Strange sound in Kingsong 18s

Bambino

Hello, i use google translate so i can explain:

I need your help

Yesterday, I started to hear a noise while riding the unicycle. Thw noise is like something toc.... toc.... toc... is not constant.
But if I'm not riding the unicycle, I can not hear. The sound only happens if i am riding...

How can i see what could be? I have to open? 

Any suggestion?

when it is upside down and you turn it on does it make the noise?  if it only makes the noise ever rotation, then it has to be something in the tire.  just need to inspect it carefully.  i don't think you need to open it.

I had a similar Toc Toc noise.  This may sound obvious, but check that the valve stem is not pointing outward from the motor.  If it is, the valve stem will hit the inside of the wheel case and cause your Toc Toc noise.  There is some play in the valve stem so that you can point it back inwards toward the motor.  Hope this is the simple fix for you that it was for me.

On 8/17/2017 at 5:49 PM, Bambino said:

I take a picture for you to see...

Is the valve ok?

pipo_1.jpg

To me it looks like the valve stem in pointed out to the side.  You could let all the air out, then turn the valve stem to where it is closer to the rim and not sticking out so much.  Then air it up and ride it.  Maybe it is hitting the shell when riding with your weight on the pedals.

1 hour ago, steve454 said:

To me it looks like the valve stem in pointed out to the side.  You could let all the air out, then turn the valve stem to where it is closer to the rim and not sticking out so much.  Then air it up and ride it.  Maybe it is hitting the shell when riding with your weight on the pedals.

If the valve stem is part of the tube (which I believe it is) I'd be surprised if you can turn the valve stem.  That would probably twist the rubber of the tube where the valve stem attaches and possibly damage the tube. 

(Tubeless tires you can twist the valve stem.)

If the sound is still there when you ride, try removing the cap on the valve stem to see if that is hitting something and making the noise. 

(I ride my KS18AY without the cap all of the time because it's hard to get it back on with the tire pumped up to the max pressure.)

37 minutes ago, abinder3 said:

If the sound is still there when you ride, try removing the cap on the valve stem to see if that is hitting something and making the noise. 

(I ride my KS18AY without the cap all of the time because it's hard to get it back on with the tire pumped up to the max pressure.)

I agree, take off the valve cap, it's not necessary. However, you might have a defective tube.

I think this might be the same problem that I recently had with my new KS-18A.

I recieved the unit 3 months ago.

When I first started using it I had a very low toc - toc - toc sound, but only while driving it. Assumed it was just the valve, as it was sticking slightly outward on my unit. After using it for a few days the sound got more and more intense, to the point where I figured it must be something mechanical.Sending the unit in for repair confirmed that the motor axle was defect, and needed to be replaced. King Song, replaced the whole motor under warranty and sent it to my reseller for replacement.

It could be totally unrelated, or it could be worth a look.

1 hour ago, 253848493@qq.com said:

I am inclined to think that if you want to ride a unicycle, you have to be skillful in repairing it. If you do not know how to repair it, don't buy it.

Agreed. I so hope someone (Ninebot maybe) comes out with a "serious" one that is built like a tank. I have had zero luck with KS. Have two of them in need of repair and while I'm fixing them, riding the old trusty Ninebot One E+. 

35 minutes ago, Evel_Knievel said:

Agreed. I so hope someone (Ninebot maybe) comes out with a "serious" one that is built like a tank. I have had zero luck with KS. Have two of them in need of repair and while I'm fixing them, riding the old trusty Ninebot One E+. 

With the help of the members of this forum, i dont mind... I like to open the wheel...

I hope i be able to do that with the videos. Rockwheel tell me to open and send photos...

Archived