Ninebot Z series

Michael Lutge

Any info on the actual weight of the machines themselves? 150 kg theoretical rider weight sounds great for fatties like me - and you have to consider that fatter, lazier people might prefer EUCs over more strenuous modes of transport.

I especially like the fat tire - I was just commenting in another thread that fat bike tires could be very useful for EUCs.

56 minutes ago, Michael Lutge said:

Holy crap! This series looks unbelievably amazing. Does anyone have information on release dates and availability?

Pricing and specs: https://evnerds.com/electric-vehicles/e-unicycle-hoverboard-news/ninebot-one-z-electric-unicycle-price/

Video:

Great link, says it was inspired by Batman and all the best features of the best wheels like Gotway and Kingsong.  You can see in the photo to the right the Batman ears.  The Chinese pricing for the lowest priced version ($750) sounds about right, but with shipping to the US and dealer markup, I bet it will be closer to $1100-$1200 USD.  I wonder if it will even be available in the US, what with Segway generally keeping their vehicles to a top speed of about 12mph for safety reasons.  

1 minute ago, steve454 said:

Great link, says it was inspired by Batman and all the best features of the best wheels like Gotway and Kingsong.  You can see in the photo to the right the Batman ears.  The Chinese pricing for the lowest priced version ($750) sounds about right, but with shipping to the US and dealer markup, I bet it will be closer to $1100-$1200 USD.  I wonder if it will even be available in the US, what with Segway generally keeping their vehicles to a top speed of about 12mph for safety reasons.  

Aliexpress/ebay resellers to the rescue!

I bought my ninebot one s2 from eBay for $700 and had to scratch for that. The aliexpress vendors were high on ninebots. I wonder when they will go to market. Please don't tell me for at least a month.

3 minutes ago, electricpen said:

Aliexpress/ebay resellers to the rescue!

Yeah, but what if they geo lock them like Inmotion?  Wait, wasn't there a workaround for that?  By using a Chinese VPN or something?  But that would be a big hassle for me since I can barely operate this computer.:crying:

1 hour ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Lots of chatter here and in multiple threads:

Yes, this might be the biggest announcement of the summer.  It is almost hard to believe.  Ninebot doing something this radical, I mean.  Here's hoping that it is going to be sold in the US.  The wide tire by itself blows away anything the other brands have.   Zima LHotz and MSuper are not that wide.   Might even be too wide.  And tubeless?  That would be easy to repair with a plug kit.    Plugging a tire is pretty easy, but you would still need a tire pump in the backpack.  Maybe this new tubeless tire is also more puncture resistant than the older tires.  I have had no flats yet however, knock on wood.  @MaxLinux have you seen the size of this tire, do you think it would be better or too much?

1 hour ago, Michael Lutge said:

Holy crap! This series looks unbelievably amazing.

I was surprised to see this, because I thought S2 was the best we were ever going to see from Ninebot/Segway. It looked to me like Ninebot/Segway was not interested in seriously competing in the EUC market. Now I'm hoping this might be an indication I was wrong!

25 minutes ago, steve454 said:

@MaxLinux have you seen the size of this tire, do you think it would be better or too much?

I like it!

I do agree, there is a limit to my general principle that "wider is better." I am not sure at what point a tire is too wide. I am pretty sure this one is too wide though:

39 minutes ago, MaxLinux said:

If you ignore the tire, this EUC is very thin. Where do they put the batteries?

Go to Facebook. You will see some nice exploded diagrams/pictures that show where the batteries go. Impressive.

5 minutes ago, Bob Eisenman said:

The batteries location is seen in part of the video.

37095.png

How many batteries is that?  I counted 24 and then they seem to curve off on the sides?  That is very unusual battery configuration, don't know if I like it or not.  But it looks like they put as many batteries as possible.:o:huh:

And then again, like @Marty Backe said, we have to take this with a grain of salt.  It could be that Ninebot is never going to do this.

33 minutes ago, steve454 said:

How many batteries is that?  I counted 24 and then they seem to curve off on the sides?  That is very unusual battery configuration, don't know if I like it or not.  But it looks like they put as many batteries as possible.:o:huh:

And then again, like @Marty Backe said, we have to take this with a grain of salt.  It could be that Ninebot is never going to do this.

I sooooo want this wheel to be true. With these new expanded pictures I'm beginning to think that it's real. Unless it's costs $3000 I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy one as soon as available. When. Wheeen. WHEN!!! :dribble:

2 hours ago, steve454 said:

I didn't see the link (no Facebook), but it was inspired by Batman?  :lol:  I was joking about that, but it looks like they took the idea and ran with it.  Nice!

One way to keep speeds low and safe is to limit the speed by default and make users click a disclaimer in the app before allowing them to unlock the higher speeds.

Archived