Wrist Guards That Won't Break Your Arm

14 minutes ago, steve454 said:

I didn't recognize @Rehab1, the pictures showed up small on my screen, now I remember that video where he fell, didn't get hurt.  

Yeah, I'm going to make this real big next time and clearly identify the talent behind the fall as @Rehab1 :D

23 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

The idea of rolling and not stiffening up is great advice, especially to protect the wrist and arms.  Unfortunately practicing these techniques on a EUC may pose a greater risk to the rider even when going slow.

Most EUC pedals are twice as high off the ground than a skateboard so the impact to the rider will be greater.

Consider the speed of a stable free falling  average sized adult ( you decide what is average).  Without any other kinematic principals factored in (ie: displacement, initial velocity and final velocity) you fall at the elapsed rate of 16 feet (4.87m) the first second traveling at 10 MPH (16 kph). If it takes you 2 seconds to fall (not sure why) you would have tripled your speed to 30 MPH ( 48kph) and traveled an elapsed distance of 62 feet (18.8m). 

36570923710_2e7546dbb4_b.jpg

Given this data if I were to practice this rolling technique off an EUC I would prefer to be as low to the ground as possible. To me the Luffy or Mten sound like good options.

You make me feel like I'm in school again...except this time I am listening. Lol. I just received my Smith Scabs Wrist Guards and they are so sick, so comfortable and low profile. As far as practicing falling, I think it's just like dealing with emotions, you learn to use them by falling over and over through the course of life, until your reflexes keep you from getting hurt...as much.

On 9/1/2017 at 2:13 PM, caelus said:

That's why such gear is not used among professionals (motorcycling, longboarding, snowboarding, etc).

Yo @caelus IMHO You should probably do some research before you speak for a world of extreme sports pros and the ams that, from what you say, all take their wrist protection off as soon as they become pros. Lol

On 02/09/2017 at 10:33 AM, meepmeepmayer said:

Wrist guards aren't only for protecting your wrist from breaking, they are also there to protect your hands/palms from getting grated in slower-speed falls on gravel etc.,

You can use gloves for that. And those protect your fingers too.

"Also":)

I think it's subjective what people want protective clothing for. My personal #1 use (from experience) is I want impact protection for the heels of my hands. No bruises, no pebbles lodged in my palms, this kind of stuff. So a hard surface is needed, which gloves don't have. Wrist guards are the only thing I know that do this, the wrist part I care far less about.

Archived