New KingSong 18L?

who_the

Speculation on Facebook that the wheel on the right side is the new KingSong 18L. Wheel looks larger than 16 inches but with integrated trolley handle. Shells at back of row look larger and different from 16S too. 

Screen Shot 2017-08-24 at 10.22.27 PM.jpg

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yip...i posted this also:

Thats definitly the new 18L...the Loudspeaker raisings are others to any wheel from KS i know and that they are raised so high speaks for the fact that a lot of battery "layers" have to be placed between them.

Also the big green  capacitor on the Motherboard is only on KS18 boards at this exact place.

pedal pillars look different - 5 screws instead of 6 - this is for sure new design... 

Looking forward for the competitive response of Kingsong against Ninebot Z series - Maybe this new design can fit thicker tire? (or can be further modified by additional "spacer" in the central section which will allow to fit thicker tire?)

5 hours ago, Lukasz said:

pedal pillars look different - 5 screws instead of 6 - this is for sure new design... 

Looking forward for the competitive response of Kingsong against Ninebot Z series - Maybe this new design can fit thicker tire? (or can be further modified by additional "spacer" in the central section which will allow to fit thicker tire?)

You a wider tire than a 2.5" tire ?

(the current KS18 configuration already has a 2.5" tire.)

• 1 month later...
On 25/08/2017 at 1:28 AM, who_the said:

Speculation on Facebook that the wheel on the right side is the new KingSong 18L

18L will officially be announced on the 10th of October. Think of the 14D, as an 18" Wheel, with lots of power + 1kWh pack, it should be thin & ergonomic too.   

3 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

18L will officially be announced on the 10th of October. Think of the 14D, as an 18" Wheel, with lots of power + 1kWh pack, it should be thin & ergonomic too.   

84v?

5 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

Awesome news thanks for sharing! I recall discussion about space being limited inside the rounder case of the 18L, but do you know if a larger battery than 1kWh is planned or possible?

Serious EUC makers seem to be standardizing around the 1kWh plateau (18L, Tesla, GT16, Z10), which to me is not quite enough for either 1) overall range and 2) protection against voltage spikes (strong accel or decel) causing cutouts in lower-battery situations. KingSong seems to be addressing this with aggressive, progressive speed limiting as seen in the 14D/S, so I'm of course very interested in how the 18L will limit speed and manage power output as its somewhat-wee battery depletes. For me, the +300 and +600 wh (or +1400, even) of the big Gotway wheels is less about range and more about reliability.

20 hours ago, phatmike said:

84v?

Possibly, they haven't shared this info.

18 hours ago, who_the said:

1) overall range and 2) protection against voltage spikes (strong accel or decel) causing cutouts in lower-battery situations. KingSong seems to be addressing this with aggressive, progressive speed limiting as seen in the 14D/S, so I'm of course very interested in how the 18L will limit speed and manage power output as its somewhat-wee battery depletes

If this pack is configured as a 16s5p = 80 cells, or 20s4p = 80 cells, each cells can comfortable sustain 20W (only half of the rated output); at 1600W of power, there ought plenty of margin to provide full power right up until the get-of-now point of 3v/cell.  

17 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

We at least need some solid specs first :) Intentions is to have them posted by around the 15th.

Why 15th if the wheel will officially be announced already on the 10th? :crying:

18 minutes ago, Meng Yang said:

From Thomas Hoon:

59db3cefac908_KS-18Lspecs(Chinese).thumb.jpg.3b3e9853c5059b850bc26248e67450f1.jpg

I just saw that, too!

WOW!

1800Watt!!!/3500Watt Motor, 84 Volt, 1040wh.....Kingsong finally got into the 84 Volt game :-)

40 kmh, unlock to 50kmh after 1000kmh

What really suprises me are the 1800Watt Motor and the 84 Volt. Thinking how good my 1500W 67Volt Motor works on my 18S, this one will even perform better?

As you can see, it Looks like the 14D, so perhaps later we will see a "18LS" with higher capcity and newer/wider sidepads ;-)

To be honest: Perhaps with wider/bigger  -black- sidepads this Looks even a bit better. I personnaly dont like the look very much. The optics are better on the 14S/16S.

On a big 18 Inch wheel the design of the round Shell over the wheel gets to it's border.....

