44 minutes ago, RooMiniPro said:

Proper behaviour would be not being naked and spitting at elderly people while riding.

That's a very vague question.  Can you elaborate? 

I've noticed that the Segway is king of the sidewalks and so proper behavior is required.

I'm connecting and acknowledging strangers more than I ever have walking.

So, politeness follows.

Since I ride (march 2016/3000km), if I meet people who are interested, I stop, I explain and often I make them try the mini, i think had try my mini to more 200 persons, at the supermarket, at tabacco store, at stop bus, neighbors, kids from el barrio veccino, when my mini bip near olders ladies i said with great smile " he s beeping each time i cruise superbes women ;)

Often I laugh with the people who look at me, I say that I have taken 15 kg since I have it because I no longer walk to go shopping

There are young and proud bodybuilders near the river with a gym outside, when I go I make them laugh I show my stomach and my bulges and I say that I am tired with my ride

When there are cars behind me and I block the traffic a little, I stop, I put myself on the edge to let them pass

1 hour ago, jojo33 said:

Since I ride (march 2016/3000km), if I meet people who are interested, I stop, I explain and often I make them try the mini, i think had try my mini to more 200 persons, at the supermarket, at tabacco store, at stop bus, neighbors, kids from el barrio veccino, when my mini bip near olders ladies i said with great smile " he s beeping each time i cruise superbes women ;)

Often I laugh with the people who look at me, I say that I have taken 15 kg since I have it because I no longer walk to go shopping

There are young and proud bodybuilders near the river with a gym outside, when I go I make them laugh I show my stomach and my bulges and I say that I am tired with my ride

When there are cars behind me and I block the traffic a little, I stop, I put myself on the edge to let them pass

So, like me, your outdoor social life has increased.

If MiniPros continue to be sold then more users is a strong future possibility.

Many seem to admire the value of gliding with a MiniPro.  In the city.

8 hours ago, Rocky Romero said:

So, like me, your outdoor social life has increased.

increased really, since 8 years im living here, it's only since i ride my mini i received the "attention", like im a little worried, i invite to try, i explain, and begin by "touch the pads with 2 fingers, you will see the force/power" before people climb on it,  People are really enjoying, happy, the few they ride, it's a pleasure for me too

1 hour ago, jojo33 said:

increased really, since 8 years im living here, it's only since i ride my mini i received the "attention", like im a little worried, i invite to try, i explain, and begin by "touch the pads with 2 fingers, you will see the force/power" before people climb on it,  People are really enjoying, happy, the few they ride, it's a pleasure for me too

I've only had the MiniPro for a couple of months and because it's summer, we ride often outdoors.

I will greet people, smile and thank them for allowing me to pass by.

When stopped, conversations about the MiniPro begin.

Because no one else has them, we are getting to be recognized locally.

Yes, it's enjoyable to connect with people.  More so than riding a bicycle or other familiar device.

Maybe because I can just stop, ride slow, tower over most people and be among them.

riding mini is not for riding fast, i understand a lot of owners who wants get more speed, but, with more speed could you stop you and share this moment with others people ?

(and it's better to have a crash at 17kmh than 20kmh)

The old thing about "sail before steam" perhaps applies - in this case, pedestrians are "sail" and the MP is "steam".  Just bear in mind that pedestrians can turn, reverse, jump in the air, etc etc without warning, and with more agility than a MP rider.  So, treat them with respect and caution mixed.  And they were there before you were!

6 hours ago, Ozpeter said:

The old thing about "sail before steam" perhaps applies - in this case, pedestrians are "sail" and the MP is "steam".  Just bear in mind that pedestrians can turn, reverse, jump in the air, etc etc without warning, and with more agility than a MP rider.  So, treat them with respect and caution mixed.  And they were there before you were!

Well said.

Last week, a lady with a baby carriage pulled suddenly in front of my wife riding a MiniPro.  Both stopped quickly.  An embarrassing accident averted.  It could have gone wrong in many ways.

Pedestrians do have the right of way and are highly unpredictable.

I go slower in crowds, just stay still or simply walk the MiniPro.

On 8/13/2017 at 7:10 PM, Rocky Romero said:

I've noticed that the Segway is king of the sidewalks and so proper behavior is required.

I'm connecting and acknowledging strangers more than I ever have walking.

So, politeness follows.

Just don't be a Todd

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2017 at 11:46 AM, SegwayMiniPro said:

Just don't be a Todd

Okay, I won't.

