ToffeeGirl

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, HermanTheGerman said:

Sigh. :ph34r:

Why can't I resist .... :innocent1:

As I thought.

I only allow the app location and storage access, all else I deny (I don't e.g. see a reason why this app should be able to do phonecalls).

In this case display is only chinese, and if I want to enter one of the functionalities (in chinese, of course, so that I need to guess), it just crashes with a chinese errormessage.

No, thanks.

3 minutes ago, HermanTheGerman said:

As I thought.

I only allow the app location and storage access, all else I deny (I don't e.g. see a reason why this app should be able to do phonecalls).

In this case display is only chinese, and if I want to enter one of the functionalities (in chinese, of course, so that I need to guess), it just crashes with a chinese errormessage.

No, thanks.

Hmm, I also have granted only these two permissions but the language came up English after the App upgrade. To change the language manually, select the "person" icon from the bottom bar (third from the left), then the "Settings" entry (last one in the list), then the third entry from top (system language). The second entry from the list of languages is English.

1 hour ago, Christoph Zens said:

Hmm, I also have granted only these two permissions but the language came up English after the App upgrade. To change the language manually, select the "person" icon from the bottom bar (third from the left), then the "Settings" entry (last one in the list), then the third entry from top (system language). The second entry from the list of languages is English.

This did not work on my phone (Samsung S5).

I did exactly what you said, it stayed chinese.

At the end I thought it might need a net connection, and turned on wireless. Then a white window popped up looking like download, and by guessing I pressed ok (in chinese), and after downloading and upgrading it changed to english.

OK, though I believe this is not "production ready" :innocent1:, it is o.k. for a Beta.

It also did no longer reset the wheel to 25 km/h, and all the crashes are gone which I saw at the first beta, but what I didn't like is:

.) I had difficulties to connect the wheel, it took me a few minutes trying around with bluetooth and the app,

.) On the firmware upgrade page it showed me there is a new version 0.00 available instead of my 1.25, but being rather sceptic I didn't try to download it,

.) entering the speed settings is only possible when I register at some Kingsong page (Which I will do, but I hate it to register somewhere just to change settings of something local).

Anyhow, thanks for encouraging, I'll give it a serious try now.

Just now, HermanTheGerman said:

I did exactly what you said, it stays chinese.

At the end I thought it might need a net connection, and turned on wireless. Then a white window popped up looking like download, and by guessing I pressed ok (in chinese), and after downloading it changed to english.

I was referring to the updated version. I assumed you already did the upgrade and still got Chinese only, so that would have been the way to change the language manually. The way to upgrade the old beta to the new one (multi-language) was posted before, so I guessed you already did that.

About the account, I tried to register via the app, but that didn't work. Pressing the "verification code" button did nothing (did not send any mail to my account). After a second try, it only said "System Busy" in a small "Toast" message (Android term for the black message overlays at the bottom of the page). Please let us know in case you managed to register.

27 minutes ago, Christoph Zens said:

I was referring to the updated version. I assumed you already did the upgrade and still got Chinese only, so that would have been the way to change the language manually. The way to upgrade the old beta to the new one (multi-language) was posted before, so I guessed you already did that.

I used the updated version mentioned above, and thought it would already start in english as mentioned, but it didn't.  I assume, the language pack is in the internal app download, maybe they are not allowed to put filedownloads made in other languages on chinese servers, this will change when the app goes to google playstore.  I don't have another explanation.

27 minutes ago, Christoph Zens said:

About the account, I tried to register via the app, but that didn't work. Pressing the "verification code" button did nothing (did not send any mail to my account). After a second try, it only said "System Busy" in a small "Toast" message (Android term for the black message overlays at the bottom of the page). Please let us know in case you managed to register.

It worked for me, I pressed the verification button several times, and it also showed "system busy" some times, but I got an email from a chinese sender, whole email body in chinese, but somewhere in the middle there were 4 numbers.  I used these numbers as verification code in the app, and it worked.

Maybe now is a good time to try, because in China now it's evening, possibly not so many people on the verification server ?

BTW, the earliest birth date which can be entered is 1st January 1970, so I need to stay illegal on this site, or I'm just MUCH too old for riding a Kingsong wheel ! :lol:

8 minutes ago, HermanTheGerman said:

It worked for me, I pressed the verification button several times, and it also showed "system busy" some times, but I got an email from a chinese sender, whole email body in chinese, but somewhere in the middle there were 4 numbers.  I used these numbers as verification code in the app, and it worked.

Great, it worked! It did before, but these mails, from njmadz@126.com ended up in my spam folder...

