Gotway Mten3 time limited promotions

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, who_the said:

Might be funny if it wasn't deceptive and unethical. For the record, Chen supplied me with the same "Monterey Park" tracking number. 

@Rehab1 has bought a wheel direct from China right? Did it come via Fedex or via boat?

I'm wondering if there's a two part delivery process. First is a slow passage across the Pacific to a Monterey Park area distribution center and then Fedex takes it from there. So Chen may create the Fedex shipment label so that it's ready once the wheel gets to California.

It's probably going to be a few more weeks :(

6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

has bought a wheel direct from China right? Did it come via Fedex or via boat?

Amazon drone. :) I just opened my email from Chen and have the same Monterey shipping label. Unfortunately any company/ individual can create a shipping label ahead of time and use it to pacify their custom customer base.

36912898905_c4cd0b3735_b.jpg

6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

@Rehab1 has bought a wheel direct from China right? Did it come via Fedex or via boat?

I'm wondering if there's a two part delivery process. First is a slow passage across the Pacific to a Monterey Park area distribution center and then Fedex takes it from there. So Chen may create the Fedex shipment label so that it's ready once the wheel gets to California.

It's probably going to be a few more weeks :(

That's exactly what i described with my post....

When my Tracking number was produced...it was produced by UPS in Netherland/Europe(and not China)....and then stands still for a Long time(7-10days)....as i have said the tracking from China to Destination Country is "not Happening" or muted...

But that's all fine and how it is supposed to work

12 hours ago, FreeRide said:

If these were black ones it would be even more exciting.  If these work well, they will be the portable wheel to beat.  These could become serious short commuters.

I agree. A black carbon version would be nice. There are many ways to change the color including painting.

Last night I spoke with a dad who is going to have his child's cranial band vinyl wrapped by the company he works for. The company is located just 15 minutes from me. They are called CGS imaging:  http://cgs-imaging.com/index.html and they will wrap just about anything. If they can wrap a cranial band they can wrap my Mten. Now I just need to find an awesome photo/graphic that will be look great on my Mten when it finally arrives.

cranial-galaxy-3

DOC-Band-couch-pic-v2-690x260

9 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

I agree. A black carbon version would be nice. There are many ways to change the color including painting.

Last night I spoke with a dad who is going to have his child's cranial band vinyl wrapped by the company he works for. The company is located just 15 minutes from me. They are called CGS imaging:  http://cgs-imaging.com/index.html and they will wrap just about anything. If they can wrap a cranial band they can wrap my Mten. Now I just need to find an awesome photo/graphic that will be look great on my Mten when it finally arrives.

cranial-galaxy-3

DOC-Band-couch-pic-v2-690x260

Wow is that ever a cute picture of the kids!  All wheels are relatively small vinyl wraps sound like a great idea.  it would be nice to wrap it differently after some time and it would look like a new wheel.

12 minutes ago, FreeRide said:

Wow is that ever a cute picture of the kids!  All wheels are relatively small vinyl wraps sound like a great idea.  it would be nice to wrap it differently after some time and it would look like a new wheel.

Thanks! My wife had Octuplets! No more wheels for me!:crying:

I still need to find out the price. I'm sure it depends on how labor intensive the project is. I thought the white Mten could use a make over.A design like this on the sides might work.

gas tank wrap

7 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Thanks! My wife had Octuplets! No more wheels for me!:crying:

I still need to find out the price. I'm sure it depends on how labor intensive the project is. I thought the white Mten could use a make over.A design like this on the sides might work.

:)  Or you get them all wheels :)   Your wife would probably insist on a mini bus... 

The white one definitely needs a wrap... I don't really like any white wheels though.

As I already posted in another thread, my MTen is being delivered tomorrow (Thursday). I must say, I'm pleasantly surprised that it's arriving so soon.

:clap3:

On 9/7/2017 at 1:49 AM, Marty Backe said:

As I already posted in another thread, my MTen is being delivered tomorrow (Thursday). I must say, I'm pleasantly surprised that it's arriving so soon.