What's a Todd?

I'm more than ever convinced that the Segway MiniPro will fulfill the hopes of the original Segway in 2001.  More so than any other device, EUC, bicycle, or hover board, the self balancing MiniPro or MiniPlus is ideal for sidewalk transport.

Yet, I don't see many or any Minis in Chicago.

Maybe, it's taking off in popularity in China?

This is puzzling considering traffic congestion and transportation discussions gearing up for cities.

Yes, bike rentals have taken a modest hold, but not significant bike usage like Copenhagen.

There is much uncertainty in transport evolution that I think people are waiting for some magic to appear.

I don't think the Teslas of the world will affect cities yet.  It's 20 years until autonomous vehicles.

So what happens until then?

On ‎25‎.‎08‎.‎2017 at 3:43 PM, Rocky Romero said:

Okay, I won't.

What's a Todd?

I'm more than ever convinced that the Segway MiniPro will fulfill the hopes of the original Segway in 2001.  More so than any other device, EUC, bicycle, or hover board, the self balancing MiniPro or MiniPlus is ideal for sidewalk transport.

Yet, I don't see many or any Minis in Chicago.

Maybe, it's taking off in popularity in China?

This is puzzling considering traffic congestion and transportation discussions gearing up for cities.

Yes, bike rentals have taken a modest hold, but not significant bike usage like Copenhagen.

There is much uncertainty in transport evolution that I think people are waiting for some magic to appear.

I don't think the Teslas of the world will affect cities yet.  It's 20 years until autonomous vehicles.

So what happens until then?

Still no MiniPro to see around my area yet... Even after they began to sell them rather cheap in a few big electronic chain stores in Norway.

3 hours ago, Vik's said:

Still no MiniPro to see around my area yet... Even after they began to sell them rather cheap in a few big electronic chain stores in Norway.

It's over for the MiniPro.

Given a choice of about the same cost, I would pick the MiniPlus.

Everything is slightly improved on the MiniPlus and the robotics is built on the same platform.

I'll start selling my MiniPros when it's possible.

16 hours ago, Rocky Romero said:

It's over for the MiniPro.

Given a choice of about the same cost, I would pick the MiniPlus.

Everything is slightly improved on the MiniPlus and the robotics is built on the same platform.

I'll start selling my MiniPros when it's possible.

I see no reason to sell mine. They work and do their job perfectly.

MiniPlus is just another "mainland China"-version that doesn't appeal to me personally. Intel/Segway Loomo Project on the other hand is interesting.

4 hours ago, Vik's said:

I see no reason to sell mine. They work and do their job perfectly.

MiniPlus is just another "mainland China"-version that doesn't appeal to me personally. Intel/Segway Loomo Project on the other hand is interesting.

Time (about 2 years) and lack of parts will inevitably sunset the MiniPro for you.

Wear and tear will make the decision for you to consider another device.

The riding experience continues on newer devices.

I am on my second season with both E+ and MiniPro's. Not much to write about in regards of maintanace/wear in general. Very happy with them. Not even tires are worn to any significant degree.

If there going to be some exciting new things in EUC's/balancing vehicles I'll consider to get them, and add them to my fleet.

1 hour ago, Vik's said:

I am on my second season with both E+ and MiniPro's. Not much to write about in regards of maintanace/wear in general. Very happy with them. Not even tires are worn to any significant degree.

If there going to be some exciting new things in EUC's/balancing vehicles I'll consider to get them, and add them to my fleet.

I also would prefer to stay with the Segway brand and family of products.

I forget that there is a longevity built into electrical devices.  Less wears out.  I thought the tires would wear out faster and replacing them seems to be arduous.

Connecting with people has been a pleasant, newly found experience for me, while riding.

It helps to smile now that I have a gliding comfort level.

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/13/2017 at 5:21 PM, RooMiniPro said:

Proper behaviour would be not being naked and spitting at elderly people while riding.

That's a very vague question.  Can you elaborate? 

Riding mostly in crowded city streets, I often say something to let people know that I’m behind them. I thank them as I pass them for stepping aside.

Recently, I started to use a hand bell that works well for alerting people from behind.  It’s the same as a bicycle bell that I’ve heard often from rental bikes.  Most people must be familiar with the sound so that it works to make them aware of enough to look behind.

843F693D-ED68-460B-A400-C2A16D33FA77.png

• 1 month later...

Archived