NOTICE: Recall for GOTWAY MTen3 (Green Fashion)

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Two new wheels in the same week, and you are off work for the week.  That worked out well.:)

Yes, my timing was perfect. Actually, I'm a bit overwhelmed :blink:, but I could have bigger problems in life :D

24 minutes ago, Scatcat said:

So now my ascribing you a lot of wheels are less far from the truth? :D 

Yes. Your post was just a little too early that's all ;)

OK, this wheel is officially a blast. I just came inside the house after I got dizzy doing endless tight circles. Going backwards, rocking back-and-forth to stay in one spot, turning in amazingly small spots, etc. - this wheel does that all perfectly. I'm still a little nervous going over 15mph :cry2:

5 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

OK, this wheel is officially a blast. I just came inside the house after I got dizzy doing endless tight circles. Going backwards, rocking back-and-forth to stay in one spot, turning in amazingly small spots, etc. - this wheel does that all perfectly. I'm still a little nervous going over 15mph :cry2:

Ok Marty, sounds good! Curious how fast the acceleration is compared to your other wheels? Lets take it over 15mph!

18 minutes ago, Mrd777 said:

Ok Marty, sounds good! Curious how fast the acceleration is compared to your other wheels? Lets take it over 15mph!

To be honest I'm not sure if I'm the right person to test the limits of this wheel. I'm certainly not going to try excessive speeds or hard accelerations. I didn't buy it to compete against my ACM - I wanted a safe (powerful) little wheel that I could use around town or throw in the car (under the seat ;)). I'll try and put out a video later today.

37 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Yeeeaah, this little torque small wheels :-) Just a fun to go on small rooms, doing idling and all that great stuff!

Would realy like to try also! Gotway is great in its diversity!!!!  (is that the right word?).... :-)

Have a lot of fun ....Video!!!

4 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

Yeeeaah, this little torque small wheels :-) Just a fun to go on small rooms, doing idling and all that great stuff!

Would realy like to try also! Gotway is great in its diversity!!!!  (is that the right word?).... :-)

Have a lot of fun ....Video!!!

Yes, diversity is the perfect word. All the way from a 10 inch wheel to a 22 inch wheel.

I'm just waiting for the charge to complete so I can first do a range test (I'm hoping for ~32 kilometers).

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, yourtoys7 said:

@Marty Backe have you taken your Mten out for a long ride, your normal mountain rides :), how does it compare to ACM or Msuper? Powerfull motor, decent range, amazing speed and very, very tiny package making me want to get one, hmmm.

Yes, as I posted in my original review, I took it for a range test (a long river trail loop) and achieved 20-1/2 miles. 18 miles with no speed restrictions.

This is not a cruiser. Leave those duties to the ACM, MSuper, etc. It's like a miniaturized version of the ACM in terms of power, torque, and speed. It's really a city wheel, not a trails or long distance runner. See the other thread for lots of commentary and input from other owners:

• 3 weeks later...

While performing tricks and backward 360s I have had a few mishaps so I fabricated another custom silicone cover just like the KS 14C and 16S. It came out pretty good and I no longer have to worry about scraping it up when it tumbles.

I did have to add 3mm foam calf pads to the silicone’s surface to prevent my legs from  slipping when pivoting. Also added  a few little red strips inside the cover. :)

23823733428_b7a6b41f26_b.jpg37418703760_9f73a6abcf_b.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I thought the issue with Gotways nowadays is mostly the wiring and such... Had a brief exchange with EUC Extreme tonight, here's a rough translation of what he had to say:

"The Gotway mainboards break way too easily. I'm tired of constantly exchanging them. On top of that, they can't deliver the correct boards that work with the motors, it causes constant grief. I don't understand how it can be so hard. Apparently they're changing everything so often, that they don't know what board fits to which wheel themselves."

I think he was referring to V3 though.

Original text in Finnish, for the very few here that understand it:

"Gotwayn piirilevy on aivan liian herkästi hajoavaa mallia.

Oon kyllästyny vaihtelemaan niitä jatkuvasti.
Vielä kun he eivät saa toimitettua oikeanlaisia piirejä moottoriin sopivaksi, aiheuttaa hermojen menetystä oikein urakalla.
En käsitä miten se on niin vaikeaa.
Ilmeisesti he muuttaa kaikkea mahdollista niin usein, etteivät tiedä itekkää mikä enää sopii mihinkäkin."

• 2 months later...

Hi . I’m a noob that own’s a mten3 . Recently my wheel have a led light fault . The strip of running colourful light now stay on at white colour when power on. Wheel function fine , but I’m just irritated by the fault. Is there a way to reset it ?

thanks

5 minutes ago, Zap said:

Hi . I’m a noob that own’s a mten3 . Recently my wheel have a led light fault . The strip of running colourful light now stay on at white colour when power on. Wheel function fine , but I’m just irritated by the fault. Is there a way to reset it ?

thanks

The 'ring light' that Gotway uses on the Mten3 is very fragile. There are 3-wires which connect the LED light strip to the control board and one (or more) of those wires can break which can prevent the lights from being controlled.

I have the same problem with my Mten3, except sometimes mine does work.

Unfortunately this is a hardware problem, not software. The only real fix is to replace the entire LED light strip. Not too difficult to do but I don't know if that part can be ordered from Gotway or your dealer.

8 hours ago, Zap said:

The strip of running colourful light now stay on at white colour when power on

Actually I bet this looks better. Send us a video of the wheel in motion. I really dislike the circus/clown running light colors, I feel it cheapens the mten3, makes it look like like a hover board toy. I covered mine up.

On 02/03/2018 at 3:01 PM, Marty Backe said:

The 'ring light' that Gotway uses on the Mten3 is very fragile. There are 3-wires which connect the LED light strip to the control board and one (or more) of those wires can break which can prevent the lights from being controlled.

I have the same problem with my Mten3, except sometimes mine does work.

Unfortunately this is a hardware problem, not software. The only real fix is to replace the entire LED light strip. Not too difficult to do but I don't know if that part can be ordered from Gotway or your dealer.

I see . So I’m not the only one with this problem. I will c if my seller is going to warranty it.

Tks

18 hours ago, Mrd777 said:

Actually I bet this looks better. Send us a video of the wheel in motion. I really dislike the circus/clown running light colors, I feel it cheapens the mten3, makes it look like like a hover board toy. I covered mine up.

Here is the pics

4507A6D7-42C3-490F-87D1-FC310EDE01CD.jpeg

On 02/03/2018 at 4:08 PM, Hansolo said:

You can order the LED light strip, I had change it on my MS3.

Does the MS3 use the same leh as the mten3 ?

• esaj unpinned this topic

Archived