The right Vorlage ACM16 ?

Hey Guys,

I'm new to this Forum and i wanted to ask a question wich i think the answer is simple for but i cant tell for myself.

Today i recieved my ACM 1300wh and the seller told me that it is the 84v model.

But WheelLog shows me around 64v at the moment , the wheel is at 90% battery.

Does it mean i got fooled or ist this normal? 

Greetings 

26 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

That is an app fault...

The app is not ready for 84 volt wheels...but somewhere is an wheellog84v.apk flying around!

you have not been fooled ;-)

Dude thank u very much!

I can sleep tonight :-D.  I was really nervous when i saw the voltage, mainly because i was afraid to burn my Apartment with the 84v charger in combination with that false flag 67v Mainboard :-D

Thanks !

The app is not wrong. The wheel intentionally transmits the wrong voltage (it pretends it's a 67.2V model). Gotway found it easier to do this in their firmware, than change their (likely outsourced) app for the 84V models back when they were released.

But you have the right wheel, 4 pin charge plug, charger inscription says 84V, it's all good:)

To ride on this.  I just got home to my new ACM.

How do I use Jason special charger?  I just turned 1 knob to 100% and the other to knob to 5.  How do I know the charge is complete?  The V8 showed 5 bars and stop moving.  I'm not seeing anything on the wheel.

5 hours ago, CaptainKBLS said:

How do I use Jason special charger?  I just turned 1 knob to 100% and the other to knob to 5.  How do I know the charge is complete?  The V8 showed 5 bars and stop moving.  I'm not seeing anything on the wheel.

I don't personally know that charger, however @Marty Backe  did a review of the charger below (which would have been the best place to ask this question - if it is not answered there).

Very few wheels have indications on the wheel whilst charging - they are just switched off. However on the eWheels charger you have voltage, current and, unless I am much mistaken a red and green charging light so you have way more information than any other charger. I would expect the charging light to turn from red to green when deemed charged (someone confirm?) but also you can watch the current display, it will drop from 5 Amps (or whatever you set it for - 5 Amps might be a bit high for the wheel's internal wiring?) to a small fraction of an Amp when fully charged. 

There is no clear point where charging actually stops when charging Lithiums, just a convention that when the charging current has dropped far enough it can be deemed fully charged so It is worth reading up somewhat more on charging and using Lithium batteries, if you do not know them that well. For example, if you stopped charging every time when the V8's voltage indicator reached full voltage you were not fully charging it and may not have been allowing the cells to balance properly.

There is plenty of discussion on this site about looking after your batteries also excellent clear explanations at Battery University (if you do nothing else take a look at http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/charging_lithium_ion_batteries). That should help you understand clearly both the settings and readings on that charger and why the correct use of them will help prolong the life of your battery as well as charge it quickly.

5 hours ago, CaptainKBLS said:

With the knob at 5 you should see approximately 5 amps displayed on the charger. As the charge nears completion the amps will start dropping and eventually reach 0.00 and the charger fan will turn off. You're done.

Note that an idiosyncrasy with this charger is that once it turns off it won't charge the wheel again until you unplug it from the wall, wait for the LEDs to fully turn off, and then plug it back in. 

Unless you got an early unit, the V8 counter-intuatively has the 64v 3 pin plug instead of the 84v 4 pin you'd expect and that, I think, is what is fitted to the ACM. If you have a charge doctor for the V8 then you may have an adpater to change the 4 pin output to 3 pin if desired.

Also be aware the V8 is only a 2 parallel battery device. The ACM is 6 I think (4 at least). As a result putting 5A into the V8 would put charging at very close to 1C (0.8C maybe) which is the maximum I think you should charge a lithium-ion pack at without aging it/damage/risk. This is ignoring if the charge port wiring can handle it. Most I would go to is 3A for the V8 which is just over the output of the 2.5A charger Jason officially sold for it.

36 minutes ago, CaptainKBLS said:

If I want to use the same charger to charge the V8, what settings can I use?

Knob #1, 100%?

Knob #2, which of the 5?

Thank you.

I have no first hand knowledge of the V8.

1 hour ago, CaptainKBLS said:

If I want to use the same charger to charge the V8, what settings can I use?

Knob #1, 100%?

Knob #2, which of the 5?

Thank you.

Like @WARPed1701D had allready said...3 Amp are the way to go as this would be near a 0,5c charge...

Archived