:clap3:

Congrats! Mine arrives the 12th (or so). :w00t2:

13 minutes ago, electricpen said:

Just came home and Santa left a present in a FedEx box. Probably won't have time to try it out until tomorrow night or sometime Sunday though.

Fantastic. At least take it out of the box and charge it up.

I'll be curious to hear what your impressions are.

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Fantastic. At least take it out of the box and charge it up.

I'll be curious to hear what your impressions are.

I couldn't resist taking it out for a quick spin before bedtime. It was showing 50% battery and the tire pressure showed 9 psi out of the box, so I inflated it to the 30psi printed on the tire. First impressions? I've never been on a 10" wheel before and it is super twitchy and it doesn't feel stable right now at speeds much higher than 15-18 mph I'd guess. That might get better with a little practice though. It can essentially turn circles in place. I was able to do tight circles about 2' in diameter or less. Tighter is probably possible if I got better at twisting the wheel around rather than just leaning since it is light enough to be muscled around a bit I think. That ability to turn on a dime is what makes me nervous about higher speeds though. It feels like it turns on rails which is amazing but I feel like if I turn like that going above 20 mph I'm going to break my knees from the quick momentum change. Pendulums are indeed much easier on this wheel as well. It is definitely interesting and fun to ride, I'm not sure I would commute on it just yet but maybe once I get more used to how it handles. I did hit a fair sized bump and it seemed to take it well. Probably absorbs bumps as well or better than the 14" ninebots.

2 minutes ago, electricpen said:

I couldn't resist taking it out for a quick spin before bedtime. It was showing 50% battery and the tire pressure showed 9 psi out of the box, so I inflated it to the 30psi printed on the tire. First impressions? I've never been on a 10" wheel before and it is super twitchy and it doesn't feel stable right now at speeds much higher than 15-18 mph I'd guess. That might get better with a little practice though. It can essentially turn circles in place. I was able to do tight circles about 2' in diameter or less. Tighter is probably possible if I got better at twisting the wheel around rather than just leaning since it is light enough to be muscled around a bit I think. That ability to turn on a dime is what makes me nervous about higher speeds though. It feels like it turns on rails which is amazing but I feel like if I turn like that going above 20 mph I'm going to break my knees from the quick momentum change. Pendulums are indeed much easier on this wheel as well. It is definitely interesting and fun to ride, I'm not sure I would commute on it just yet but maybe once I get more used to how it handles. I did hit a fair sized bump and it seemed to take it well. Probably absorbs bumps as well or better than the 14" ninebots.

I agree regarding the speed and stability. For me, 15mph is about as fast as I want to go, which is OK. With a little more practice you'll see that you can effortlessly turn within a 6 inch circle - basically the tire just about spins in place when you give it a little twist with your legs.

Want to have some fun (if only momentarily)? Pump the tire to 45 psi. I'm joking in that it's not to fun because of how twitchy it becomes. I'm running at ~35psi.

My MTen3 arrived about noon just as I was leaving for a meeting. I charged it up and took for about an hour ride when I got home this evening.

A few initial impressions:

• My first quick ride was at 35 psi and sport mode. As others have said, it felt over caffeinated and jittery. This wheel is full of pop and agility, and doesn't need things cranked to the max. I dialed the tire pressure back to 30 psi and, after trying all modes, my initial preference is for the softest mode. Perhaps paradoxically, acceleration felt more comfortable and approachable in the softest mode. I'm not sure if 30 psi is ideal and may continue to adjust and observe.
  • Wheel was calibrated perfectly level upon arrival. I usually calibrate to a very mild (0.4 - 0.6 degree) tilt back, but found it too much on this wheel. Running 0.2 now and it feels comfortable.
  • As reported, front light is very bright, and with a long (and high) throw. Rather than casting down toward the ground in front of you, the center of the light beam travels almost directly straight ahead. Great for visibility, but not so good at illuminating the pavement (in which seeing imperfections at night could be crucial on such a small wheel). I don't know if this is just my copy or if it can be somehow adjusted.
  • There is a milder version of Gotway hum at idle, definitely present.
  • Reached 35kph, cruised at 32/33 "comfortably;" definitely felt fast but also capable. Ran over a few grates and other bumpy pavement, seemed unfazed. No trails yet.
  • You can hear the cooling fans turn on and off, I heard it during calibration and at other times.
  • Overall build quality, materials, fit and polish seems high, possibly a step up for Gotway, a la Tesla. Multiple Gotway QC stamps (08-25-17).
  • Very small, and yes, cute. But not light; beefy construction throughout. Not a toy, a serious wheel.

