forum access problem from Android

Bob Eisenman

Starting this morning I had issues accessing the forum. The displayed page was the picture shown below , seen with Chrome browser.

Access using another browser when Chrome was blocked was permitted.

Clearing Chrome 'data' in the app use page followed by rebooting the device seems to have restored access but the scenario occurred a second time a few hours later.

36789.png

36790.png

36791.png

38 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

I had this too. It is nothing to do with your browser, platform, or device.

I read the text of the 'Invision Power Services ' post too. Clearing the Chrome data has three times restored access, perhaps an unrelated DNS resolution issue.

Given your expert commentary , can you explain why 'Side street Reny' leaves no track on his Beach ride photo?

No I can't explain his levitation. Honestly I had no desire to study what may have been hanging or dragging around the base of his wheel in that image.

But as a computer and web developer with 4 years experience on top of 10 years as a Windows server support engineer working on the trade floor of one of the worlds largest banks I can with some authority (or expertise)  say that the site issue was not browser, platform or device related. There was a config change or a hosting hiccup meaning things were not pointing to where they should have been.

Your machine/phone may have cached the IP originally resolved by DNS (cached IP's have a lifetime) and that perpetuated your issue which could have been cleared by clearing the chrome cache, but that was not the original cause.

Sounds really credible. I was riding my EUC in Danvers, MA yesterday. A new building in an industrial park near the runway of the airport a few hundred feet away bore the name of its occupant.

'HiRes Biosolution's' , occupies the structure which I watched as it was being built from ground up. They are big on robotics and say 'software is the key' on their website:

While I'm familiar with some of their applications (genomics, maldi-tof, hibridoma screening, ) their specialty appears to be software controlled, reconfigurable robotics controlled by their software called 'Cellario'

http://highresbio.com/software/cellario.php

Unfortunately robotics and me have no experience together.

It looks like a great facility for the right person. 

36811.jpg

Perhaps contractors being able to say they were building a 'HiRes' building (but not a high rise) next to the runway was totally coincidental as humor related to height?.

Thanks for your DNS resolution explanation.

I was unable to reach the site yesterday,  and had to try several times until finally the forum came up.  Once or twice in the past have had the message-unavailable.  One time I could not access the forum for the whole afternoon, but the next day it was fine.  This is on a laptop using Chrome.

Archived