Will Gotway Announce a new model on 8/12?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If those specs are to be believed then this looks awesome. I love the design. Very industrial/futuristic.

As I said goodbye to my wife this morning with my all black G-Form shirt on (basically I'm covered in armor) she said "Be safe 'BatMan' on your 'BatWheel'" then laughed that I should add some rubber Bat-Ears to my matt black Giro Switchblade full face helmet. This new wheel would be an awesome looking BatWheel from the Christoper Nolan era! :ph34r::thumbup:

2 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

Jojo posted this link, not sure how accurate it is:

https://mini-j.jimdo.com/accueil/actualites-mini/new-segway-ninebot-euc/

MILEAGE 50-100 KM

SPEED 30-60KMH

PRICE 600-2000 DOLLARS

Yip, i have seen this "specs" in that post also...and didn't want to repeat here :-)

what should that specs mean?...50-100km, 600-2000dollar, haha..when every specs are such detailed, we have a lot of fun her in the future :-) i could have forseen them, too ;-)

Ok, i take the 600bucks, 100km, 60kmh version ....Haha

edit:

And i can really not seen segway/ninebot doing an 60kmh wheel ...holy cow...if someone faceplants in the US...because of machine fault? happy Payday!

13 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

SWEET BABY MOUNTAIN RIDING JESUS I NEED THIS!!!:w00t2:

Tire! Proper lights! Maybe even proper electronics!

Holy cow !!!! Early adopter syndrome.

What will be the fate of your  'beloved' ACM and it's great initial and carefully considered cost of purchase ??

Some of those last alm area photos do look rocky and rugged.

Has carrying the 'beloved' on your back caused your body to break?

What can there be atop those alps spaces aside from rockier paths and more low land dairy farm wanna be cows?

1 hour ago, Bob Eisenman said:

What will be the fate of your  'beloved' ACM and it's great initial and carefully considered cost of purchase ??

What can there be atop those alps spaces aside from rockier paths and more low land dairy farm wanna be cows?

George Mallory is most famous for three immortal words he spoke to a New York Times reporter in 1923: "Because it's there". They are invariably trotted out whenever someone tries to justify an adventurous ambition. Why travel to the moon? Why explore the depths of the ocean? Why get a new, more powerful EUC to climb even higher on the rocky paths to the top of this mountain? Because it's there!

10 minutes ago, MaxLinux said:

Right, and it was very successful! So why does no other company want to put a 2.5 tire on a 16 inch wheel?

The Solowheel Classic / Ninebot (picking 16 x 2.125) effect perhaps?

Before this generation of wheels, 16" wasn't a popular standard for companies (neither Gotway nor KingSong had a 16" model).

The Gotway Mten3 looks pretty nice actually.  Clean side profile.  Cool lighting effects.  Kinda like if the MCM4 and Luffy had a love child.   Mten3 would be it.  Decent specifications for a small wheel.  First I thought oh no they are recycling the Luffy case, but no it's actually different.  I sort of liked the original small, squat Mten2 appearance, but it looked uncomfortable on the legs.  Do you still ride yours @Gimlet?

It should make for a nice portable solution for a wide range of people who want a wheel they can carry around and ride nimbly around pedestrians.  I wonder if it will cut into their Luffy sales?

Regarding the new Segway Ninebot wheel, that tire must be like 4 inches wide?  Imagine the motor powering that thing with ultra wide magnets and stator coils.  I'm thinking all terrain mountain bike capabilities... @Marty Backe I think we found your next wheel!  Let's pretend this new motor can tackle 30 degree climbs all day any day and has a 100 km range.  Inside they have super thick high voltage wiring, a massive axle and bearing, true 60 kph cruising speed... with solid reliability.  It just boggles the mind... :blink: Is this what took them so long to engineer, perfect, and release?  Xiaomi is a huge company and with Segway under their wings I wonder if this wheel might actually be a huge game changer.  I doubt head office would fund another Ninebot P disaster.

I wish they could have integrated the trolley handle into the front above the headlamp.  Those two flat side areas would be perfect to slot in a telescoping handle since it's all flat already.  Maybe they could have extended the front shell a bit more to make a slight cowl...

45 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

The Gotway Mten3 looks pretty nice actually.  Clean side profile.  Cool lighting effects.  Kinda like if the MCM4 and Luffy had a love child.   Mten3 would be it.  Decent specifications for a small wheel.  First I thought oh no they are recycling the Luffy case, but no it's actually different.  I sort of liked the original small, squat Mten2 appearance, but it looked uncomfortable on the legs.  Do you still ride yours @Gimlet?

It should make for a nice portable solution for a wide range of people who want a wheel they can carry around and ride nimbly around pedestrians.  I wonder if it will cut into their Luffy sales?

Regarding the new Segway Ninebot wheel, that tire must be like 4 inches wide?  Imagine the motor powering that thing with ultra wide magnets and stator coils.  I'm thinking all terrain mountain bike capabilities... @Marty Backe I think we found your next wheel!  Let's pretend this new motor can tackle 30 degree climbs all day any day and has a 100 km range.  Inside they have super thick high voltage wiring, a massive axle and bearing, true 60 kph cruising speed... with solid reliability.  It just boggles the mind... :blink: Is this what took them so long to engineer, perfect, and release?  Xiaomi is a huge company and with Segway under their wings I wonder if this wheel might actually be a huge game changer.  I doubt head office would fund another Ninebot P disaster.

I wish they could have integrated the trolley handle into the front above the headlamp.  Those two flat side areas would be perfect to slot in a telescoping handle since it's all flat already.  Maybe they could have extended the front shell a bit more to make a slight cowl...

Two new wheels coming out at the same time. On Facebook the Gotway wheel is said to be available with a ~1000wh battery. I can't see myself buying a wheel with only ~500wh of juice.

The Ninebot looks very intriguing. I wouldn't even care if it wasn't very fast, but it needs to have range. I'm being prepared to be disappointed on all fronts, but maybe I'll be surprised.

Archived