New Kingsong APP (Android)

ToffeeGirl

6 hours ago, Christoph Zens said:

I had the same problem using gmail, but then I found out it is working. The mail just ends up in the spam folder, due to its strange sender:

I consider this a bug. No app should generate mails like this.

@Flora Yuan, can you forward this to the app developer? This is highly unprofessional. Also, why do I need to unlock a wheel for higher speed in the new app which is already set to 35kph via the old app? Maybe we should collect a bug list to get things fixed, because I don't see any improvements. Even though there are app updates (I think I installed 3 of them so far), the bugs I see are still there. Same for the riding mode vs. learning mode mixup. I reported this a while ago, still the same problem after installing the latest update. The voice command OFF setting also gets reset on a regular basis (to ON) and has to be turned OFF again... :(

The ranking system for mileage is also not working at all. I assume mileage is only recorded if you have the app running and connected to the wheel while riding, which is not going to happen. Ninebot had this implemented correctly. The wheel tracks mileage on its own. Starting the app at a later time, it correctly accounts for the miles ridden since the last app connection.

Also, average speed calculation is done wrong. It includes the entire ON time of the wheel, including times when the wheel is not moving at all. The result is an average for going from A to B, including all breaks (met someone and talked to him for 10 minutes) and stops at red lights, which is a useless number and not my average riding speed.

Well, at least the wheel itself is great. The software isn't.

I agree with all the above, but I gave up.

I think they do not care much about the quality of the app.  However, as long as they build great wheels, I also don't care, because I use WheelLog.

I assume you know, that the latest version of wheellog shows both average riding speeds, with and without pauses ?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Asylsteirer said:

I assume you know, that the latest version of wheellog shows both average riding speeds, with and without pauses ?

Oh, I didn't know that! Thanks for the heads up, I will check it out. So, we can just use the KS app for firmware upgrade and wheel configuration and otherwise forget about it. Sounds good to me. Does WheelLog now connect to the KS16S on its own? I tried today while riding to work but couldn't get a connection.

7 hours ago, Christoph Zens said:

Oh, I didn't know that! Thanks for the heads up, I will check it out. So, we can just use the KS app for firmware upgrade and wheel configuration and otherwise forget about it. Sounds good to me. Does WheelLog now connect to the KS16S on its own? I tried today while riding to work but couldn't get a connection.

Actually, with the new wheellog most of the wheel configuration can be done also, by sliding the screen to the right, and select "Wheelsettings". :)

I use the KS app only for firmware upgrade now.

And yes, it just connects (and reconnects, after the wheel was turned off) to the KS16 immediately without any problems (of course must be also enabled for "location").

Latest version can be downloaded here:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3cjKgEvoZ5XeVRtU3FibG9fMHM/view?usp=sharing

Thread about it from the new developer is here (but use the link above, because there are several older versions with bugs also linked, the above one is from his latest download posting, and it works very well for me):

Archived