours, plus a long lunch, and travel time. No wonder you were tired - I'm about to go to bed for 12 hours ;)

Maybe I'll get an Iota and throw it in the backpack next time  

Archived