Gotway ACM app issues

So i got my ACM yesterday (Yay!) and then connecting with wheellog worked fine (yay!) but after trying to ride it some i realised i still need to calibrate the wheel etc...

But now both wheellog and official app (the version from Marty in the download section) can find the wheel, but don't get any data... :(

Any ideas what could be the cause ?  Is there a way to do a reset?

19 minutes ago, craio said:

So i got my ACM yesterday (Yay!) and then connecting with wheellog worked fine (yay!) but after trying to ride it some i realised i still need to calibrate the wheel etc...

But now both wheellog and official app (the version from Marty in the download section) can find the wheel, but don't get any data... :(

Any ideas what could be the cause ?  Is there a way to do a reset?

You are on android? Correct? You have to give the app ALL permissions! Gps, personal data, etc etc...you have to adjust that in the "Options" of your phone....

2 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

You are on android? Correct? You have to give the app ALL permissions! Gps, personal data, etc etc...you have to adjust that in the "Options" of your phone....

On android (7.1.2) indeed, as far as i can see all permissions are given. It (wheellog) worked yesterday, wouldn't permissions have been an issue then?

Digging in my memory i realized that yesterday I forgot my Mi Band 2 at home (received the ACM at work). So I tried disconnecting it. After doing so connecting to the ACM now works with the Wheellog app, but still nothing with the one from the download section.

1 minute ago, Dancer said:

You have to hit the bluetooth icon in the upper left corner of the main screen.

Tried hitting it a couple of times and then the gotway app seemed to wake up...

So in short the wheel doesn't like to share the bluetooth link with a Mi band 2 (on android 7.1.2). 

2 hours ago, craio said:

So in short the wheel doesn't like to share the bluetooth link with a Mi band 2 (on android 7.1.2). 

It doesn't like to "stay" connected to a set bluettooth link....it is not in Special the Mi band.

Once you are connected to a app (or a Mi band) ....no other Connections are possible until the last one is canceled/disconnected.

Sorry for my permissions "tip"...somehow i overread that it worked yesterday :-)

4 hours ago, craio said:

Only one app can be connected to the wheel at a time. Disconnect the WheelLog app before attempting to connect with the Gotway app. I only use the Gotway app to configure the wheel and then rarely use it. WheelLog is my main go-to app for monitoring the wheel. You may want to buy a Pebble watch if you really want up your game :)

Don't bother with the Pebble watch though.  It is not really that useful past the initial novelty.  Plus, if you wear wrist guards, good luck seeing the Pebble.

A joggers case for your phone that you can wear on your forearm would be a better option, then just have the wheellog app on that.

3 minutes ago, KalSeth said:

Don't bother with the Pebble watch though.  It is not really that useful past the initial novelty.  Plus, if you wear wrist guards, good luck seeing the Pebble.

A joggers case for your phone that you can wear on your forearm would be a better option, then just have the wheellog app on that.

I continue to use my Pebble watch on every ride. It's not a novelty. I like to know my riding speed remaining battery (especially on long rides). Temperatures are also useful when I'm riding in the mountains. It's also cool to be able to glance and see your total trip mileage.

I have Velcro on mine so that it's attached to my wrist guard.

Oh, when I get a text my watch buzzes and I can read the text on the watch. 

The Pebble continues to be essential riding gear for me. YMMV.

5 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Only one app can be connected to the wheel at a time. Disconnect the WheelLog app before attempting to connect with the Gotway app. I only use the Gotway app to configure the wheel and then rarely use it. WheelLog is my main go-to app for monitoring the wheel. You may want to buy a Pebble watch if you really want up your game :)

I just got a Pebble now Wheellog is working with Inmotion wheels. If you do this be sure to go for the Pebble Time or similar. Initially I got the classic steel version but got lots of issues with torn and garbled screens in the first 24 hours. I found out that this is a common issue with the classic range but usually seen after several months of use. You can fix it by taking the watch apart but I saw no desire to do that on a new item. I sent it back. The Pebble Time is a newer design. It has a higher resolution screen (The dial in WheelLog is smoother), color (not really important), but also allows more setting to customize like being able to set a hot key to any button, not just the center one. It is also $30 cheaper on Amazon ($53). Be aware though Pebble has gone out of business and there is talk of servers being turned off in 2018. When that happens I'm not sure how you will re-download apps etc or even if the higher functions of the watch will work. I hope to have worked on an Android Wear version by then but I have a lot of learning to do.

Archived