Strange sound

SuperSweetPanda

Hey guys, Today i was going to the store and on the way back after i hop on the EU i hear strange sound after 5-10 secs. Something like "grrrrhhhhhhh" I panic little bit and try to stop fast but i fail and i just fall down. After that i run diagnostic on my phone and it say all is good. I notice that my batery is on yellow. Under 40% or so. Hop on and try to go slowly and all was fine. I reach home slowly but this sound bother me. Is something that i need to worry about or is just bcs the battery was on yellow and i try to acelerate too fast. I read on forum that if this happend you will fall down. Im fairly new raider and have no idea what the hell is goin on. If someone got any experiance with this things pls share.

21 minutes ago, SuperSweetPanda said:

Hey guys, Today i was going to the store and on the way back after i hop on the EU i hear strange sound after 5-10 secs. Something like "grrrrhhhhhhh" I panic little bit and try to stop fast but i fail and i just fall down. After that i run diagnostic on my phone and it say all is good. I notice that my batery is on yellow. Under 40% or so. Hop on and try to go slowly and all was fine. I reach home slowly but this sound bother me. Is something that i need to worry about or is just bcs the battery was on yellow and i try to acelerate too fast. I read on forum that if this happend you will fall down. Im fairly new raider and have no idea what the hell is goin on. If someone got any experiance with this things pls share.

What wheel do you have?

6 minutes ago, Paddylaz said:

hear strange sound after 5-10 secs. Something like "grrrrhhhhhhh"

To be perfectly honest, from your description it sounds like nothing more than something has been picked up by your tyre and got trapped, temporarily, between the tyre and the inside of the case. 

I can think of no reason why a low battery would cause that sort of sound - but you would know better than us whether the sound could have been machanical or electrical?

7 minutes ago, Keith said:

To be perfectly honest, from your description it sounds like nothing more than something has been picked up by your tyre and got trapped, temporarily, between the tyre and the inside of the case. 

I can think of no reason why a low battery would cause that sort of sound - but you would know better than us whether the sound could have been machanical or electrical?

I dont know how to describe the sound. My wife say for her sound more electrical maybe. For me sound more like the wheel have hard time to move. Like if something keep the wheel on one place but the motor keep trying to spin it. I rly don tknow how to describe it. Was super strange sound. But after that it took me around 10 min to go home and it was no problem. I was going with 12-14km per hour without any problems. My biggest fear is that maybe im too heavy for the wheel i got. I know i fit in the max kilos and to be honest i dont try to push it or something. I try with 15 km normally and dont go jumping and other stuff. I drive like old lady. Forsed myself to do more exsercise so i can lost more and to stop thing about this max kilos problem. Other then this i notice that i full charge the wheel. I spend like 20 min practising outside. Then me and my wife go 2 times to the same store. This is like 1.7Km in on direction. So it  worst case its 7km in total. My batery is already on yellow. I read that batery and distance depends on the raider wight so this also make me thing maybe im just too heavy for it and need to leave it untill im less heavy. That super sad since i have a lot of fun riding it.

56 minutes ago, SuperSweetPanda said:

Inmotion V5F

Thought so.

I've had it too on mine. Sounds sort of like a computer error noise, right? A kind of low sudden buzz noise. Like a sudden 'errrrr' that sounds almost like it's coming from the speaker, right?

I think, this is a total guess:  it's some sort of bug where the software is trying to make the warning voice come on but it hits a glitch. I get it every now and again, so far no problems.

1 minute ago, Paddylaz said:

Thought so.

I've had it too on mine. Sounds sort of like a computer error noise, right? A kind of low sudden buzz noise. Like a sudden 'errrrr' that sounds almost like it's coming from the speaker, right?

I think it's some sort of bug where the software is trying to make the warning voice come on but it hits a glitch. I get it every now and again, so far no problems.

Yeah i think is exactly this. I gues i just got panic and fall bcs i rly try to stop. Other then this all is fine :) Tnx for the answer you rly make me not so nervous bcs i was start to think i break it.

4 minutes ago, SuperSweetPanda said:

Yeah i think is exactly this. I gues i just got panic and fall bcs i rly try to stop. Other then this all is fine :) Tnx for the answer you rly make me not so nervous bcs i was start to think i break it.

Yeah it shocked me first time I heard it to. A sudden, short, low-frequency noise that sounds like someone touching an electrified fence or something.

Again, it's a complete guess but I think it's a glitch with the speaker....?

30 minutes ago, SuperSweetPanda said:

My wife say for her sound more electrical maybe.

OK, this will still be a guess, but I think the sound you are describing may be something I've heard on my KS-14. If it is forced too hard, for example, in my case the wheel suddenly sticking in a pothole in the road - but I'm only 73Kg. I,e, You do get that sort of noise if the motor is briefly overloaded and cannot turn, but it could also have just been a foreign object.

How heavy are you? Really, if you are very heavy it is just a case of being a bit more gentle on the wheel. If it is the motor complaining it will only be that you leaned forwards too far for your weight, lean a bit less and you will put less strain on the wheel and it will be fine. 

If you are very heavy it will only be trying to accelerate too fast or going up a long hill that might overload the motor.

EDIT: OK, just seen @Paddylazhas replied and his reply sounds much more likely - it would still be useful to know how heavy you are though?

1 minute ago, Keith said:

OK, this will still be a guess, but I think the sound you are describing may be something I've heard on my KS-14. If it is forced too hard, for example, in my case the wheel suddenly sticking in a pothole in the road - but I'm only 73Kg. I,e, You do get that sort of noise if the motor is briefly overloaded and cannot turn, but it could also have just been a foreign object.

How heavy are you? Really, if you are very heavy it is just a case of being a bit more gentle on the wheel. If it is the motor complaining it will only be that you leaned forwards too far for your weight, lean a bit less and you will put less strain on the wheel and it will be fine. 

If you are very heavy it will only be trying to accelerate too fast or going up a long hill that might overload the motor.

Yeah i think this might be also. I rly thing the sound is like Paddylaz describe it but in the same time is like you say also. Im 115kg right now. Was with backpack from the store but i got there like max 1kg stuff. The max load on my model its 120kg and as i say i start exsercise rly a lot more and watch what i eat so i can just lost kilos so i will be not worried about breaking it. 

Archived