New Kingsong APP (Android)

ToffeeGirl

7 hours ago, Lukasz said:

I confirm that available here:

http://forum.electricunicycle.org/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=12506

new version of WheelLog does not need Kingsong application to run when connecting to KS16S!  Hurrrrrraaaa!!!   

Big thank You to JumpMaster!!!

Just wanted to mention that the developer has changed to @palachzzz.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, HermanTheGerman said:

It's interesting, that we software guys all own the same scepticism about software. :)

Aside from the (remote) possibility of a software bug triggered by the running communication between wheel and app, which could crash the firmware and cause a faceplant, I think I am even more concerned about the riders attention to what's important while riding. Even looking at the smart watch can cause enough distraction to lead to an unintended dismount.

Just today, driving to work, I crossed a busy street and was concentrating on the traffic, overlooking the fact that a construction worker had placed a black hose right across the street without any warning signs or anything, and given that the roads pavement was still new and pretty black as well, it was hard to see. Hitting the hose at a very shallow angle, it deflected my wheel under my feet and I had to step off and run in order to avoid a fall. Then hurry back and collect the wheel lying in the middle of the road. Things like this can get dangerous.

14 minutes ago, Christoph Zens said:

Do you know if this version already supports the new way the KS16S reports current? The new KS app shows correct reverse current (negative values, I got readings up to -10A going down hill), hopefully WheelLog will be able to support this as well.

7 minutes ago, HermanTheGerman said:

No, I don't know, but I believe it will not, because that was no topic until now.

But talk directly to the new developer, @palachzzz, and ask.

It's not inluded by now - it still has @JumpMaster's limiting to 70A. So also all negative currents are shown as 70A... ;(

@palachzzz- it's just a small change. I've already done this once to @JumpMaster's version: https://github.com/chriull/WheelLogAndroid/commit/7050910d7cd1509cb8d90b5702eb2d45e59399d4?diff=unified

24 minutes ago, Chriull said:

@palachzzz- it's just a small change. I've already done this once to @JumpMaster's version

Great news, thanks! Hopefully it can be patched on the new version at some point, would be great. Otherwise the logs are really not that usable on a KS16S, because the current graph is constantly jumping up to 70A, ruining the scaling of the graph and its readability as a whole.

2 hours ago, Christoph Zens said:

Yes. And every time I start it, it comes up with a screen showing some photos. I always have to switch to the wheel page before it even tries to find and connect to the wheel. Very strange. I will only use it for firmware upgrades and wheel configuration, which is probably the intended usage anyways. It doesn't look like it was meant to be used during riding, and in fact, it's probably a good idea to refrain from using any kind of app while riding, no matter how big the letters are.

I've now tested the standalone Android Wear app I'm developing for a while and it's much more usable than phone version. Here's a pic (the UI is a bit crude but will improve soon). Yes, I will publish it to Play Store :)

ksapp.jpg

14 minutes ago, slarba said:

I've now tested the standalone Android Wear app I'm developing for a while and it's much more usable than phone version. Here's a pic (the UI is a bit crude but will improve soon). Yes, I will publish it to Play Store :)

ksapp.jpg

Very cool. I might eventually get such a watch just to run this app. A quick look on the watch is 100 times better than fiddling with a smartphone mid-ride. What hardware is this, or what system in general would I need to buy? I'm an Android user (7.1 at the moment). Thanks.

Just now, Christoph Zens said:

Very cool. I might eventually get such a watch just to run this app. A quick look on the watch is 100 times better than fiddling with a smartphone mid-ride. What hardware is this, or what system in general would I need to buy? I'm an Android user (7.1 at the moment). Thanks.

It's LG Watch Urbane running Android 7.1, but any recent Android smartwatch should do. The app is currently built for api level 25 (Nougat) and for round displays only, but I'll relax the version requirements and add rectangular display layout too.

10 hours ago, Chriull said:

It's not inluded by now - it still has @JumpMaster's limiting to 70A. So also all negative currents are shown as 70A... ;(

@palachzzz- it's just a small change. I've already done this once to @JumpMaster's version: https://github.com/chriull/WheelLogAndroid/commit/7050910d7cd1509cb8d90b5702eb2d45e59399d4?diff=unified

Try it 

12 hours ago, HermanTheGerman said:

Just wanted to mention that the developer has changed to @palachzzz.

Yesterday I was so excited that the new WheelLog app is here that I did not check that it had been updated by next developer - Big Thank You for Palachzzz!  

Regarding current/log - peaks of 4000W are still displayed. 

On 08/29/2017 at 7:23 AM, HermanTheGerman said:

The latest WheelLog version does no longer have this problem.

Download it here:

http://forum.electricunicycle.org/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=12506

I can't install, get an error message "App not installed". Maybe I should uninstall the first version first? Why isn't the update published on Play Store?

1 hour ago, e_kjellgren said:

I can't install, get an error message "App not installed". Maybe I should uninstall the first version first? Why isn't the update published on Play Store?

It's right, you must manually uninstall the old version first.

After you installed the new wheellog, also don't forget to authorize it again for location service, otherwise BT connection to the wheel will not work.

The answer for the last question I don't know.

12 hours ago, Gytis said:

New KingSong app beta version 2017-08-31 ( images from KingSong facebook fan page).

Download https://share.weiyun.com/10176af290a24b4e4bb19b6c8fc1308f

The companies I use to deal with (DELL EMC, VMWare, Microsoft, IBM, HP, ...) would treat this as an early alpha-version, and it would not be made available for the public.

Default language is chinese, and can only be reset when one registers via the app at a chinese website, 3 of the 8 selections at the bottom of the app lead to a crash, and by using the other 5 I already discovered 3 bugs before I connected the wheel, and after I connected the wheel the speedlimit was reset to 25 km/h without a possibility to change it back.

What I also didn't like, was a permanent chinese message in the lower quarter of the screen, even after the app was closed. This message appeared across all other apps and also on the homescreen. And I also didn't like that the new app shows version 1.3, while the old app shows version 1.4, because that usually is a sign of sloppy software management.

Therefore I deinstalled the crap and reset the wheel via the old app, and will install the new one at the earliest when it was officially available  for at least 6 months at Google playstore, which means not before next year.

I don't want to restart the experiences I already had one year ago with Ninebot's MiniPro. And I hope it is not the same developer.

On 30-8-2017 at 1:00 PM, slarba said:

ksapp.jpg

where to find this version?? works with ks18 ?

On 9/2/2017 at 1:07 AM, Gytis said:

New KingSong app beta version 2017-08-31 ( images from KingSong facebook fan page).

Download https://share.weiyun.com/10176af290a24b4e4bb19b6c8fc1308f

Does anyone have this English version they can post?  This share link has expired.

Thanks!

10 minutes ago, Xoltri said:

Does anyone have this English version they can post?  This share link has expired.

Thanks!

If you have the Chinese beta already, just start it and wait for a dialog box to pop up. It's the upgrade notification. Touch the right button to start the download. Takes forever, must be the great firewall logging every single packet leaving China ^_^ but once it's done downloading, your device should prompt you to install it (if you want to upgrade the app, that is). After the upgrade, it will come up English.

Archived