What a strange mail domain: 126.com... Why not just send from szkingsong.com?

17 minutes ago, Christoph Zens said:

Great, it worked! It did before, but these mails, from njmadz@126.com ended up in my spam folder...

Right, because not only the spamfilter assumes this is spam, but also WE do of course. :)

However, good that it worked.

BTW, I'm also HermanTheGerman there, will see if I can collect some points today. :lol: (Although my age is wrong, as mentioned above).

On 9/8/2017 at 7:27 AM, Christoph Zens said:

I was able to register via the app. There was a step that took so long that I thought the app was hung, and another where I got that "System Busy" message, but only had ho retry once. My verification link went directly to spam, since it's entirely in Chinese. It also crashes every time if I try to upload a profile photo.

20170910_092827.png

On 9/8/2017 at 2:11 PM, ToffeeGirl said:

New version available: 20170905 Kingsong_Android APP (中英文版).apk

http://www.kswheel.cn/list-28.html

The interface is now available in English language.

Sharing my experience on the new app...in a nutshell, the app is working well so far (with the English language interface).

The Speed Setting menu provides the feature to unlock the speed limit directly through the app (i.e. you no longer needs to use the Unlocker weblink to get the Unlock code).  

The Unlock code is retrieved by the app  via the GET CODE button in the app. To make this works, you need to register an account (within the App) and fill up ALL information in the Account details. If the information is incomplete, the GET CODE button will return a message prompting you to complete the info.

After getting pass the GET CODE button, the app will provide you with the feature to adjust the speed for the 3 levels of beeping and the tilt-back speed.

The remaining menu items within the app works as expected. I have not encountered any crashes within the App so far..

On 30.8.2017 at 1:26 PM, slarba said:

It's LG Watch Urbane running Android 7.1, but any recent Android smartwatch should do. The app is currently built for api level 25 (Nougat) and for round displays only, but I'll relax the version requirements and add rectangular display layout too.

I just ordered a Huawei Classic, which isn't really what you would call the most recent hardware, but it has a round display (400x400) and got updated to wear 2.0, so it should support standalone wear apps. Could you maybe start to publish this app as an open beta and post the link here, so people can join the beta program and download the app for testing, even if it might not be stable yet? I would run it on the Huawei (and a KS16S wheel) and report back if there are any issues.

Thanks!

On 9/11/2017 at 0:39 AM, ToffeeGirl said:

The Speed Setting menu provides the feature to unlock the speed limit directly through the app (i.e. you no longer needs to use the Unlocker weblink to get the Unlock code).  

The Unlock code is retrieved by the app  via the GET CODE button in the app. To make this works, you need to register an account (within the App) and fill up ALL information in the Account details. If the information is incomplete, the GET CODE button will return a message prompting you to complete the info.

After getting pass the GET CODE button, the app will provide you with the feature to adjust the speed for the 3 levels of beeping and the tilt-back speed.

Thank you for the heads up! I was able to speed unlock using the app - after riding 5km (new wheel). Regarding the "ALL information" bit: You're right. Mine initially failed because my "Job" field was blank. You can't seem to enter anything into the "Telephone" field, but I was able to unlock without it - also without "Personalized signature."

It plays a bit strangely with my version of WheelLog. I have to play three card monte with the KingSong and WheelLog apps to get WheelLog (and the corresponding Pebble app) to show current information.

1. Open KingSong app and connect to wheel
  2. Open WheelLog app and connect to wheel; KingSong app will automatically disconnect
  3. Enjoy

If I connect WheelLog first (on my Galaxy Note 5), it will seem to connect to the wheel (KS-16s), but it will not display updated information.

KS14D user here.

I believe it is NOT SAFE for KS14D users to link up with the app. I was using the original one from KS website and it was fine till I linked with this latest one.

What happening is after patching if you click on any option, you will see a 1.31 update available and stating your current firmware is 0.000000 and proceeds to auto download.

Thereafter my unit Bluetooth is being shutdown and unable to power up. Still waiting for solution to date.

8 hours ago, Citizen_of_Tolaria said:

KS14D user here.

I believe it is NOT SAFE for KS14D users to link up with the app. I was using the original one from KS website and it was fine till I linked with this latest one.

What happening is after patching if you click on any option, you will see a 1.31 update available and stating your current firmware is 0.000000 and proceeds to auto download.

Thereafter my unit Bluetooth is being shutdown and unable to power up. Still waiting for solution to date.

Which app version were you using? The beta version or the release version dated 20170905 from the KS Chinese website?

