Cologne Köln with ACM

Roue Libre

Hi german guys,

I see there is a discussion in german, but sorry I don't really understand and Google Translate doesn't work so well there. I plan a trip to Cologne. Should I take my Gotway ACM 1300wh or is it too risky to be stopped by cops and get a fine ? Did you get fines for riding an EUC in Köln or other German cities ?

Cheers

1 hour ago, Roue Libre said:

Hi german guys,

I see there is a discussion in german, but sorry I don't really understand and Google Translate doesn't work so well there. I plan a trip to Cologne. Should I take my Gotway ACM 1300wh or is it too risky to be stopped by cops and get a fine ? Did you get fines for riding an EUC in Köln or other German cities ?

Cheers

Hi - imho the worst thing to happen is that the ACM could be seized/confiscated!

but i have no idea how high the chances are for this - i neither live nor drive in germany...

i'll give them a link to this post in german.

5 hours ago, Roue Libre said:

... a trip to Cologne. Should I take my Gotway ACM 1300wh or is it too risky to be stopped by cops and get a fine ? Did you get fines for riding an EUC in Köln or other German cities ?

Cheers

Free translation from @man-on(e)-wheel's post 

last week he got one point and a fine of €100, and in april (he had no insurance) he almost got a ?criminal process/procedure? - but this happened in a neighbour village.

At least he did not hear of any seizure in or around cologne...

5 minutes ago, Chriull said:

@Roue Libre same news from @Teran:

According to him, you "take your admission to drive an EUC from belgium with you to germany".

Does that work? I mean, in the UK they drive on the left. That doesn't give you the right as UK citizen to drive on the left in Germany.

3 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

Does that work? I mean, in the UK they drive on the left. That doesn't give you the right as UK citizen to drive on the left in Germany.

As @Teranhad written, you take the admission right and driving right with you. Not the STVO (all the legal rules and rights for driving) - so for speed limits, side of the road to drive, fines, etc are only german rules applicable.

Archived