How much torque has an EUC to accelerate/balance?

9 minutes ago, Chriull said:

The power values are unfortionately not valid - they come from multiplying motor current times battery voltage with makes no (real) sense.

Yes, I know, but the main problem of this calculating is not unknown efficiency. The main problem is voltage given via BLE, it is average voltage for 10 seconds, not instantaneous value. But why we trying to get real mechanical power? There is no a simple way to get the real mechanical power of EUC in real world. Only Dyno, the results of which you have seen. 

2 minutes ago, palachzzz said:

Yes, I know, but the main problem of this calculating is not unknown efficiency. The main problem is voltage given via BLE, it is average voltage for 10 seconds, not instantaneous value. But why we trying to get real mechanical power? There is no a simple way to get the real mechanical power of EUC in real world. Only Dyno, the results of which you have seen. 

It's also not showing the real electrical power.

9 minutes ago, Chriull said:

That's why i don't really like 2p battery systems ;) The 4p as used with the KS16 is quite the lower limit for my "comfort level"...

That means, given tight space and/or weight constraints, you prefer systems with lower voltage?

Or, in other words, what would be your preferred configuration of, say, 36 cells?

2p=65V, 3p=43V, 4p=32V, 6p=22V, 9p=14V, 12p=11V?

41 minutes ago, Mono said:

That means, given tight space and/or weight constraints, you prefer systems with lower voltage?

I'd remove the space/weight constraint by choosing another modell/brand :ph34r:

Or, in other words, what would be your preferred configuration of, say, 36 cells?

2p=65V, 3p=43V, 4p=32V, 6p=22V, 9p=14V, 12p=11V?

Thats bringing up the other constraint which would make me feel uncomfortable - with same max speed and lower battery voltage the motor would need more current for the same torque/power (=similar performance). This would introduce possibly the overheating problems again... 

If i'd really want a small and lightweight wheel i'd recognize that this is only possible with lowering the performance - less torque and/or less speed. Max torque at given speeds has to be in certain range for "safe" driving. So with reducing the performance of the wheel the main reasons for deciding on the battery voltage should be getting the max currents in a range that cooling is no problem. Second consideration (feasibility check) is that the cells can provide this current without too much voltage sag.  If these two constraints cannot be fullfilled/satisfied speed has to be reduced... if this value gets too low, i'd forget the small lightweight wheel again...

i'm already looking forward to the possibilities of the new ?i5? - will be interesting to read the reports...

i am quite pleased with my ks16s by now - in respect to both "limitations"

if i had too choose between the actual 16s4p configuration and a 84v version with 20s2,5p :ph34r: with a different motor, so that overall performances stay the same (max torque over speed), the 20s2,5p version should be preferable - less current for same speed/torque. (If they manage to introduce no faults with the new controller design... )

... and also such a different motor means no other side effects ...

with this constraints the voltage sag (with less parallel cells, but higher voltage and less current needed for the same torque) should stay the same. ( imho - did not double check this)

12 minutes ago, Chriull said:

Thats bringing up the other constraint which would make me feel uncomfortable - with same max speed and lower battery voltage the motor would need more current for the same torque/power (=similar performance). This would introduce possibly the overheating problems again... 

But that's only a matter of resizing wires, no? Did you see this great vid?

It was posted here:

Archived