6 hours ago, who_the said:

As reported, front light is very bright, and with a long (and high) throw. Rather than casting down toward the ground in front of you, the center of the light beam travels almost directly straight ahead. Great for visibility, but not so good at illuminating the pavement (in which seeing imperfections at night could be crucial on such a small wheel). I don't know if this is just my copy or if it can be somehow adjusted.

Same deal with the Tesla. I'm pretty sure the light is fixed, so no angling down. I guess you would still need to employ a 2nd bike light angled down.

7 hours ago, who_the said:

My MTen3 arrived about noon just as I was leaving for a meeting. I charged it up and took for about an hour ride when I got home this evening.

A few initial impressions:

• My first quick ride was at 35 psi and sport mode. As others have said, it felt over caffeinated and jittery. This wheel is full of pop and agility, and doesn't need things cranked to the max. I dialed the tire pressure back to 30 psi and, after trying all modes, my initial preference is for the softest mode. Perhaps paradoxically, acceleration felt more comfortable and approachable in the softest mode. I'm not sure if 30 psi is ideal and may continue to adjust and observe.
  • Wheel was calibrated perfectly level upon arrival. I usually calibrate to a very mild (0.4 - 0.6 degree) tilt back, but found it too much on this wheel. Running 0.2 now and it feels comfortable.
  • As reported, front light is very bright, and with a long (and high) throw. Rather than casting down toward the ground in front of you, the center of the light beam travels almost directly straight ahead. Great for visibility, but not so good at illuminating the pavement (in which seeing imperfections at night could be crucial on such a small wheel). I don't know if this is just my copy or if it can be somehow adjusted.
  • There is a milder version of Gotway hum at idle, definitely present.
  • Reached 35kph, cruised at 32/33 "comfortably;" definitely felt fast but also capable. Ran over a few grates and other bumpy pavement, seemed unfazed. No trails yet.
  • You can hear the cooling fans turn on and off, I heard it during calibration and at other times.
  • Overall build quality, materials, fit and polish seems high, possibly a step up for Gotway, a la Tesla. Multiple Gotway QC stamps (08-25-17).
  • Very small, and yes, cute. But not light; beefy construction throughout. Not a toy, a serious wheel.

0.2? Wow, you really dial things in ;) I'm pretty casual about my calibrations - Hmmm, looks more or less level :)

I did a lot of night riding and it seemed to give me great visibility of the road conditions ahead of me. I don't recall if it lit the area immediately in front of the wheel (if that's what you're talking about), but when you're moving that's less important (I think?).

Interesting, I've only run it in the hard setting. I'll have to try the softer modes. But for reversals, etc. hard mode always makes that stuff easier.

35kph - wow, you've got big cahonies :D

Meh. 

e-kickboard scooters have a common wheel size of 8-11" and often go 45-75km/h comfortably.

10" EUC going 35km/h should be no issue as long as you know to ride favoring one leg, like any fast EUC; dunno what all the fuss is about...

46 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

10" EUC going 35km/h should be no issue as long as you know to ride favoring one leg, like any fast EUC;

I don't plan on riding fast, but that is an interesting thing you said about favoring one leg.  I've never seen anyone say that before.  Do you mean kind of turning the upper body slightly?  Like if you turned slightly to the left, that would be favoring the right leg?

Archived