63 old guinea pig

novazeus

I read someone said wd-40 takes off the tape residue. I posted a pic of my KS-16s taped up with the foam a couple days ago but I'm not that close to removing it yet since I still drop my wheel and have it tumbling and skidding all over the place sometimes.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i guess i'll attempt the ninebot one s2 first, people say to start on a small wheel and then if i feel adventurous, try the ks-16s, and if i'm still alive, see what the ks-18 feels like. from everything i can glean from the internet, i guess i'll be on the ninebot for the training. logically it seems a bigger wheel would be easier to balance side to side. i'd hate learning in a hilly area. i inline skated a lot, and i still hate change in grades. i dragged a skate, never used a brake.

Actually, if you read around quite a few people think the smaller wheels are harder to learn on. The bigger ones can go faster which could theoretically be more dangerous but other than that I think the big ones are often considered easier. The heavier wheels are theoretically more stable and a little less twitchy which is better for beginners. I haven't tried my s2 yet though because I haven't gotten around to padding it up and plus I already am making good progress on my KS-16s so I figure I may as well finish up learning on it rather than spend time getting used to another new thing while I'm still at the beginner stage.

5 hours ago, JimB said:

I actually never "fell" practicing, was able to step off - sometimes with the wheel falling wildly.

That's similar to my experiences. This might be hard to believe, but my body has only hit the ground once while riding my EUC! I've had plenty of falls, but only the wheel falling and/or careening and/or bouncing. The ironic thing about the single time my body did hit the ground is I was not actually riding! I was on level ground about to start my ride, stepped onto the wheel, and immediately fell over!

You might be wondering why I did not fall over when first learning. It's because I learned on a balcony with a wall on one side and a rail on the other, so I could always save myself when starting to fall. Once off the balcony, riding in open space, I fell many times, but I was very fortunate in these "falls" that only the wheel hit the ground.

5 hours ago, novazeus said:

I can't figure out the feeling of being on one from the internet. Idk if it's difficult side to side balance or front to back balance or both.

Think about riding a bike.  You can fall over sideways, but not forward/back.  It's pretty much the same.

Now think about riding a bike VERY slowly.  Kind-of hard to keep your balance.  You shift the handle bar back and forth to stay upright.  EUCs don't have a handle bar!

When you're first learning to turn, it feels strange, because you're almost falling, and then the wheel catches up to you.

You'll figure it out.  I have to say that the practice is worth it.  Don't give up.  Once you really get it, it's almost like flying.  I often zig-zag down the sidewalk because the leaning feeling is so awesome.  I little like ice skating I think.

That's why I'm getting 3 wheels to start with, plus I'd probably be buying them anyway. At my stage of life, no use waiting. I wanted to see which one as a rank beginner feels more comfortable on. I see now after research that these have been around awhile, and as many uses they have, I'm amazed that they aren't more mainstream. When I was at the marina, and I saw my first one, I thought how great it was for these cruiser boaters. Ft Lauderdale beach at the Las Olas marina is a hoot. Big boardwalk, people from all over the world vacationing and staging for their cruise, and to be able to bring transportation on your boat, smaller than a bicycle, is amazing. Just makes you think something as handy as a wheel must be impossible to ride. When I saw that sailboat guy, I thought he was controlling the speed from his phone. I was, still am clueless about Segways. Just zero desire. I'm weird. I love tech and toys, but my mind has to see some purpose, end game for it. When I started street riding motorcycles and got comfortable, I was ok got this now what, I don't go anywhere. So my mechanic suggested a little biker bar in north tampa, and I started going there and then started drinking and smoking again and hanging out with women. All bad for your health.

4 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Once you get to the end of your driveway there is a big place to turn around.?

Stop being creepy Bob.  Not cool.

And novazeus, I'd use soft foam with packing tape rather than duct tape.  You might have to retape after a big crash, but the glue isn't as nasty.  And yes, alcohol is usually what I use to get off tape residue from things.  However I really didn't get much tape on the wheel - foam around wheel, tape around foam.