On 11.9.2017 at 6:39 AM, ToffeeGirl said:

I never unlocked the wheel. After riding 100km, I could set higher max speeds automatically. I still can set any speed limit up to 35kph (KS16S) using the old app. But the new app somehow insists that I must unlock the wheel first, even though I already have 35kph set right now (and still working, so the new app didn't mess with that setting). That's a bug. Why exactly would I need to unlock my wheel now, just because I upgraded the app?

I just wanted to mention, that version 1.32 of the new Kingsong app came out.

I don't see a difference to the prior version, but maybe somebody else finds something.

If you already have an older version, you will do the upgrade from inside the app.

If you don't have it yet, you can download it from my dropbox (it's still not on playstore):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7lj7agdv1r3k98d/Kingsong_Aligned.apk?dl=0

On 27.9.2017 at 12:36 AM, Asylsteirer said:

I just wanted to mention, that version 1.32 of the new Kingsong app came out.

I don't see a difference to the prior version, but maybe somebody else finds something.

If you already have an older version, you will do the upgrade from inside the app.

If you don't have it yet, you can download it from my dropbox (it's still not on playstore):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7lj7agdv1r3k98d/Kingsong_Aligned.apk?dl=0

Thanks, I installed from your APK. In-app upgrade didn't work for me this time, always opened up something in the browser for a brief moment, but nothing else happened.

There seems to be a bug regarding translation: The three riding modes in the new app are listed as (top-down):

• Expert
  • Beginner
  • Medium

This order doesn't seem to make much sense, and it looks like it's only the translation that's wrong. The middle one, which is called "beginner" in the new app, is selected when one sets Riding Mode in the old app. Likewise, setting Learning Mode in the old app will show as medium setting in the new app...

• 2 weeks later...

I have both Apps running, and have noticed the riding mode mix-up. too.  I am curious, though - when I select to turn off voice  prompts, the symbol shows a line through the megaphone, but my 16S still announces "Hello, Kingsong!" and "Bluetooth connected!" when I turn the wheel on.  I have tried turning it off on both versions of the App.  Have I confused it with two versions of the App?

BTW, I have upgraded firmware to 1.02.

i can't register in the app. v 1.33

when i hit "get verification code" button  , i get a message ("get verification code again") and notthng happens.

I suppose that a code would be send to my email adres, but nothing..

as long as the code is not set in th "verfication code box" , it gives me "incomplete information"

when i try ,verification with mobile: i get "not correctly formated",  , so how is correctly formatted , in what way ? +xxxxxxxxxxxx or 00xxxxxxxxxxxx

any help?

1 minute ago, LuneL said:

i can't register in the app. v 1.33

when i hit "get verification code" button  , i get a message ("get verification code again") and notthng happens.

I suppose that a code would be send to my email adres, but nothing..

as long as the code is not set in th "verfication code box" , it gives me "incomplete information"

when i try ,verification with mobile: i get "not correctly formated",  , so how is correctly formatted , in what way ? +xxxxxxxxxxxx or 00xxxxxxxxxxxx

any help?

Did you use an gmail Email account? as far as i know this dont work...take another account.

Phone dont work at all.....

1 hour ago, LuneL said:

Indeed , no gmail THX!

I had the same problem using gmail, but then I found out it is working. The mail just ends up in the spam folder, due to its strange sender:

On 8.9.2017 at 1:58 PM, Christoph Zens said:

I consider this a bug. No app should generate mails like this.

@Flora Yuan, can you forward this to the app developer? This is highly unprofessional. Also, why do I need to unlock a wheel for higher speed in the new app which is already set to 35kph via the old app? Maybe we should collect a bug list to get things fixed, because I don't see any improvements. Even though there are app updates (I think I installed 3 of them so far), the bugs I see are still there. Same for the riding mode vs. learning mode mixup. I reported this a while ago, still the same problem after installing the latest update. The voice command OFF setting also gets reset on a regular basis (to ON) and has to be turned OFF again... :(

The ranking system for mileage is also not working at all. I assume mileage is only recorded if you have the app running and connected to the wheel while riding, which is not going to happen. Ninebot had this implemented correctly. The wheel tracks mileage on its own. Starting the app at a later time, it correctly accounts for the miles ridden since the last app connection.

Also, average speed calculation is done wrong. It includes the entire ON time of the wheel, including times when the wheel is not moving at all. The result is an average for going from A to B, including all breaks (met someone and talked to him for 10 minutes) and stops at red lights, which is a useless number and not my average riding speed.

Well, at least the wheel itself is great. The software isn't.

Archived