The 858/1036 Wh battery options are interesting in that the GT2 offers the same two capacities; presumably the same arrangements of cells, 20s4p or 5p. Of course I'd place a lot more faith in the KS's build quality...

For me ~1KWh hits the sweet spot of capacity and weight; any more and it loses some of the portability that's half the point of an EUC. 

3 minutes ago, tudordewolf said:

The 858/1036 Wh battery options are interesting in that the GT2 offers the same two capacities; presumably the same arrangements of cells, 20s4p or 5p. Of course I'd place a lot more faith in the KS's build quality...

For me ~1KWh hits the sweet spot of capacity and weight; any more and it loses some of the portability that's half the point of an EUC. 

858wh are 2900mah cells in 20s4p->80 cells

1036wh are 3500mah cells in 20s4p->80 cells

+: 1800/3500W f*** yeah

+: looks nice and sleek

?: 84V is nice, but untested for KS. Hope there won't be problems and they beefed up their components accordingly.

-: no proper side cushions, for gripping the wheel or simple riding comfort

FFFFUUUUUU: tiny batteries on a high performance, 18 inch comfortable cruising and offroad wheel. 1036Wh/1800W = you can ride for a cool 35mins at nominal until your wheel is empty. Even my 1300Wh ACM gets over 50.

Sincerely hoping the 14S route with wider wheel and more capacity is a possibility (on the 14S vs D, they did not have to change the shell for it though, here it looks like they'd have to, so no luck).

Who at KS do we have to terrorize to get a bigger battery variant? :efef6b27e5:

3 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

(on the 14S vs D, they did not have to change the shell for it though, here it looks like they'd have to, so no luck).

Sure they also had to Change the Shell on the 14S,

the 14 D also only had These tiny, tiny pads on top ..so the 14S needed a new outer Shell....that's why it took so Long to These upgrade

Misformulated that.

I'm not familiar with how the KS are built, but I had the impression for the 14S they just made the black side pads (with the rubber coating) bigger. Were they internal changes to the plastic shell parts (which would be expensive, new molds etc.)?

16 and 18L seem to have "flat" sides, in comparison, which would need to be changed entirely or not at all.

5 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Misformulated that.

I'm not familiar with how the KS are built, but I had the impression for the 14S they just made the black side pads (with the rubber coating) bigger. Were they internal changes to the plastic shell parts (which would be expensive, new molds etc.)?

16 and 18L seem to have "flat" sides, in comparison, which would need to be changed entirely or not at all.

Nope, they had to make new outer Shells for the 14S...actually under the black side pad of 14S is a "expanded" Shell which houses the double Batterie.

Actually  the 16 has no flat side...it is allready widened from the beginning (like the 14S now)

The 14d and 18L look nearly identical...totally flat...just a tiny pad on top. (beside their size, haha :-) )

But whatever....First KS must recognize the Need=the demand for a bigger, more range 18L, so at least it will take another 6 months to see a 1600wh/2080wh Version of 18L :-(

Specs really are great, but not so sure about the looks though. It looks like the casing is too small and sits on the wheel, not around it like on the 14 / 16. Almost looks like 16 case is mounted on 18 inch wheel. And that tire looks thin, probably 2.5 or even less? Don't understand why they don't go with 3.0 on all wheels, it would add some weight presumably but would also give more space for the batteries (like on Ninebot One Z). Hopefully soon we get some better pictures and videos.

1 minute ago, xebeche said:

Specs really are great, but not so sure about the looks though. It looks like the casing is too small and sits on the wheel, not around it like on the 14 / 16. Almost looks like 16 case is mounted on 18 inch wheel. And that tire looks thin, probably 2.5 or even less? Don't understand why they don't go with 3.0 on all wheels, it would add some weight presumably but would also give more space for the batteries (like on Ninebot One Z). Hopefully soon we get some better pictures and videos.

2,5 is the Standard for 18inch? And i dont feel the need for bigger ones on my 18inch wheels. Just adds more friction, so that more power is used for that.

And yip, the case is not completly around the wheel, i guess this will just not work, as it would have to be a even bigger Diameter and look more ugly.

There were Pictures of a first prototype floating around, which had a much bigger bigger case/Shell. This really looked ridiculous :-)

Archived