Carpet padding like somebody suggested is probably perfect. Been awhile since I built homes but rebond, I think that's what they called the cheap stuff with the bonded foam pieces. The other was waffle pad, more expensive but probably not as good for protection as rebond. Oh well, had to leave the ranch to get duct tape anyway. Don't have any carpet padding. Maybe I'll cruise through a neighborhood and catch a carpet layer on a new house, I'm sure he'd give me scraps.

Since there's a bunch of young studs on here like myself, I thought I should share this with you. This is how I've extended my life 3+ years so far and just getting Bob Dec. 3rd and 3 shiny new wheels otw, hopefully a lot longer. I know it works but if you have the patience to read it, they explain how it works. It's not just for cancer, it's for everything related to your body and mind (brain).

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3339795/?tool=pubmed

6 minutes ago, Paddylaz said:

This is absolutely, positively, NOT the forum for pseudo-science or snake oil-esque stuff

To be fair the cited article may not be pseudo-science. From the conclusion: "...suggesting that cannabinoids should be considered as agents for the management of prostate cancer. If the hypothesis is supported by in vivo experiments. It is our conclusion that it would be of interest to conduct clinical trials involving medicinal cannabis or other cannabinoid agonists...". Seems not out-of-the-ordinary to me.

It's also not out of the ordinary to believe that the world wide criminalisation of Cannabis has introduced more and graver problems than it has solved.

12 minutes ago, Mono said:

To be fair the cited article may not be pseudo-science. From the conclusion: "...suggesting that cannabinoids should be considered as agents for the management of prostate cancer. If the hypothesis is supported by in vivo experiments. It is our conclusion that it would be of interest to conduct clinical trials involving medicinal cannabis or other cannabinoid agonists...". Seems not out-of-the-ordinary to me.

It's also not out of the ordinary to believe that the world wide criminalisation of Cannabis has introduced more and graver problems than it has solved.

The science on its effect on cancer is dubious to put it generously, but to go further and suggest it's for 'everything related to your body and mind' is an utterly ridiculous, unsupported and unscientific claim. You know it is.

It's about prostate cancer and how I've managed to survive, so far. My first psa was 35.4, my last one was 0.8 12 days ago. Main thing is, check your psa, it costs me $31 and I test every month. Your choice of treatment is yours, obviously, I'm just obligated by God to let you know what I did.

and to let you know something about me. I'm living a second life now. Everything changed over three years ago, when I was told to make funeral arrangements by my doctors. Everything changes at that moment, as maybe you can understand, but really, not until it's you. From then on, not sweating the small stuff, takes on an entirely different meaning.

This whole endocabbinoid thing is pretty new. I can only relay how it has affected me, and 3 more years and counting, I'll take. Right here in Tampa at USF they're researching how it helps/cures Alzheimer's.

33 minutes ago, Paddylaz said:

This is absolutely, positively, NOT the forum for pseudo-science or snake oil-esque stuff

He believes the cannabis helped his cancer when other things did not, and he wants to help other people in the same situation. People can do their own research and make their own decisions.

When the doctors tell you there's nothing they can do for you and you will be dead in 3 months, which they don't do lightly, you might be surprised how well God communicates. That was July 2014.

There's a saying "no atheists in a fox hole" is what I think that means.Watched that Mel Gibson war movie last night Hacksaw Ridge.

2 other cancer survivors with the same prognosis sought me out for advice, friend of a friend thing, and they are both doing fine now. Doctors say they are miracles. I haven't seen a doctor since 2014. This is a pretty big deal. Works on animals, too. I take care of over 150. 22% of dogs die from cancer. About the same for cats. Before putting them to sleep, at least try this.

I really don't care if there is one less human, I'm more about animals, these days. They are innocents.

12 minutes ago, MaxLinux said:

He believes the cannabis helped his cancer when other things did not, and he wants to help other people in the same situation. People can do their own research and make their own decisions.

When the doctors tell you there's nothing they can do for you and you will be dead in 3 months, which they don't do lightly, you might be surprised how well God communicates.

There's an off-topic section for everything, including pseudo-religious bullshit. Let's not infect the main areas of this great forum with that.

Fair?

Archived